When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Small review of my Breguet Tourbillon

Pix

That would make sense, as this movement is/has been used in many reps due to its low cost.

Actually if you ignore the bird shape + diamond they look close.

I have doubts now, I'm not skilled enough to confirm anything more at this stage.

Mine and Homer's Tourbillon are obviously the same, so if he's confirming it's a 5010, I tend to trust this more than my own investigations.

I'd surely be interested to correct my review with the correct information.

Pix,

On another forum a member chimed in stating that the photo of the second movement above is made by Liaoning. It took awhile to find their website as they go by another name "Innovative Watches" on the web. Here is a a link to their page on the line of Tourbillon movements they manufacture. There may be other pages but the site is in Chinese....

http://www.lnwatch.com/product.asp?classID...ction=showCLASS

The photo below comes from the website listed above. It is one of many they show. This one is identified as a 5011-12 Series watch produced by Liaoning Watch aka Innovative Watch:

200699165931379.jpg

Based on what I have been able to find so far they do not deal direct, Liaoning sells watches to large distribution companies like MillionSmart. They have quite a selection on their web site.

In the course of trying to locate Liaonings web site this page popped up. It is from a french site that lists a great number of chinese manufacturer web sites plus other useful information.

http://forumamontres.forumactif.com/les-li...ssite-t7137.htm

Best regards, Lou.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Great watches. I've decided to add a Homer unbranded tiurby to the box one day. I think I'v decided on one like Vric's. The rose gold and blk looks great.

If I could afford to I'd prob buy a white one as well for day wear.

I concur unbranded is the way to go. For those who want to see what's available go to millionsmarts website. There's dozens of them. Homer should be able to get the one you want. If not I may know someone who can.

Homer has parts, service and repairs for these jiggers as well so you'r not out in the cold if somthing goes wrong or a service is required. A watch smith used to tourbys should be happy to work on these, it ain't even a rep so you may find someone local and just require parts.

I want one of these fellas real bad.

Col.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

the watch runs great and accurately.

The gold plating is fine so far, but I must confess I don't wear it so often.

The only problem I have is that the plating on the crown has started to vanish (it's a manual winding). I wonder if there was not something lacking from the beginning (as it's discrete and I started focusing on this problem when I discovered it...with a loupe).

In the meantime I would rather advise to go for a stainless steel case.

I've been looking for a replacement crown : impossible.

I've contacted 2 companies doing replating : one did not answer and one seems not to be interested. They have a minimum fix price of 45 GBP, not counting the transportation.

Thanks for that. I feared as much, finding manual winding and plate a difficult combination.

But your point about re-plating is interestig.

If there are any good plating service out there, it should be on the pinned thread. (perhaps there already is one, but I have not found it....)

It is a real shame when a nice watch becomes unwearable and cannot be fixed.