When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Bentley Gt Review

mraceman

I just received my Breitling Bentley GT from Joshua and wanted to jot down my first impressions. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow and post them.

Beautiful watch. Nice, heavy chuck of metal. I compared it on Breitling's site to the gen and I must say, I was only able to spot 2 or 3 VERY insignificant differences (besides the Swilzerland on the caseback). I probably couldn't even remember what they are without looking at the pictures. I think one was something about marker to the right of the day/date window not being as bold as the gen. Like I said... VERY insignificant.

The sweep is very smooth and the chrono resets perfectly to 12. The rotor is a little noisy, but I had read that before and it's not a big deal to me.

The braclet is, in a word, mind boggling. I had to take out one link and it felt like a Mensa test putting that jigsaw puzzle back together. Not for the feint of heart, but I would imagine it's just like the gen. Very sturdy. The clasp is a little tight when you try to close it on the wrist. I might need to work on it to loosen it up.

My ONLY complaint is the dial color. I ordered it in blue and Joshua told me that it was a VERY dark blue... his exact words were "The blue dial is very dark.. It is almost like the black dial...Only showing a feint tint of blue.. "

I should have listened to him, but I based my decision off of the pictures here http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=1357

To be completely honest, the blue in those pictures isn't a very accurate depiction on the dial color. Like Joshua told me, it's a VERY feint blue... might as well be black. While it's beautiful in blue/black, I probably would have gone with the burgandy or silver/white if I had known it was going to be as dark as it is, simply because I have enough black faced watches as is. Just to clear this up, it's my fault and not Joshua's. He told me it was dark. Overall, another flawless transaction from Joshua. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

That said, if anyone in the US bought a burgandy or silver/white GT and is wishing they would have bought the black or blue (blackish blue), send me a PM. I'd be more than happy to trade. Pending references of course :)

Again, I'll try to get some pics up in the next day or two.

I just received my Breitling Bentley GT from Joshua and wanted to jot down my first impressions. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow and post them.

Beautiful watch. Nice, heavy chuck of metal. I compared it on Breitling's site to the gen and I must say, I was only able to spot 2 or 3 VERY insignificant differences (besides the Swilzerland on the caseback). I probably couldn't even remember what they are without looking at the pictures. I think one was something about marker to the right of the day/date window not being as bold as the gen. Like I said... VERY insignificant.

The sweep is very smooth and the chrono resets perfectly to 12. The rotor is a little noisy, but I had read that before and it's not a big deal to me.

The braclet is, in a word, mind boggling. I had to take out one link and it felt like a Mensa test putting that jigsaw puzzle back together. Not for the feint of heart, but I would imagine it's just like the gen. Very sturdy. The clasp is a little tight when you try to close it on the wrist. I might need to work on it to loosen it up.

My ONLY complaint is the dial color. I ordered it in blue and Joshua told me that it was a VERY dark blue... his exact words were "The blue dial is very dark.. It is almost like the black dial...Only showing a feint tint of blue.. "

I should have listened to him, but I based my decision off of the pictures here http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=1357

To be completely honest, the blue in those pictures isn't a very accurate depiction on the dial color. Like Joshua told me, it's a VERY feint blue... might as well be black. While it's beautiful in blue/black, I probably would have gone with the burgandy or silver/white if I had known it was going to be as dark as it is, simply because I have enough black faced watches as is. Just to clear this up, it's my fault and not Joshua's. He told me it was dark. Overall, another flawless transaction from Joshua. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

That said, if anyone in the US bought a burgandy or silver/white GT and is wishing they would have bought the black or blue (blackish blue), send me a PM. I'd be more than happy to trade. Pending references of course :)

Again, I'll try to get some pics up in the next day or two.

Thank you soooo much. I was getting ready to order the blue. My question is is the blue true to the genuine ie: is the genuine an almost black dark blue? If this is the case, I might get it anyway.

A photo essay comparison earlier pointed out that the tire spoke wheel bezel was not as wide as the genuine and that this is also reflected in the thickness of the white zone in the inner bezel. Any truth to that in your direct observations?

I know this is a weird question but, do the lugs curve down smartly as in the genuine?

The reason I ask is because I tried one on at an AD this week and I could not believe how well the 44.8 mm case fit my skinny wrist, all because the lugs curve down sharply.

I really didn't think I could wear one.

Thanks!