When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bond's Goldfinger Nato

UncleJay

Well, here we go again. I had thought I had it all down, but I was wrong. The colors I guessed were correct, Navy, OD green, and Burgundy. Now, it's not really a Nato as his doesn't have the extra piece under the case back, it's just a straight strap. The size is the question. I think it's 16mm, am I correct? The 18mm in my pics look much larger than the movie strap. What's your opinion?

Here are some pics of my 5508 on an 18mm straight Nato strap. I really like how the brown brings out the dial.

BL1.jpg

BR1.jpg

BL2.jpg

BR2.jpg

BL2.jpg

BR3.jpg

I like the nylon straps also, they wear nice and lite in the summer. But why the obsession of buying them too small? The reason it was to small in the movie was probably just that they did not have a fitting one... :D

They probably never thought anyone would ever notice!

I agree, i would say that the one in the film was a 16mm but i could never wear a watch with an ill fitting strap, i could have all the 18mm natos i wanted in grey but dont have a watch with 18mm lugs so i just leave the straps in the store, if you are going to display it in a case then put it on 16mm, but to wear it, get one that fits.

The reason for the ill fitting strap in the film was that the rolex in that take was borrowed from one of the film crew and the bracelet was not large enough for Mr Connery's wrist and the strap was oiked from some pleace else at short notice to make the scene.

Or so it is reported in some places

The reason for the ill fitting strap in the film was that the rolex in that take was borrowed from one of the film crew and the bracelet was not large enough for Mr Connery's wrist and the strap was oiked from some pleace else at short notice to make the scene.

Or so it is reported in some places

That's what I thought, just your regular day at the location - improvise! B)

Andy - I agree with you I would not like to wear an ill fitting strap.

I like the nylon straps also, they wear nice and lite in the summer. But why the obsession of buying them too small? The reason it was to small in the movie was probably just that they did not have a fitting one... :D

They probably never thought anyone would ever notice!

Can't agree more with the small size, 20mm should looks much better, just find this on ebay, not bad for the 5513.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIRSCH-20mm-NATO-nylon...1742.m153.l1262

post-1661-1214016851_thumb.jpg