When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Simona straps

Victoria

I got three Simona straps in the post during my holiday, and I'm currently wearing her Vintage tan. The smell is amazing.

I've heard from other renowned members that her stitchwork is sub-par, her holes are crooked, etc. but I do have to tell you -- I'm getting very sweet on her straps. The Anticata is a masterpiece.

What is your opinion of them?

(Someone had a .sig here in praise of Simona's straps, but I forget who)

ADDED: This I believe is fellow member, Q's shot of his Vintage Tan on a gen 005. I'll remove it if the member disapproves. :)

Pams_SimonaMP2_Tan_Shots_New010.jpg

I love them, but at 120 euros + 20 euros shipping, thats $224 USD. OUCH :wacko:

Here's another wrinkle.

It didn't happen to me (yet), but I heard of one case where FedEx issued you a tax statement, AFTER delivering her strap to you. So you could be down another $30-$60 for VAT, or whatever.

This is why, my dear Mj, I buy her straps second-hand, albeit at 99%-100% condition. I've only twice bought from her directly, and then only during her sales in the Risti Acc. Corner ($160 shipped). Unfortunately, these are very rare.

Here's another wrinkle.

It didn't happen to me (yet), but I heard of one case where FedEx issued you a tax statement, AFTER deliverying her strap to you. So you could be down another $30-$60 for VAT, or whatever.

This is why, my dear Mj, I buy her straps second-hand, albeit at 99%-100% condition. I've only twice bought from her directly, and then only during her sales in the Risti Acc. Corner ($160 shipped). Unfortunately, these are very rare.

$160 huh?? I'd probably pay that. Very nice.

Welcome back Vic.. ;)

I received last week a Limited Edition Simona Ammo strap and LOVE IT. Amazing smell and GREAT vintage mustardy colour and style... VERY expensive (145 euros) but well worth it.

I opened the holes myself and put a Wojtecki sub buckle to it.. Extremely soft and 5mm thick.

Holes on Simona's straps are a big negative.. Most of the time the holes are crooked and look bad in otherwise nice leather straps.

Sometimes the stitching is not so good as well... as Savage said because she doesn't of course made the straps herself and her sewing machine operator is a bit sloppy ;)

Here are some quick wristshots of the strap (proper post when I will have more time :) )

dsc01153er0.jpg

dsc01154kj5.jpg

dsc01155we1.jpg

dsc01153er0.jpg

dsc01154kj5.jpg

dsc01155we1.jpg

GORGEOUS! Congrats, V. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Perhaps not for me, since I don't do Ammo straps, but I am in love with this leather. Was it Savage who said her hides are good? They surely are, and moreover, she has a very good selection of them, perhaps the best of the Big Three of of Italian Panerai strapmakers (Paci, MF, and herself).

@Slai: One of the few straps I long for, but cannot afford, is her T-Rex.

Hey Victoria,

I think that was me you were referring to about having a Simona sig.

I have 3 of her straps and had a 4th but sold it. Currently I have a Simona vintage brown, vintage green, and vintage bordeaux. I absolutely love them...and beside my Simonas, the only other pam strap I own is a MP XI Tan Ambra. But Simona is my strap, without a doubt. I haven't had any issues with the stitching or crooked holes...all of mine have been perfect. Also, second hand is the only way to go. I paid about $120 each for both the vintage bordeaux and green and $150 for the vintage brown...all were essentially brand new though. Look on p*neristi, they pop up there all of the time.

If you're looking for that final touch to take your pam to the top of the game, throw a Simona on it. You'll love it.

Hey Victoria,

I think that was me you were referring to about having a Simona sig.

Was that you?! Lindsay Lohan's knockers must've distracted me.

I have 3 of her straps and had a 4th but sold it. Currently I have a Simona vintage brown, vintage green, and vintage bordeaux.

Ooh, ooh. What is your specific opinion of the vintage green? I am curious, since I often see it on the Risti Acc. Corner.

I absolutely love them...and beside my Simonas, the only other pam strap I own is a MP XI Tan Ambra. But Simona is my strap, without a doubt. I haven't had any issues with the stitching or crooked holes...all of mine have been perfect.

Yeah, me too. I must've lucked out because all her straps, used and directly from her, are flawless to my eyes.

I HAVE seen what others are saying though, so I know that exists.

If you're looking for that final touch to take your pam to the top of the game, throw a Simona on it. You'll love it.

I totally agree. Any one of her straps takes a rep PAM to the next level.

Like the vintage brown, the vintage green is so soft it's almost startling. They are super pliable from the get go...sort of hard to explain. Imagine a strap that you've had for a long time and it is really broken in and soft...well that's how the vintage green and vintage brown are right out of the box.

The vintage bordeaux, though absolutely stunning visually, is the stiffest of the Simonas...but with wear, it's breaking in rather nicely. The vintage tan is somewhere in the middle. The v. tan is the one I sold because it was too short...though I might pick one up for my newly acquired 188 as I bet it will look stellar. Another thing I love about them is that they come in 150/90, which all of my Simonas are.

The smell of Simona's straps is absolutely intoxicating though. I've never smell my straps as much as I do now...I'm sure I look like a creep but they smell so good. :)

Like the vintage brown, the vintage green is so soft it's almost startling. They are super pliable from the get go...sort of hard to explain. Imagine a strap that you've had for a long time and it is really broken in and soft...well that's how the vintage green and vintage brown are right out of the box.

I'm a sucker for super soft straps, and that's why I don't mind the thin MF straps. THANKS BRUCE!

I have the plain Bordeau (not Vintage Bordeau, unless it's the same) and I know what you mean. It's not stiff, so much as tough leather. Glossier than the others, at least mine is. Gorgeous colour though.

The smell of Simona's straps is absolutely intoxicating though. I've never smell my straps as much as I do now...I'm sure I look like a creep but they smell so good. :)

I am right there with you. Sometimes when I'm typing a post, I stop, smell my wrist, and hope no one saw me. :whistling: