When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Portofino Chrono.. Cream Gold Dial

Wow, Lani, that's an awesome comparison pic!!! You might have convinced me buying the black version... :)

And you have to thank Piratedzeus for posting the hi res pic first. But Joyful Collection should be anyone's first choice for finding hi res gen pics.....

Wear it in good health!

thank you Scoobs.... Thank you Piratedzeus.. you are on top of everything as alway's.... Mahalo Plenty.... Danke...

scoob... i wonder if the rings on the black dial rep are thicker ??

Here's a screenshot of the IWC website. They show two models. Assuming this is accurate, you can see how the lower picture looks silver while the upper picture looks champagne. For clarity, one of the models is the black dial.

ok,.. so the gold dial with gold markers does exist,.. thank you good to know.. the one i have posted is a cream -champagne colour... the pics off the collectors sites have the saturation level in the digital image reduced.. the ones from the collectors at least for now are "very light cream" colour..

now the only rep left without verification of the genuine is the "White SS" model... :)

edit Add:.. i keep trying to desifer if the cream colour comes from the light bouncing off the markers and hands

this is what colour yours eyes will see even in strict light.. for effect I am posting this particular pic again.. now the question is... is the genuine this colour or silver white ?? or bleached white ?? .. that will be the determining factor in the replication..

edit add: the subs oare not dark as in this pic..

dsc0006hh4.jpg

I just popped to my local AD to have a look at the Portuguese and this Portofino. I am definitely making this my next rep purchase, it is beautiful in the flesh, and the only thing I will be changing is the datewheels to make them the Swiss version.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice watch Lani, I think I'll add one to my IWC family quite soon :)

Just one question - you say that you got cream dial version, and these is pic of the cream/gold dial Josh have on its site:

I must say that watch on your pictures look much more like white dial one ? Of course it could be because of lightning in the picture, but difference seems quite extreme. And since I REALLY love watch in your pictures, I would like to be sure what version it is ;)

regards

Z3k0

The following picture on Puretime is also the cream version but it looks mutch more like the pictures from Lani. Maybe it will ensure you that you order the right version ;)

post-11240-1208678284_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Okay, I've lurked long enough. :D I have always loved IWC watches and am in need of a dress watch at the moment. I personally would have probably favored the Portu Chrono or FA Jones over this watch but the reviews have scared me away. How are you liking this watch Lani? Has anyone else since made the purchase? I went into my local AD and must say it is a beautiful watch.

Also, I wonder how would one go about getting a replacement strap? Could one be had online quickly (I'm not to keen on waiting months like some here report) or would an AD sell you a real one if you were willing to fork over the $$$? Thanks again.

• 6 months later...

OK guys so please point me to the right direction - which one of theese is more acurate reffering to the Gen ?

Gen pic

https://www.iwc.com/collection/popup...view=0&v=70101

Rep-trusty

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?ma... ucts_id=2710

Rep-trusty

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?ma... ucts_id=2711

Rep-king

http://www.kingwatches.net/IWC-088.htm

Rep-king

http://www.kingwatches.net/IWC-089.htm

Thanks

Edited by stj007

IWC in my opinion makes some of the finest watches for their price point.

Never liked the Portofino series because I personally felt that they dont have their own identity but their latest line up does catch my eye. Nice catch Lani. Its a beauty. Excellent choice for a dress watch.

And yes, its one fat [censored]...

Kindest Regards

Siesta181

Yeah but from what I recall you don't ever sell any of them do you? That said, you may not be counting my bruddah but you've got to have passed fifty pieces and maybe even be approaching a bill by now no?

I don't know.. :rolleyes: .. i don't collect watches just to wear.. i like viewing them as art.... i may wear a few during a 24 hour period... and my attraction changes from month to month at times..

Agreed. Most of their prices make for a good value for the money. Although I do think that there is a definite difference in overal fit and finish between the lower end IWC's (Portofino/AT's/Portochrono) and the middle end (7-Days/BP/Ingy). Pretty nice on the latter and a bit marginal on the lower. But they make up fro it in design and low prices so I'm not complaining. I actually own a low end IWC so I must not think too bad about it. But truthfully, both the PO and the Steelfish are equal to - or in the case of the Fish maybe even a hair nicer feeling and finished - and both for a bit less money. But overall, I think the the line is tight and well thought out with a ton of variety in design and function and no duplication like so many other brands with very convoluted ranges (sorry Breitling :p )...

But one thing peeves me about IWC: I think that they could do a bit better at movement finishing in their display backed models and especially with some of their flagship stuff. I remember being a bit appauled some time ago while handling their eighty thousand dollar minute repeater. The level of movement finishing was more in line with something from Sinn or Oris. Nothing wrong with that of course, but when they are running with the big dogs? Nuf said. Imagine how amazing say the BP would be if that movement was finished on the order of something like GO (which incidentally is done quite a bit by machine contrary to popluar belief unlike Lange and others).

IWC in my opinion makes some of the finest watches for their price point.

Kindest Regards

Siesta181

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lanikai-

Beautiful looking watch. Could you please post or PM me where you bought this one? I link to the order page would be great since I just want to order one.

Cheers!

I wonder the same thing. Where did you find the 44 mm dial version, because I only can find the 42 mm version at the dealers, these days...

I found these amazing Portofinos on Hont's website, but I didn't understand a thing about the colour of the dial, even if I read the whole thread twice. LOL. So, Lani, please tell me what version is your watch from these two: http://www.hontwatch.com/productdetails_2363.html or this one: http://www.hontwatch.com/productdetails_2362.html ??? So the cream/gold or white/gold? Please help me because I don't want to buy the wrong version. Yours was the best looking dress watch I've ever seen... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 10 months later...