When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Official RWG Weekend Wrist Check

By-Tor

Okay, NOW the weekend is really here. Let's see 'em!

I'm enjoying my "rep grail", the correct hand stack GMT, with upgraded smaller crown... that really "finishes" this watch nicely. Sorry to brag guys, but after all the mods performed this is SOOOO nice and SOOOO damn accurate, hard to take off. :D

Once again thanks to Eurotimez for finding this gem for me!!!

Let's see what you got!

IMG_8668.jpg

99s.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm enjoying my "rep grail", the correct hand stack GMT, with upgraded smaller crown... that really "finishes" this watch nicely. Sorry to brag guys, but after all the mods performed this is SOOOO nice and SOOOO damn accurate, hard to take off. :D

Once again thanks to Eurotimez for finding this gem for me!!!

IMG_8668.jpg

By-Tor -- Thanks to your always brilliant pictures, I think I may actually be warming to the GMT-Master, which I have never liked before. I wonder if the correct hand stack movement is available for the original GMT-Master (with non-metalized index markers & matte dial) in a case that accepts gen parts (crystal, crown/tube)?

gmt-master.jpg

Anyone?

Oh, & I am wearing this

books20011.jpg

while working on this

ziggifieddial0041.jpg

c1570a.jpg

Thanks Freddy!

The old GMT (the one in your picture) uses "wrong hand stack" (hour hand above the 24h hand), and it doesn't even have independently adjustable GMT/hour hands. The rotating bezel is used to track different timezones.

Technically that would be very easy to replicate, but for some strange reason there are no good reps of the vintage Master.

The 16710 (that I have) has different hand stack and independently adjustable hour hand. Mine even operates exactly like the genuine, except the date change is tied to the 24h hand, which is inaccurate. The 16710 and 1675 are completely different watches technically.

16710 is the only GMT rep that can be modified very close to the original (if you find the movement somewhere). I think it's very nice with the wrong hand stack too... but for some people that's a "major issue". I'd love to see a good rep of the vintage too... but I doubt we'll ever see one.

Finally we will have a big party because the little boy next to me on the Avatar turned 6 2 weeks ago.

So i have to be carefull what i wear with all those kids running around the house.

I think i'll take the risk

IMG_1389.jpg

Could be one of the last days for this beauty before it will leave for a new home.

Capre Diem

Cats

Had a couple packages waiting for me at work yesterday. I already have a white EXP II but finally got a black one. Wore it today:

jgsk8i.jpg

Anybody know what's special about it?

v79las.jpg

For tonight I'm trying this one out. It's a beast of a watch. And I thought my Fiddy's were big:

160c2mb.jpg

n1zf6c.jpg