When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Test: The Oris Carlos Coste Chronograph Limited Edition replica

Seadweller4000

cover.jpg

I always admired the understated but sportive Oris diving watches and was very curious when rumours appeared that one would be repped in hiqh quality. So it was an easy step for me to jump the bandwagon after Silix introduced this 3 weeks ago.

Now I will try to examine if the rep is as good as I had hoped…

There aren’t a lot of companies building watches that are water-resistant more than 600m, and even less that build chronographs for these depths.

By introducing a chronograph that can go down 1.000 meters, Oris proves that it plays in the premiere league of diving toolwatches, next to Breitling, Sinn, Charmex, Suunto and Girard-Perregaux. Of course, Charmex has pushed it really over the edge with its 50mm large and 12.000ft pressure-resistant Swiss Military watch, which is a chronograph as well. But with 3281ft the Oris Carlos Coste Chronograph will stand any atmosphere even professional divers might reach.

img_100_297.jpg

Like you can guess from the name, the watch limited to 2000 pieces was developed in partnership with free-diving world record holder Carlos Coste.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... I'm so breathless about both your review and the rep I could go and dive NOW :Jumpy:

Thx for that SD4K, I think you made my day. I'm in love with this watch and was really desperate it would never be for me due to a huge size (44 is really, I mean really the biggest size I can wear). And your objective description of the situation makes me think I might give it a try.

True, that would be awesome for a real usage in water... I can't (and don't want to) imagine how chunky it would be with a bracelet...

As far as the low-beat movement is concerned, I don't take this as a drawback anymore since The Zigmeister explained that the high-beat is not to be considered as superior, just as different. Of course, sweeping will suffer of that, but that won't prevent me from purchasing a watch.

The fine regulator makes it look more like the real thing, but it seems definitely confirmed that it does not work.

Again, thank you for sharing your time and experience. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Once the watch is on a metal bracelt it will not be top heavy. I have a ORis on Rubber and also on Bracelet. You don't nitice the aditional weight that much and the watch is ballaced with the metal bracelet. Great Review. I did see taht one owner had problems with his watch but SIlix swaped the watch for a working one (no hassle). This gives me faith in dealing with Silix in the future.

Guest madstal

EXCELLENT review. I own (2) GEN Oris Watches (Blue Bond style & F1 Williams) are they are GREAT. I think I may have to add this to my "to get" list.

Cheers.

What an outstanding review. I initially felt it was too wierd to have the crown wearing on the inside of my left wrist but it looks balanced and I like a little wierdness in my watches. I just added this to my wish list. Thanks for the time you spend putting the review together.

Usil