When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Super rep

blade007

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nautilus and Aquanaut are great watches but sadly at my age I would not be able to pull them off, secondly my work doesnt require me to wear a suit/shirt attire. Its more of a casual affair, so I was looking for something a little less formal.

Id say these two watches are definetly the most casual/sporty of the patek line. Compared to all the other models these are the ones that work with jeans and a t-shirt.

Pictures don't do the MBK Nautilus justice; you really do have to see it in the flesh to appreciate its' beauty.

The quality easily tops other reps and EVEN super-reps, for that matter.

It is beautifully constructed and finished; uses a proper gasket to ensure water-resistance.

The crystal sits (near) perfectly on the face; there are no cooked lines, and though at some angles it may appear that it sits flush with the "bezel", it sits slightly higher.

Where the watch truly stands out is in the sunlight. It's a treat for the aqua-faced owners and pronounces the ridges of the dial. The brilliant brush finish is accentuated by the lack of reflecting sunlight except only on the polished surface(s).

It is very understated and in unknown to most others. Does it go with suit or sport? Anything!

IMO, aside from the dial font (which, BTW, looks more like the older 3700), you are missing out on what a super rep should be. And it is DEFINITELY worth every penny of what the current price is.

There is a current thread concerning The Zigmeister's feelings on the current generation of crappy eta's.

I too have my PP Nautilus at The Zigmeisters. I am unhappy to hear that what for me is an iconic rep has crap for insides. One would normally hope for better from MBK quality reps.

Same thing here with my nautilus MBK... it has a 8h power reserve :(

edit: still a terrific rep though, my daily beater, I love it.

FastTap...

When I read this I was like "oh.. my God... we've been duped! bamboozled! screwed royal!"

My Nautilus, you wouldn't believe it, also has an 8 hour power reserve... meaning that it must therefore use some garbage miscellaneous Asian movement.

I am shocked. I just thought that I didn't wear mine enough (but red flags were going up now that I have a BCE ultimate, it is running constantly for about a week and my activity is pretty much at the couch potato level.) but this CONFIRMS the fact that something is TERRIBLY TERRIBLY WRONG WITH THE RECENTLY RELEASED MBK NAUTILUS WATCH.

Are there any more people here who have the same problem?

FastTap...

When I read this I was like "oh.. my God... we've been duped! bamboozled! screwed royal!"

My Nautilus, you wouldn't believe it, also has an 8 hour power reserve... meaning that it must therefore use some garbage miscellaneous Asian movement.

I am shocked. I just thought that I didn't wear mine enough (but red flags were going up now that I have a BCE ultimate, it is running constantly for about a week and my activity is pretty much at the couch potato level.) but this CONFIRMS the fact that something is TERRIBLY TERRIBLY WRONG WITH THE RECENTLY RELEASED MBK NAUTILUS WATCH.

Are there any more people here who have the same problem?

I'm quite sure I've got a very crappy old ETA in it. Sooner or later, I'll send it to The Zigmeister to either swap it or have it restored.

It's pretty anoying for a 500$ watch though, if I oversleep, I found a stopped watch when I wake up... :(

I'm quite sure I've got a very crappy old ETA in it. Sooner or later, I'll send it to The Zigmeister to either swap it or have it restored.

It's pretty anoying for a 500$ watch though, if I oversleep, I found a stopped watch when I wake up... :(

[censored] it all to hell its the last MBK i buy... mark my words.....

christ