When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Genuine Chanel J12 Vs The Ultimate Ceramic J12 Replica

cwai02

My gen comes with a rubber bracelet instead of a ceramic bracelet. Price is cheaper for the rubber bracelet version.

The rep version was from King. It came with presentation box, manual and blank warranty card.

Anyway, here's the picture:

Front:

74960-31733.jpg

Ceramic case - The feel of the ceramic case is exactly the same on both rep and gen.

Bezel - The rep has a wrong size, wrong teeth, and wrong font bezel.

Dial - Very accurate, except the "J12" seems to be a little bigger on the gen.

Hands - The second hand is fatter on the rep.

Movement - Both are Quartz movement. Great for ladies.

Rear:

74960-31734.jpg

Clasp:

74960-31735.jpg

Accessories:

The box is very accurate. The leather on the genuine box is softer. The manual and warranty card are pretty much the same for both rep and gen. The printing quality is better on the gen though.

The rep version has a butterfly clasp, same as gen. The engraving was off. The rep clasp doesn't lock as tight as a gen.

The rep is quite expensive, ~ $3xx for a quartz movement, but the rep is very accurate imo.

This watch is hot. I saw at least 10+ of J12 on the street.

There aren't a lot of choices for the ladies. If your wife/gf doesn't like the rolex nor the bling-bling diamond PP24, consider to get her a J12. Low profile, but very fashionable.

Quartz movement from a perfume manufacturer....what next ...a flying tourbillon from L'Air du Temps...or AVON..........?

Edited by TTK

Agree// The replica looks MUCH nicer to me as well.

My question is... How durable is the ceramic case, and how prone to scratching/chipping/etc. is it over time? My wife is not gentle with her watches; if I were to get her a J12, those would be my main concerns...

A gen is basically scratchproof. I've got a 41mm chrono in white and it feels much more solid compared to a rep I used to have. There's another flaw in the reps, on the underside of the bracelet. It has screws holding it together, where the gen does not.

Someone on another forum I frequent has just paid £1650 (that's including discount) for a white J12.

It's quite obscene really.

sounds familiar, you into over'clock'ing by any chance?

$900.......they must have had BIG glass doors in that outlet......!

Now don't be like that Neil, although I can see where you're coming from :lol:

I actually like the looks of the J12, unfortunately though my wife doesn't :wounded1:

What I do like about the J12 though is that unlike a number of other perfume and clothing houses, when they decided to put out their own watch they at least had the decency to show enough innovation in bringing out something of their own design.

Ken

Not to hijack the the thread or anything... Here's my wife's QUARTZ Dior Riva Chrono... Very good quality and the diamonds are top quality.

BUT... she paid about $AU3000 for it breaking in her credit card one day :bangin:

75393-31650.jpg

• 2 months later...