When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul's Po V. Gen

leitztozeiss

My friend (the lucky bastard) just picked up a genuine black PO on TZ. So, I'm buying his Paul PO that he just got in the mail over the weekend. I asked him to take some comparison shots. He did a great job. Here are the pics. If you've been following the string of PO threads, you should be able to pick out which is which.

75735-31584.jpg

75735-31585.jpg

75735-31586.jpg

Great post! Wonderful shots! :3a:

Jon

Thanks for the compliment on the shots.

A couple things I noticed, only after looking at the shots and sending them to leitztozeiss-- the pearl on the gen. is actually concave, and the tube/stem assembly on the gen. is very different-- the threads are far more recessed.

There's absolutely no doubt about it: 4th gen PO is one of the best reps ever made. The pearl is the only really _noticeable_ difference, and the big shots greatly exaggerate it.

Great post,

my Black PO from Paul is arrived today..... :D

Great watch for the money,damm close to Gen...

Mine has a better pearl and this blue AR-Coating......

75804-31582.jpg

I wanted to make a review odf this nice PO.

But i Have seen there is a great review online....

RG Tribal

Wow $98.00 for the clasp isnt bad at all, either is $46 for the gen hands. I dont think the insert will plug in, someone posted before on the measurements but since you have access to a gen why dont you whip out the micrometer and check the inside and outside measuments. If its only a slight differance maybe it can be ground down to fit.

Joe's done alot of work on his po, maybe he'll know if the dial and insert would fit or what it would take (but i think hes on vaca). If they all fit you would have one hell of a fraken for under 1k.

Also is the case differance as noticable when holding the two as in the pictures (second side by side set I noticed). The rep looks like a fat older brother to the gen, just look at the crown side, the case should stop at the bezel but on the rep the case is cut in to fit the screw down crown. I think the rep needs to go on a diet, stop feeding it pizza leitz.

I think I'll do the following:

- oem hands

- oem clasp (hopefully for better function)

- RBJ mods: logo reposition, relume, hand install

I actually don't care too much to worry about AR on the crystal - not worth my time in making that happen. Then, I'll be good to go on the PO. Too many half started projects already!!

I think I'll do the following:

- oem hands

- oem clasp (hopefully for better function)

- RBJ mods: logo reposition, relume, hand install

I actually don't care too much to worry about AR on the crystal - not worth my time in making that happen. Then, I'll be good to go on the PO. Too many half started projects already!!

You can improve the clasp on the rep by prying apart the two bars for the divers extension with a small screw driver. on the extension there is a slit looks like ==0 connecting the clasp to the bracelet, that is where you adjust.

My friend (the lucky bastard) just picked up a genuine black PO on TZ. So, I'm buying his Paul PO that he just got in the mail over the weekend. I asked him to take some comparison shots. He did a great job. Here are the pics. If you've been following the string of PO threads, you should be able to pick out which is which.

75913-31550.jpg

75913-31551.jpg

75913-31552.jpg

Those pics are superb! I love it when the picture taker sets the time on each watch accordingly, makes for a better comparison. That is a very nice rep that Paul has to offer...there's no doubt about it! I am really shocked the genuine PO has that kind of pearl! One would think that the rep has that pearl and real deal has the rep pearl. The PO is the first watch in quite sometime that has really got me so close to pulling the trigger on a genuine it's scary. It takes every ounce of energy out of me daily as I walk past the window displays going to and from work in NYC. I stop into at least one store a day which is asking for trouble. I have now told myself that I will hold off until I see the PO Chronograph on display, then I will take the plunge into the pool of debt I am nearly drowning in as I type.

Enjoy that watch...she's a beauty!

Edited by Fuzzy

when is the new chrono PO coming out? once that comes out, i am getting the gen for sure. that is my fav watch as of right now...

My watch guy (actually watch girl) told me that the PO chrono will make its debut in august or early september. I had to give her the numbers off of the omega website cause it is not even in their catalogue yet. She said it would cost 5480.00 US but damn it looks beautiful. just go omegas website and drool.

Dustin

I think Paul PO is basically the best bargin out there right now. I got the upcoming new version that should hit the AD soon

76045-31519.jpg

Oh man Mario...I almost got this one myself...hot!!!!!!!