When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Link Ayrton Senna Anyone?

Guest Sql_pl

November 25, 2004

Tag Heuer introduces Ayrton Senna Limited Edition 2004 watch

Ten years after the untimely loss of Formula One racing driver, Ayrton Senna, TAG Heuer is introducing a commemorative timepiece: the Link Automatic Chronograph: Ayrton Senna Limited Edition 2004.

Tag Heuer Ayrton Senna Limited Edition 2004 watch

Click image to enlarge

As a tribute to Senna's speed, the polished fixed bezel features a tachometer scale. Senna's helmet colours - the colours of the Brazilian flag - adorn the dial (the dial's face is blue, the 9 o'clock counter has a green hand, the Ayrton Senna autograph appears in yellow at 4 o'clock) and the tachometer scale calibrations on the bezel are in black. Senna's logo, Senna's coloured helmet, the words "LIMITED EDITION" and the limited edition number are engraved on the customized case back.

Royalty revenues from the Link Senna 2004 will be invested in social projects organized by the Ayrton Senna Foundation for Brazilian underprivileged children.

The Ayrton Senna watch will be available in December at a retail price of $4300.

Bought mine from Josh. It is just about perfect EXCEPT for the date window issue. I have to manually center the date each day, but it is not something that anyone (except the wearer) would notice. I went to an AD to look at an Aquaracer and the sales person marveled at my Link Rep. I HIGHLY recommend this watch....

does this watch have the issue of chrono's not resetting perfectly?

No particular issues with the movement as fitted to these reps (beyond what has already been said about the latest Asia 7750 clone movement). Mine resets perfectly every time, even when it wasn't running 100% due to a gravity compensation spring breaking (which was replaced by my favourite watchmaker!!)

I'll say it again like I was first to say it in here - this is up there with the 2892 Omega Seamasters and the MBW vintage Subs - accuracy and dimensions are 100% to the extent genuine parts will fit with no modification! The only flaws are a datewheel that looks trange not because there is a problem with the movement but because it has been printed off centre, as confirmed by my watchmaker (hey Mark/Finepic - fancy making a batch of these up??!!! :D ), and the model number on the caseback is one digit out (actually the model number of the brushed bezel version).

Expect to pay circa $250. One dealer (who shall remain nameless) was selling for under $200 but there was a crucial difference in their model - it had a thinner case and used a brass movement spacer, whereas with the gen and best reps the movement fits the case with no spacer.

November 25, 2004

. Senna's logo, Senna's coloured helmet, the words "LIMITED EDITION" and the limited edition number are engraved on the customized case back.

Thanks ahchard.

Well I was starting to warm to the Senna.

Cool limited edition watch that I could take off at an AD,place on the jewlers matt , and try on other watches without worrying that the salesperson would pick up and identify as a Rep.

Back to square one I guess. :whistling:

I am wearing the new TAG Link Chrono - Black dial brushed SS Bezel

The Link case and bracelets are the same in both models. Dial and polished bezel being the only difference.

In my opinion these TAG Links are top of the line right now, especially for the cost. Certainly rivaling the quality of the Omega's and many PAM's.

I highly recommend these watches.