When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your opinion needed on DSN PAM177 Crown

TheLightRoom

Hi All,

I commissioned David for a 177 a while back and he's got the movements in - and sent me pics. However the crown was too far out on the first one and I asked him to make it more flush:

PAM177-a-front.JPG

PAM177-a-back.JPG

So he found another that he had and sent pics. Is this still too far out? Your thoughts? Just want to be sure before he sends it

PAM177-b-front.jpg

PAM177-b-back.jpg

Ta..

Edited by TheLightRoom

Thanks SSS! I do have pics of a gen I lost out on getting :( (I took too long deliberating) - however none of that section of the gen. It's close... just the DSN has the o-ring visible. Both Gen and Rep display the stem slightly... Thanks!

You are concentrating on the distance between the case and crown and seem to be ignoring the position of the crown in the case which is a far more fundamental problem. Look at the rear view of your last post - the crown barely comes out of the bottom of the CG at all. For the G series onwards it should show almost equal portions above and below the CG.

Do yourself a favour and give DSN a wide berth. Check out the posts on the subject of his QC (none) and accuracy (far worse than regular reps).

FYI.

I took one for the team and purchased a DSN 240 that I"ll be doing a review on..hopefully today.

Two things to note:

1. The watch he sent me photos of was not the watch I received.

2. There was no gasket in the crown. When I asked about that this was his response:

I have Gasket alreay in the crown tube.And this watch been tested with 3ATM WR ok.

I have to remove the gasket in crown so that the crown sit closer to the case.

My crown isn't being pressed down by the lever at all. The lever is not centered in the CG. IF he sends me a new CG that might help but otherwise I will have to modifiy the CG to get it to put pressure on the crown and add a washer.

More to come later.

FYI.

I took one for the team and purchased a DSN 240 that I"ll be doing a review on..hopefully today.

Two things to note:

1. The watch he sent me photos of was not the watch I received.

2. There was no gasket in the crown. When I asked about that this was his response:

My crown isn't being pressed down by the lever at all. The lever is not centered in the CG. IF he sends me a new CG that might help but otherwise I will have to modifiy the CG to get it to put pressure on the crown and add a washer.

More to come later.

How much more of this are you folks willing to take...???

Spending @ double what you need to, hopefully to get close to perfection, then getting sloppily assembled JUNK instead..??...Give me a break!! :o :o :o

Spending @ double what you need to, hopefully to get close to perfection, then getting sloppily assembled JUNK instead..??...Give me a break!! :o :o :o

I was willing to do it on his auto PAM 240 as he is the only one selling them. What's even more interesting is the fact that since typing my post above, the watch has stopped wroking. Movement is now dead. I will be doing a candid review of the product and I have contacted Davidsen about the issue in hopes that he will rectify them.

He has already offered to send some crown gaskets but I am going to request that he send an entire watch that I can then make sure works properly.

Regarding the lever Peepshow, I am referring to the location of the "pin" that holds the lever in place. It is slightly too high on the crownguard and thus won't properly lock the crown.

I was willing to do it on his auto PAM 240 as he is the only one selling them. What's even more interesting is the fact that since typing my post above, the watch has stopped wroking. Movement is now dead. I will be doing a candid review of the product and I have contacted Davidsen about the issue in hopes that he will rectify them.

He has already offered to send some crown gaskets but I am going to request that he send an entire watch that I can then make sure works properly.

Regarding the lever Peepshow, I am referring to the location of the "pin" that holds the lever in place. It is slightly too high on the crownguard and thus won't properly lock the crown.

Ah, I see what you're saying, now. That is likely a case of the winding stem being cut too short. Lightly sanding down the "feet" of the CG would likely fix this issue, were you so inclined...

Exactly. Listen up everyone!!! DSN builds only crap. His build quality is absolutely dire and his components are less accurate than mainstream reps. Even if his QC was 100% you will still get a less accurate watch than from most other sources.

The only thing that matches the quality of his product is his manners.