When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why no Sinn ?

asiparks

Sinn make some of the most functional tool watches around from the U divers series to the EZM's for the german military. If they're making decent reps of a lesser known, some might argue, lesser looking, brand like Graham, why not some Sinn ??!!

a couple of examples...

post-12933-1212616044_thumb.jpg

post-12933-1212616068_thumb.jpg

post-12933-1212616167_thumb.jpg

post-12933-1212616196_thumb.jpg

Agreed. Are you going to rep a $2,000 watch or a $4,000 watch and charge $500.

I love Sinn's designs. I think the above posters are right in that they're on the cusp of being cost effective to duplicate. But then we have replica Movados...

If there was sufficient interest I'm sure someone would make copies. Sufficient being enough to sell out the first round of production.

So what's the street price of a Tag Aquaracer these days, and how much is that rep ? At cost value relationship of $500 to $2000 i'd agree but where did you pull a figure like $500 from.... I'd buy a $278 version of a U1 in a heartbeat, not sure why you think it should cost nearly 2X more than an ultimate PO rep.

My PO chrono that has a decent functioning asian 7750 in it, very nicely finished case and strap cost $238. Again, I might be in the minority, but I'd pay up to $350 ish for a rep of the 757, based on that same movement. I honestly don't care about the end "gen>rep" price ratio, be it 50:1 or 5:1, I still find satisfaction in getting a good looking replica that boadens the range of watches I'm able to wear/collect. I could buy a $278 on a Rolex GMT, spend another $500 on tweaking it and still have something that a lot of people who see it will assume is a replica or just another Rolex, but I'd have something unusual, different and, in my eyes, rather handsome, that people will ask about... I've got an order going in for a Mille Miglia and a Breitling heritge soon, for those very reasons.

Edited by asiparks

I would kill for a good 103 rep. I mean, it had it ALL... countDOWN bezel, day AND date, 12 hour chrono, double AR crystal that was awesome, and just a wrist presence that got all kinds of compliments for me. It seemed that it was like almost all of the time someone would stop and ask me about it. I had ditched the bracelet in favor of just a plain ol' good bomber jacket brown leather that was appropriately scuffed and looked great. A lady asked if I had cut it out of one, and I just told her no... sorry I just never take it off. If I get a UPO the same is likely to occur, or I'm going to swap the bracelet for a beads of rice one. When I sold it, the guy that bought it asked me to take off the bands... he was kind of in awe... said "they look like they're custom molded just for you the way they fit you." I told him that never taking it off meant NEVER taking it off, so it'd been showered and swam with countless times for 4 years. I think I still have them in the closet somewhere, but I vaugely remember being drunk and being [censored] about having to sell it a few weeks after, and I saw them on the desk and I think I remember throwing them out. I haven't seen them since. So who knows. I kinda hate that because they were the best straps ever.

Anyways, my rep experience is limited so I have yet to see a watch with day/ date/ 12 hour chrono/ lumed arabic numbers. Someday .... someday I'll own the gen again.

The Sinn watch is cheap, and making rep watches in itself is a sin, so we would have sinn piled on sin with more sinners sinning like sins of beeches! :o

The Sinn watch is cheap, and making rep watches in itself is a sin, so we would have sinn piled on sin with more sinners sinning like sins of beeches! :o

I bought a Sinn U1 for 1200.00 just sold it for 1700.00. They are getting more popular every day and are sometimes sold out.

Sinn watches are fantastic but one of the big things I think that make them stand out from a lot of the others available is the technology behind them.

I've owned both the U1 and the U2 and there is something about the Uboat steel that you really can't get with simply bead blasting a case.

Tegimented parts have a certain look to them. While you could mimic the look of a Sinn, you would never be able to match the fit and finish of the Sinn.

Sinn is German engineering to the highest degree and was once very affordable. Unfortunately, with the state of the US dollar it has severely hampered the average consumer from being able to purchase them new at an affordable price as the pricing of one from the only US dealer is normally a couple hundred higher then what you could get the watch for in the EU.

Would I buy a rep of a Sinn? Nope. I'd just save up and get the real deal. It's well worth it in this case to save and get the real deal.