When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Daylight 196

Stephane

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That timepiece is a masterpiece, Stephane. Congrats to you, and kudos to all the great members involved in making this project a reality! (A special hi to my old friend W) :)

As for the strap, and as a personal homage to your project, I thought you might like a pic from the genuine OP 2004 (G series) catalogue:

gen196zv4.jpg

As you can see, they propose it with a black croco strap...

...but, honestly, I prefer it with your rubber strap. ;)

In any case, just leave brown out. Better playing with black, or black + grey, or black + off white. :wub:

:lol: Next time it is off to DB's for the fabulous burger with short ribs and foie gras. The best of French meeting American. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ah, that sounds very very sexy to me :yeah:

It's a deal!

That timepiece is a masterpiece, Stephane. Congrats to you, and kudos to all the great members involved in making this project a reality! (A special hi to my old friend W) :)

As for the strap, and as a personal homage to your project, I thought you might like a pic from the genuine OP 2004 (G series) catalogue:

As you can see, they propose it with a black croco strap...

...but, honestly, I prefer it with your rubber strap. ;)

In any case, just leave brown out. Better playing with black, or black + grey, or black + off white. :wub:

Hey SSSurfer,

I'm so happy you pop up here.

I want all the community to know you educated me in Pams :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, I'm still wanting to ask tons of questions of course, but at least I didn't fall in any scam or poor 196 and for that I thank you (aswell as for your patience :wounded1: )

I love Brown ...and thus I'm fortunate that Kruz added this beautifull combo to the watch!

I couldn't wear it on black croc I think (tried today with a black carbon :yuk: )

Ok, well, each time I'll wear it with the Rubber one (wich I love), I'll have a thought for you M, ok ?

Cheers

Stephane

PS: and I would like to return all the congrats from this thread to Kruz & Ziggy :group:

Congrats, Stephane! That is one amazing watch and perhaps the only clone that I regret not picking up in the good old days when it was available. Those were the true super reps, IMO.

I never thought Kruz would part with this watch. I've seen it in the flesh and it is a stunner.

Glad to see you're enjoying the new toy. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Congrats, Stephane! That is one amazing watch and perhaps the only clone that I regret not picking up in the good old days when it was available. Those were the true super reps, IMO.

I never thought Kruz would part with this watch. I've seen it in the flesh and it is a stunner.

Glad to see you're enjoying the new toy. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am enjoying Jetsons, I am !

Well maybe next time we'll share a Camenbert in NYC all toghether...

Who knows which watch is gonna pop up ?

.....a 63 ?

:rofl:

Hey SSSurfer,

I'm so happy you pop up here.

I want all the community to know you educated me in Pams :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, I'm still wanting to ask tons of questions of course, but at least I didn't fall in any scam or poor 196 and for that I thank you (aswell as for your patience :wounded1: )

You are always welcome, Stephane. :)

I am noone to educate anyone, though. I just like sharing with good members like you the little I happened to become in knowledge of. :blush:

Ok, well, each time I'll wear it with the Rubber one (wich I love), I'll have a thought for you M, ok ?

Glad to hear it, Stephane. Congrats once again, and wear it well!

• 10 years later...
On 4/4/2008 at 3:07 PM, Stephane said:

Panerai 196

Panerai196_Kruz_800_04.jpg

Dear All,

I finally made it but wouldn't have done without RWG and a little help from a friend.

The Grail

Precisely 2 years ago I ordered the same watch from an eBay seller.

I loved it but of course, as I didn't yet discover RWG, it wasn't "perfectly" accurate.

Since then I tried to find a better example.

Today it is on my wrist :blush:

Panerai196_Kruz_800_03.jpg

A nice story

Now and then senior members were showing their Daylights here.

One of them was the one I really would buy if it was for sale: Kruzer's 196.

A true torture for me :black_eye:

I started to let him know in every post where I saw his 196 that I loved it so much ;)

I recently spent some days in the Big Apple and had the chance to see this baby in the flesh.

Kruzer and I had a lunch together and he did me the favour to bring it so I could touch it, sniff it :in_love:

Shortly after I returned I got a mail.

I couldn't believe what I read: I received the first option on buying that beauty!

:sorcerer:

The watch

It's an Old case 196.

The case back is individually serialized 002; second one of the lot from the initial Honpo order.

Panerai196_Kruz_800_11.jpg

It is a genuine Swiss ETA 7753 that beats under a single ARed crystal by Chieftang.

The date wheel is a Lello or Finepics one (Kruz couldn't remember).

The combo is great the date isn't sunk and set by the quick set button at 50.

Panerai196_Kruz_800_05.jpg

The dial and hands have been lumed by The Zigmeister. Look at how precise the work is :v:

Panerai196_Kruz_800_07.jpg

Panerai196_Kruz_800_16.jpg

A genuine crown is installed and the CG is modified for solid fit and good lever movement.

A true pleasure to use it.

Panerai196_Kruz_800_08.jpg

Panerai196_Kruz_800_09.jpg

The following picture speaks for itself about the fine work done by The Zigmeister here also.

Panerai196_Kruz_800_10.jpg

Finally, a genuine Panerai brown alligator strap has been generously added to the watch by his previous owner :clap3:

Panerai196_Kruz_800_12.jpg

Panerai196_Kruz_800_13.jpg

The men behind the watch

The Zigmeister

This is my first The Zigmeisterfied watch and believe me, the work is amazing, including under the loupe.

I read so many compliments about his work that I'm happy to confirm he does a great job.

Hard to believe that it is possible to lume this small parts that well.

Congratulations The Zigmeister, I'm really impressed. :1a:

Kruzer00

Well, he is a great collector of rep and gens for sure.

Most of his rep watches are modded to perfection including this 196.

There is something else I would like to say though.

He is a generous and elegant person, no doubt.

I'm not sure he really wanted to part with it, he was surely not looking for "a DEAL"

I suspect a part of his decision to sell it is to do me a favour as he knew I was badly seeking one.

:notworthy:

I hope you had a good time!

Thanks for looking and reading.

:bye1:

Cheers

Stephane

PS: One question for members with Panerai knowledge

I bought this strap a while ago.

It's hard rubber, not the soft chitty one.

Is it accurate to wear the 196 with that strap or is it completely stupid?

Panerai196_Kruz_800_14.jpg

Panerai196_Kruz_800_15.jpg

hello.

Nice watch, look nice.

Do you know except small minutes tick after 12 hours what else can be indication of Panerai Luminor Daylight Pan00196 being Replica?

i spot in local shop similar with G 1200/1200 look at this post:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f75/panerai-luminor-chrono-daylight-pam-196-g-1200-1200-last-real-replica-4762359.html#post46708839

10 years later in New york ;-0

but now one know how many replicas were made since productions ended 2004-2006.

how is your watch?

does they work?

have a good day!