When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Great condition Gen AP ROO dial on the bay.

It really is too bad. With the base movement and chrono module slapped on top verus our current bastardized 7750's you do end up with pushers and crown in the wrong place on the case and sub-dials being off so it is truly unusable. The question is do you bet that the eventual seconds at 12 version uses a similar base movement module layout. I wouldn't. ;)

....so, and what will we do with it?.......NOTHING untill you also find a fitting movement, hands-set and drill the MBW-case....so there is tooooo much work and it will never end....some people tried this before.

Theo

For your information MBW has build a handfull of seconds at 12 AP ROO, based on ETA 2892-A2 movements with the dupraz module and Gen dials and hands. So IT IS POSSIBLE, just becuase you and the maltitude lack the resources and are not willing to make an effort to make a seconds at 12 franken possible, does not make it impossible.

There are members that have initiated a franken AP ROO seconds at 12 project, this post was meant the few attempting the project.

For your information MBW has build a handfull of seconds at 12 AP ROO, based on ETA 2892-A2 movements with the dupraz module and Gen dials and hands. So IT IS POSSIBLE, just becuase you and the maltitude lack the resources and are not willing to make an effort to make a seconds at 12 franken possible, does not make it impossible.

There are members that have initiated a franken AP ROO seconds at 12 project, this post was meant the few attempting the project.

I did not say with any word that it will be impossible...I know it is possible and I know a member with the MBW-special-ROO (guess what, he has got really great issues with the beast and wishes he never bought it).

All I was trying to say is....when I start a Franken-ROO project I have to be sure to know what will have to be done...only a few people know what it really needs:

1) the gen dial needs

2) the gen hands-set and

3) a gen movement (with modul for the chrono)...not really AP but as you stated before it is an ETA...

4) if you have this, you need to get an unfinished rep-ROO case...get some new chrono holes and stem-hole drilled (the stem must be below the chrono-holes)

5) find or build a movement spacer ring that fits both movement and the case...ohoh I forgot the datewheel....an AP datewheel looks different to most of the datewheels from the Movement-Mother-Watch :D

Well...and after all this search, effort, sweat and tears (and $) you will end up with a Franken-watch that is highly unreliable...did you know the reason why AP developped a new chrono movement they are using now?....the former modul-chronos jumped when get started and they did not reset back to zero everytime.

Don

Those MBW's were 2500 Euros (closer to $4,000) and not a happy ending. I was interested in them until I heard the price and also walked into the AP store to ask a few questions about their Offshore. Guess what, when they have issues with their movement (apparently the chrono module is the biggest issue) they don't bother repairing. They throw out the original module and simply put in a new one. Seriously, that is what the head sales person told me. And he was telling me this to impress me as to how good their service is. All it told me is that it is impossible to fix.

And these are the same dickheads that when I brought in a gen AP for repair (because I had gotten water in it) informed me that it must be my fault as I must have left the crown open. The funny thing about that is that the time stopped exactly when I went swimming and an AP stops running when you pull out the crown. So unless I purposely undid the crown at the exact time I jumped in the pool... Needless to say, I have not bought another AP from an authorized dealer ever again. And the low low price of my replacement movement - $2,500.

Back to the topic at hand - unfortunately this dial will only help the six folks (they made six - don't know if they all sold) who want a spare dial. At some point I did investigate doing it right using the movement from a donor watch with the right movement/module combo and could never get access to undrilled cases to mount it up.