When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Test: The Oris Carlos Coste Chronograph Limited Edition replica

Seadweller4000

In the meantime I'll set the time at 3.15 or 8.45... Fair solution until the doubt is raised.

(there are idiots working there or someone made a private joke, I can't explain this otherwise).

I mean it...

Kick in the balls, me say ! :brow:

The dealer has already proposed an exchange at his own expenses (sounds good) but I'm wondering if it's worth risking a trip back to China, knowing that the movement works perfectly. It seems that the factory does not want to supply the DW alone. They want to exchange (swap the movement ?).

Has by chance anyone obtained a DW from an other dealer ?

In any case, those buying th OCC : have this particular point checked thoroughly. If your dealer does not dropship ... :rolleyes:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And while doing so, please think about setting your time at 3.15 or 8.45.

It is nothing else as a watch that has been turned 180 degrees, so IMO it should be taken care as a very standard 7750.

An other proof of this is that the start chrono is down and the reset is up. Just rotate your watch of 180

Nothing I can't live with :)

But it's important for all members to know.

I learnt with this matter that there are two weeks on a wheel, not one.

And that with a basic QC from the dealer, this is not something you can discover.

Kick in the balls, me say ! :brow:

You must be willing to make such a mistake, it's not possible otherwise... Only on one day ?? I would understand if the whole datewheel was reversed...

Seadweller4000 I just cant stop reading this review :) grand!!

My dealer swapped my OCC with one with correct SUN-days and soon I hope it will be on my wrist!

btw did you make the 100m test ?

It is hard to arrange as it can only be made at an AD friend of my watchmaker. I am not even sure if I will be allowed to take pictures for evidence. :(

I will keep you posted.

Guys...I have to chime in here. This is a great review...as stated on page one allready...and it made me pull the trigger for an OCC.

The watch came some 8 days later and I was not that happy with it....the flaws on my piece were:

1) screw-down crown does not screw in...the thread of the tube is far too short and the crown keeps popping-out!

2) dust under the crystal, and not 1 tiny corn....several big dust flakes and hairs are on the dial and beneath the saphire

3) the bezel is not allingned at 12 .... it is half way between 12:00 and 12:01

4) the bezel is loose and can be moved to the side 2mm! It jiggles when you move the watch.

5) both lug-screws that hold the rubber strap to the case are stripped, one of the small screws fell out or was not delivered!

Due to the lug-screws and now the stripped crown-thread I cannot wear this watch, I wanted to wear it as a sports and swim watch...no chance now.

I allready shipped the piece back to China....my first back-shipment in 3 years rep-collecting and over 100 watches!!!

...really hope it will make it

The tube is indeed short, you will screw the crown something like 1 turn only.

For the rest, it's really a shame that a dealer could send you this...

I hope that not too many reps are concerned, as it is really a great watch.

I sent mine back for the DW issue. These are really a bunch of flaws for the same rep.

Got mine in today.

Is it just me or does everybody have an issue with the day date alignment being way off. I can't seem to fine adjust them both to stay straight. Either the day is straight or the date, but never both. It looks bad because it is so crooked.

One rubber bracelet arrived with a crack around the pin area. I'm going to talk to the dealer about it.

After the great review of a good copy, I'm sorry to say that I feel a little bit disappointed with the one I received.

• 2 weeks later...

Got one from trustytime, received it today 5/19/2008, cut 3 rubber strap hole but didn't cut any further. Too bad this is a good rep but i can't wear it. it's too BIG for my wrist(am Asian). Everything is looks so well done except for small scratch in the bottom which don't bother me. I am looking for a trade, maybe a seamaster, chopard mile miglia or ferarri, movado, planet ocean or any good fairly new no less than $200 price range rep. Got mine brand new, one day old and US$268 from trusty. i can send along my ems receipt. I'll trade with US address, email me the pic 1st.

Gallop2

post-12104-1211258778_thumb.jpg

Got one from trustytime, received it today 5/19/2008, cut 3 rubber strap hole but didn't cut any further. Too bad this is a good rep but i can't wear it. it's too BIG for my wrist(am Asian). Everything is looks so well done except for small scratch in the bottom which don't bother me. I am looking for a trade, maybe a seamaster, chopard mile miglia or ferarri, movado, planet ocean or any good fairly new no less than $200 price range rep. Got mine brand new, one day old and US$268 from trusty. i can send along my ems receipt. I'll trade with US address, email me the pic 1st.

Gallop2

Dude,

Why don't you support the forum & be a supporter & post your OCC up for sale in the correct sub-forum, instead? :)

• 7 months later...

Super review SD4K!

I am awe inspired, and will be adding this beautiful timepiece to my collection in a few short months. I have been wanting to get an oris for sometime now, but it seemed that there was no real high quality sample available until this model.

hopefully the metal bracelets will be released soon...the ones i have seen that fit this model thus far are far inferior to even consider putting on this beauty...

it looks to be spot on on everything as far as details go...only noticed a few consistent defects from the updated 28,800 bph sample that are not really noticable until you examine the pictures from the various dealers and collecters posted in the rep forums and on dealers sites...

below are a few flaws that i noticed, but arent a deal breaker at all, just my observations from the various photos...i would like to post the photos but i just do not have the bandwidth to do so at this time due to my location and the fact that im using proxify to even be able to access this site thru my network...

1) the oris word printed on the dial is a little to the left within the printable box...again not really noticable unless you look closely...

2) ive noticed a consistency on all carlos coste medallions on the caseback, that the words "LIMITED EDITION" are a little uneven so to speak, what i mean is that the letters are not in alignment with each other, and secondly to this i have noticed in a few of those photos that some of the letters in these words are blotched, having a wet ink appearance to them...again not as noticable unless you really take the time to examine the photos.

3) and not so noticable unless you look at the gen photo and the rep photo at the same time is the alignment of the date/day window...gen is positioned more centered within the subdial circle, and the reps is more to the left, and that may be because of chrono placement on the movement itself that requires that the position be a little offset to the left so that the day date align with the windows that correspond with them...

finally, i hope that a high quality bracelet will be released very soon for this model. ive seen some stunning photos of red12's handmade leather bands on this watch and all i can say is sign me up for one of those bands!

i think that this like the pams would be an excellent watch to wear with many different types of bands and bracelets, giving it a unique to the owner appearance that we all love and enjoy about our own Armbanduhr :)