When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Meeting the President of Breitling this evening.

millwright

So you know you buy entirely too many GEN Breitlings when you get an invite to have cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and dinner with the president of Breitling USA. They'll be unveiling the new pieces from Baselworld '08 here.

It's limited to 100 people, so I should be able to snap quite a few pictures if they'll let me!

I'm wearing my GEN 6.75 for this occasion. I contemplated wearing my HBB (b/c it's so damn good)

If I can snag some Breitling swag, I'll auction it off and donate the proceeds to the board!

Cheers!

I'm jealous, I love going to these types of things.

When you try on the BCE, rememeber not ask if it's the ultimate version.

Not even for 100 gens??? YEAH RIGHT!!! Id rat this place out in half a heart beat for 100 gens!

AND SO WOULD YOU!

As an Admin team member I am stunned at this remark! :o

I would do it for 50. :lol:

@mill wear a Breit it may be the difference between getting an invite to the next do or not.

Ken

Sorry for the late update guys.

We had a BLAST!

Ended up buying a Cockpit for my lady. (no jokes, please)

They had every single Breitling available for purchase out so that you could admire them, handle them and try them on! Just walk over, pick it up and put it on.

Outside of the dining area, on the boulevard, they had three different models of the new Bentley's. (the CARS)

I was admiring the new-for-08 dial Super Avenger when a thin fellow came over and grabbed my wrist. I ended up wearing my Panerai 111H. We engaged in conversation for a few minutes before he introduced himself as the PRESIDENT of Breitling. The most interesting part of the conversation? He was recently hired as the president for Breitling, but he USED to be the president of PANERAI! He commended me on my watch choice and then jokingly pointed at this wrist, saying that he was wearing a boy's sized watch now. Apparently when he got the job he was sent down to the vault to pick out whatever he wanted. He chose a black dial Navitimer with arabic numerals and a black w/white stitch strap.

We had a few beers then some cocktails and snagged the food as it was strolled by on various trays.

Suprisingly enough, there were quite a few Rolex's, a lot of IWC's and only a few Breitling's on the wrists. Most of the people there were not collectors. They just had a LOT of money. I saw two AP ROO's and quite a few ladies wearing Cartier's. My Panerai was sort of snubbed until the guests saw the president trying my 111H on for memories. He even commented on my TWB strap, saying that it was nicer than the Panerai straps!

It was a great night. I got the President's card and email. He's going to be in town until this Sunday, so we're going to head out for dinner tonight and talk timepieces. He's a charming guy and much more engaging than most President's of companies that I've met before. He joked that he needed to get back into the gym and asked me how often I trained. A really fun guy.

Now for the pictures!

The Cockpit I bought my better half:

IMG_1183.jpg

And now the watches! :

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

The new Super Avenger dial. I'm getting one of these! :

IMG_1195.jpg

One of the Bentley's outside. Sorry for the poor picture.

IMG_1203-1.jpg

Myself and the President of Breitling, Mr. Philippe Bonay.

Edited by millwright