When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just got my FA Jones...review time!

deOnn

Hi,

Am a newbie at this Rep stuff.

Have been a silent forum reader til now...just bought and received my FA Jones.

Bought the black strap with white front/black numbering & silver hands one.

Got it from Andrew (Trusty). Communication and delivery was good and fast.

My review...(go easy on me, total newbie)

Front:

1. Nice and clean, classic look. That's why I like it.

2. Mistake!! There should be a line spacing between "Shaffhausen" and "FA Jones". Saw rep pics were ok, my came with this silly mistake.

post-12130-1206619700_thumb.jpg

The Numbering:

1. Read about the 117/3000...so I expected it.

2. What I got was 01/50, which isn't bad for my black/silver version. Gen is ???/500, gives room for correction. A plus, but why couldn't they take it 1 number further and gave me 101/500 or something?

Back:

1. Well done with the decorations I think.

2. I've seen versions with the blue screws on the wheels, and I didn't like it. Was hoping not to get the same thing but unfortunately. Mine has the silly blue plated screws which look nothing like the gen or rep pics I saw.

3. Regulator needle is FAUX and chipped/tarnished. Seems like it isn't part of the movement, juz pasted on top. Very disappointing. Update...needle cleaned and found to be probably workable.

post-12130-1206619622_thumb.jpg

Movement:

1. From comparing it with my digital watch side by side throughout the day, seems pretty accurate.

2. Movement is LOUD. Can hear it 3meters away in a quiet room. I've got other automatic watches, none even near as loud, but it has got a retro sound to it...so not too bothered. Must be a vibration thing, cuz it's really loud on a glass table, no sound when on a rubber mat.

Overall:

I like the look and feel of the watch. The flaws are small but annoying cuz all so unnecessary. Doesn't follow the rep pics I saw either. I don't think that's Trusty's fault, all dealers prob get from the same source. Costs 2% of the real stuff, can't complain. But would I have bought it if I knew the 1. FA Jones spacing, 2. Blue screws and 3. Faux regulator errors....probably not.

Edited by deOnn

Looking at your picture it looks like thew regulator needle will work but it is dirty and yes the FA Jones Should be spaced further down but still a nice watch for the price.

Ummm....yeah, maybe you're right. That would really make things better. I will keep watch on that needle and update review if necessary. =)