When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Rolex 16613 two-tone Submariner "Noob Factory" version

By-Tor

The master stamps his authority on the review game. Another winner.

Thanks man.

Now, the watch, It's definitely a great rep and I too can see a time in my life where my hair would go grey and my watch would turn gold and this watch would fit nicely. Just not today.

Funny you say that. I don't see this one as an "old man watch" at all. Well not like the DateJust (especially two-tone DJ) or ANY thin gold watches with leather straps.

To me TT Sub is more like a "yuppie watch". It's definitely one of those watches that screams "notice me, I have money". That's what makes it a bit gaudy, and perhaps tasteless in some people's eyes.

Well, I like how it looks. A lot. The blue dial/two-tone combo is really something, and the makers really nailed the blue dial this time (finally). I have enough steel watches, so hmm... :D

To me TT Sub is more like a "yuppie watch". It's definitely one of those watches that screams "notice me, I have money". That's what makes it a bit gaudy, and perhaps tasteless in some people's eyes.

I seldom wear a shirt and wear a suit less (once a year, maybe) and I don't think you can wear this without either unless you're genuinely too rich.

I disagree. This is definitely not an 'old man's watch'. Most watches with leather straps look more like old mans watch than this one :lol: I would say that the full gold Day-date is a watch that one would wear if he wants to show others he has a lot of money, not this one. It has a good amount of gold, yes. But not as much as a full gold watch by any means.

Great review, its like getting a new issue of a favorite magazine! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I sent the link to your review to my father. He's wanted this watch since the 70's, but $8,000? Anyways, I never found a TT I felt comfortable recommending (I don't like recommending gold plated reps, nor do I like gold in general), but this might be the one! Currently he's wearing the SS ETA sub like mine.

Is this version exclusive to eurotimez? I don't see it on josh's site.

The dial is the best I've ever seen, I used this one in my MBW TT.

The date font is also very good, as a tradition for noob datewheels. MBW's font is terrible indeed.

Good to know they fixed the crown, maybe they did it in BK's way?

I guess you decided to keep it :)

Great review, as usually :good:

Thank you BT for the article.

I seldom wear a shirt and wear a suit less (once a year, maybe) and I don't think you can wear this without either unless you're genuinely too rich.

Hi Pug!

I'm sorry, but I beg to disagree. I wear my Gen with blue jeans and white adidas sneaks with blue stripes all the time in the summer.....sometimes with white or dirty white suede driving shoes or loafers (sans the socks)! I think the Blue TT is versatile! You could go very casual and yet classy! Or you could go formal and sophisticated.

Thanks folks!!

Hey, I replaced the wristshot picture with a better one. Look at the SELs, they're very nicely recessed.

PS: If you have this review in your browser cache, click refresh to see the new photo.

@by-tor - Thank you for a very nice review again. I am convinced to buy this one.

Does anyone know Eurotimez website. i sent an email once couple days ago and never get reply.

How much does he ask for?

I belive that Chris is in BK this wekend and will have difficultys answering mail, i am sure that he will get back to you as soon as he is back home wherever that is for him. One thing i liked about my dealing with him was the comunication.

I belive that Chris is in BK this wekend and will have difficultys answering mail, i am sure that he will get back to you as soon as he is back home wherever that is for him. One thing i liked about my dealing with him was the comunication.

Agreed. His communication is top-notch, and it does feel like your dealing with one man, rather than a team. Something about this makes me feel more secure.

Awesome review :good:

I'm not a fan of gold watches, but, I have to admit, the TT Submariner always looks good.

With regards the comments about versatility, despite not having one, I'd have to agree. I've seen one guy in a suit wearing one (the suit looked like it came from the goodwill) and a guy wearing jeans and a denim shirt with one. Looked fine wither way.

The implication from Chris's post on his dealer section is that the watch By-Tor reviewed above is the solid 14k gold midlink one. If so, does anyone have a price on this yet? And are the different grades of gold plating that By-Tor refers to? How can one be sure you're getting what you paid for and not getting skinned?

Edited by The Mentalist

The implication from Chris's post on his dealer section is that the watch By-Tor reviewed above is the solid 14k gold midlink one. If so, does anyone have a price on this yet? And are the different grades of gold plating that By-Tor refers to? How can one be sure you're getting what you paid for and not getting skinned?

Yep, I've been waiting for an answer to that too.

Great review Tor! Thank you - this has always been one of my favorite watches and this is an excellent rep.

@ By-Tor,

By-Tor, how is the lume of this noob? Maybe you want to share some pics ? :)

Yeah, I might take some pics later.

The lume is very decent rep lume, and like I stated in my review the hands are lumed nicely as well. i.e the lume is equally strong, which is rare on the Rolex reps. Usually the hands have much weaker luminous abilities than the hour markers.

The pearl is luminous too, but not quite as strong. Nothing to complain about... the lume overall isn't as strong as on my gen Explorer II dial, but very decent rep lume... so no problem there.

• 2 weeks later...