When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Rolex 16613 two-tone Submariner "Noob Factory" version

By-Tor

thank you By-Tor for this wonderful review and i have to have one of these very soon (like next week).

But i have to ask this (forgive me if i am out of line). If i am not mistaken, Precious Time did the same thing

in the past and there was some issue with it and he is no longer offer it anymore).

So i am a little nervous.

thank you By-Tor for this wonderful review and i have to have one of these very soon (like next week).

But i have to ask this (forgive me if i am out of line). If i am not mistaken, Precious Time did the same thing

in the past and there was some issue with it and he is no longer offer it anymore).

So i am a little nervous.

No, you're not "out of line" of course. I'm just as curious about this whole subject as everyone.

I think PT mistakenly claimed that the bezel on one of his watches was solid gold, and it wasn't. He was misinformed by his supplier.

I don't think those problems had anything to do with the bracelet. But I could be wrong, I had to go that old thread and check it out.

No, you're not "out of line" of course. I'm just as curious about this whole subject as everyone.

I think PT mistakenly claimed that the bezel on one of his watches was solid gold, and it wasn't. He was misinformed by his supplier.

I don't think those problems had anything to do with the bracelet. But I could be wrong, I had to go that old thread and check it out.

Awesome review By-Tor. I'm a total newbie but I learned so much in the past week of being on this forum (much of it from you) I have been communicating with Chris and so far the communication has been beyond excellent. I am placing an order for this watch, I don't particularly care if the gold is solid or not, as long as it is reliable. The price is good, your review seems to point out that the rep is very close to gen and I'm a sold man. I've always wanted one of these.

PS: I tried to PM you but I don't think it went threw. Are you accepting PM's?

Edited by zephyrzone

PS: I tried to PM you but I don't think it went threw. Are you accepting PM's?

Yes, I'm accepting PM's and already replied yours, I was just "out of office". :) Thanks man.

Nice review,,,it is funny how a watch can "change",,,even a month ago I would say this watch was "ugly" and then after checking this out and the pics,,,something clicked and now it is "on the list".

I'm considering this but also thought about a few homage versions. It would be interesting to see how the Invicta, Debaufre and maybe a few others out there would compare.

Update: Ok,,,looks like this is incoming from Eurotimez,,,will post some pics when it gets here.

• 1 year later...

Huge thanks BT, this review was brilliant (as are all of yours I have read so far), and it helped me to order my new watch.

Just two things if I may;

Firstly, has anyone else noticed that reps never seem to get the very distinctive '4' (of 40) on the bezel correct? It's one of the first things I look for when 'fake spotting', and even though this Noobmariner is brilliant, it fails on that IMO.

Secondly, I have just ordered my TT Noob (ETA mvmt model and I have paid for the 14k wrap upgrade) from ETZ, and look forward to receiving it soon. It is a slightly updated model to the one in the review in that it has the engraved rehaut (or at least I hope it's engraved...here is a link to it http://www.eurotimez88.com/product_info.php?cPath=87_154&products_id=2386&osCsid=f2eb72ce2b52e155565d718e3123d67d )

Would you guys say it is the same (and therefore as impressive) as the watch in this review? Or can anyone ruin my day and advise any shortcomings?

Hope not!

Thanks for reading, and thanks again for the review BT.

Ezz.

You're welcome.

I would definitely try to get this replica without the engraving, which is only a downgrade. The engraving looks nothing like the gen + it's non-symmetric.

I don't know if it's possible to get without anymore though.

Thanks for the advice BT - I have to be honest and say that I was thinking the same thing...

I have just emailed Helina to ask if they can supply with a plain rehaut, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks once again, best regards,

Ezz.

p.s. do you think the watch is the same as the one you reviewed otherwise? Thanks.

Edited by bezzer04

p.s. do you think the watch is the same as the one you reviewed otherwise? Thanks.

The watch in the pictures is the same model but as stated before this rep comes with 3 different gold "grades". Of course I don't know what the dealer has in stock now.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Thank you By Tor for such a comprehensive review of the TT replica Sub. By he way, excuse my ignorance, but why calling this particular piece a "noobmariner" I believed "noobie" watch stood for first cheap replica for the beginners, but your review claims this is the best or among the best replicas of the Rolex classic Sub.

Thank you again fo your insightful article.

Thank you By Tor for such a comprehensive review of the TT replica Sub. By he way, excuse my ignorance, but why calling this particular piece a "noobmariner" I believed "noobie" watch stood for first cheap replica for the beginners, but your review claims this is the best or among the best replicas of the Rolex classic Sub.

Thank you again fo your insightful article.

"Noobmariner" was a cheap replica which was an exception to the rule. Usually the price dictates how accurate rep you're going to get, but in Noobmariner's case it did not. TTK and other dealers sold the stainless steel Noob with Asian movement for $99 back in its day.

You can read my 2006 review of the original Noobmariner here. LINK. Today I'm a bit ashamed of those low quality photos though. :D

It was extremely good replica, and still is. Not only "for the money" but generally too. But they are known to have some occasional QC issues like crooked cyclops, bad bracelets, that's why it's important that you buy from a dealer that checks the watch before shipping it.

The factory that produced it, also produced some very good other Rolex reps too (ExpII, GMT 16710, GMT ceramic, seconds at 6 Daytona, Noob YM, etc.) Some of these watches weren't cheap, like the better version of the 16613 (the watch in this review). bklm1234 started to use the term "Noob factory" because these good reps all came from the same factory (factory that produced the original Noobmariner). That's where the name comes from.

Only WM9 has produced better quality modern Rolex reps, and those seem to be long gone.

• 5 weeks later...

Wonderful review mate, thanks so much for taking the time to do stuff like this for the community.

We're seeing a crop of Ceramic bezel TT subs and I was wondering if you have handled any of these and/or if you have any thoughts on them? Dealer shots are hard to judge by and I can't see any threads on folks that have bought these most recent versions. Just wanted a heads up for an issues before i pull the trigger.

Cheers,

Bones

Hi Bones, thanks for the compliments.

No I haven't owned any of the modern Rolex replicas. I'm not too crazy about the new Rolex design (that fat lugs look) so I haven't bought any of them. I only (briefly) owned the GMT IIc replication. LINK.

They're not bad looking watches but (imho) something essential was lost with the new styling.

It's funny... I haven't owned a gold/two tone watch in a long time now, and I always have an "itch" for them... especially when it has been a while.

But when I get them, I never have stomach to wear them. Somehow the gold is so "eighties". But then again, TT watches are very beautiful. TT Sub (both black and blue) are very nice, and this replica was very nice.

If you want the best TT Sub, try to get the WM9 version. It's expensive but worth it (imho). This one is the second best without a doubt.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi

I am new to all of this, so will probably get told off for something, but I have no idea how else to get information.

I would very much like to know where and how I could purchase one of these watches. Could you please help me with some information?

Many thanks - Soco59

Guest Gotohavearolexnow

I too am after this watch , had one many years ago but never this good any idea who has the best one of these around now ? With rolled gold strap ?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...