When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of the MBK ROLEX Submariner 16613

By-Tor

Another myth that dies hard. There are both polished and brushed bracelet sides on the modern 16613.

See this one for example:

http://tinyurl.com/6z9jhf

They appear to be polished in the closeup pics. I think the dullness comes from protective plastic on the bracelet. I have heard that this is true as well, but I have never seen one in real life that wasn't polished. Why would rolex polish some and not others? Since the model numbers aren't different how would they differentiate which one you get?

Edited by jfreeman420

Why would rolex polish some and not others? Since the model numbers aren't different how would they differentiate which one you get?

I don't know. Perhaps for the same reason they have 5 different dial variations of the Yacht-Master Rolesium. Lots of YM's have different coronet position... and many, many variations on the "YACHT-MASTER" font boldness. Also SWISSMADE and SWISS ' MADE are constantly different, no logic there.

And for the same reason they put out GMT 16710 dials with "GMT MASTER II" and "GMT MASTER ||" fonts. Or have 2 different color font variations on the 16613 bezel, plain yellow and brown/gold.

Trust me, they come both ways.

Here's a 2006 model. Only the clasp edges are polished. Pic from Uhrenfan.de:

rashuchjs7.jpg

Here's another new one from Bernardwatch:

http://www.bernardwatch.com/watch/RLX3627

I agree that the edges would look better polished. That's very easy job to do by yourself though. It'd probably take 5 minutes with some metal paste and dremel.

very good, sir, a great post, I love Sub TT but I have not buyed it , MBK, Noob...... ? Your post help me

I am intrested to your opinion about another sub TT that in photo is very good, teh WM9

Watch has an Hig price ok, but the quality ?

http://www.watchmaker9.tv/products/rolex_0...riner_16613.htm

Watchmaker9 edited his post :)

Before he said it was SOLID 18K.... now he says... 18K run on glasp etc etc...

There was someone who bought this watch on the board....

Regards,

E

Btw you forgot to tell that the MBK he Bezel assembly like gen. ;)

Yep. Missed that one completely.

I will edit the review accordingly (later). Thanks man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You mention WM9 as having a superior, or nailed, rehaut with their sub.

I looked at the WM9 site and see they have two versions of the sub (The Rolex Submariner Model 16610 for man

a year 2007 Z-Serial reproduction ) &

(The Rolex Submariner Model 16610 for man a year 2004 K-Serial reproduction )

The 2004 version is nearly half the price of the later one so which of these were you commenting on in your sub review?

• 2 weeks later...
I am bit new to Rolex reps (been mainly into Breitlings and Panerais), so I am not sure where to source these two reps. I have no idea where to find a MBW and is Eurotimez the only dealer that offers the noobmariner?

Right now (I think) Eurotimez is the only one who offers MBK. bklm1234 offers the Noob version as well, but I'm not sure if the gold bracelet is the same as on the watch I reviewed.

• 2 months later...

Sorry I didn't comment on this review before... Thanks Bytor, this IS my fav Rolex model along with the 6263 daytona and vintage subs, probably the only ones I'd have as keepers forever. The review has your trademark in it, it's just stunning to see this kind of work and time invested... I truly thank you as this kind of info and attention to detail isn't found easily around the web. You deserve a gold statue in the main center of the rep world!

Your reviews kill me man, they make me want to stop eating forever and go watch shopping... ;)

cheers!

@Chris

will you do something about that pearl?