When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oem Box Or Not?

robideaux

hey, i recently scored what is purportedly an OEM panerai box from a friend who owns a pawn shop. he got it from a friend who worked at the local AD before they closed down along with many other goodies including stands and booklets. he didn't know what model it was from so i thought maybe some of you might be able to let me know. he gave me the box for free, and i am curious to know what series it is. i have read the earlier series boxes are supposed to be lighter in color. also there are no "fasteners(?)" to hold any extra strap/screwdriver down, so i was thinking that maybe this came from a 40 mm model. i hope somebody here knows their OEM box history!! thanks in advance friends.

72873-32161.jpg

72873-32162.jpg

72873-32163.jpg

72873-32164.jpg

72873-32165.jpg

72873-32166.jpg

Edited by robideaux

Well, sorry, I am unable to help, but I wanted to tell you it is a real beauty, and for free it is a steal!

Odds are that you are going to own a $$$$$$$ vintage piece in a while....

@ robideaux, it looks oem to me. my recently purchased genuine 091 came with this exact same box. i am at work now but here is a picture poor picture from the actual auction. good score!

(a little hijacking) wheaton, where the heck have you been hiding so far? We missed your tales and writing skills!

@ sssurfer, i really haven't been on rwg much lately. my interest was sparked recently when i received my genuine pam 091! the story of how i got it is crazy. so many factors that should have made me run away ... but it was a gut feeling that made me go for it! i didn't really explain it in my original post ...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;#entry70754

because there was no real benefit, but believe me ... i dropped 3 g's and was sweating for two weeks. anyway, to get back to this post (and show off another picture of my watch) here is another shot of the watch box. anyone feel like gambling?