When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Not using the chrono - aquaracer

jpc

Hi guys sorry to sound like a newbie, What is classed as NOT using the chrono?

When the three dials are working and the second hand is stopped?

OR

When the second hand is still spinning?

How can i get my aquaracer to stop the 3 small dials working and just use the big second hand?!

thanks

I always wonder why people buy a chronograph when they don't even know what a chronograph is...

Beter first do some surfing on what a chronograph is and what the function is of all the different sub dials and hands. Then you will know the answer to your question :

'What is classed as NOT using the chrono'
Edited by Rolexman

I always wonder why people buy a chronograph when they don't even know what a chronograph is...

Beter first do some surfing on what a chronograph is and what the function is of all the different sub dials and hands. Then you will know the answer to your question :

Thank you for you incredibly indept reply about not answering the question. it would have just been easier for you not to be flippant. Sorry for my inexperience, but i think the watch is gorgeous, on or off my wrist. Sorry for not knowing bloody everything about and thanks for crashing down on a new member and making me feel much less than welcome here!

The stopwatch runs when the big center seconds hand is running. It starts and stops from the upper button, resets from the lower one.

When reset, all chrono hands point at '12.

thanks for your kind replies and helpfull answers. just what i needed.

much appreciated.

My Tag is now running with the traditional second hand at the top, not moving. and the 9 oclock subdail telling me the seconds.

Kind Regards

I do not understand the hostility toward new members to our hobby. We were all new at one point. We should welcome these new members with open arms.

Welcome to RWG jpc :)

I think the point Rolexman was trying to make is that the answer to your question is readily available on the site. You can learn all you want (and more) about chronographs (and the Asian 7750 inparticular) with just a few clicks of the mouse.

If you want to keep that beautiful new TAG Aquaracer running properly you would be well advised to read The Zigmeisterzumbas very informative posts :tu:

Thank you for you incredibly indept reply about not answering the question. it would have just been easier for you not to be flippant. Sorry for my inexperience, but i think the watch is gorgeous, on or off my wrist. Sorry for not knowing bloody everything about and thanks for crashing down on a new member and making me feel much less than welcome here!

Don't be a smart ass. It will get you nowhere! My answer simply implied that the information you need is available all over the internet, including this forum. Simple Google 'chronograph movement' and you would have known that a chronograph is nothing more then a stopwatch. The regular second hand (which keeps track of the time is located in a small subdial which can't be stopped (unless you pull out the crown making the movement stop... or you're god LOL). The big second hand is activated when the chronograph/ stopwatch is actvated (top button) and keeps track of the elapsed time. When 60 seconds have passed the small minute subdial hand will jump 1 marker (indicating 1 minute has passed). When 30 minutes have passed the hour subdial will have moved one marker. This way each sub dial will indicate resp. passed minutes and hours.

The third sub dial will keep track of the regular time and has nothing to do with the chronograph/ stopwatch. After stopping the chronograph, again with the top button, you can reset all the hands by pushing the bottom pusher(reset). Off course this will not affect the second hand which keeps track of time and there for will continue running.

I hope you feel welcome ............................

Edited by Rolexman

Don't be a smart ass. It will get you nowhere! My answer simply implied that the information you need is available all over the internet, including this forum. Simple Google 'chronograph movement' and you would have known that a chronograph is nothing more then a stopwatch. The regular second hand (which keeps track of the time is located in a small subdial which can't be stopped (unless you pull out the crown making the movement stop... or you're god LOL). The big second hand is activated when the chronograph/ stopwatch is actvated (top button) and keeps track of the elapsed time. When 60 seconds have passed the small minute subdial hand will jump 1 marker (indicating 1 minute has passed). When 30 minutes have passed the hour subdial will have moved one marker. This way each sub dial will indicate resp. passed minutes and hours.

The third sub dial will keep track of the regular time and has nothing to do with the chronograph/ stopwatch. After stopping the chronograph, again with the top button, you can reset all the hands by pushing the bottom pusher(reset). Off course this will not affect the second hand which keeps track of time and there for will continue running.

I hope you feel welcome ............................

You could have said that in your first post instead of in your second...just my 2 cents :) and welcome to JPC