When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO 1:1 Coming Soon

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is mine with sec at 12 from MBK...

Yeah but correct me if I am wrong but this is like comparing apples with oranges. Yours is a franken is it not? Gen Dial, ETA 28xx with genuine Deprez chronograph module. The "Angus" version with secs @12 is going to use a highly modified A7750 with rep dial?

Lovely piece by the way, love the blue hobnail dial...

I think one good way to determine if the new ROO is reliable is to send it off to The Zigmeister for a servicing. I did that with my Bentley 6.75 and he gave a great evaluation of the new modified movement. If the ROO is any bit the same as the 6.75 I am game.

Hi guys,

I was told 1 year ago when purchasing my 5th ROO..."Please wait and spend your money on the coming sec@12 ROO!"

I did not wait and now have a bunch of MBW ROO (12 there are), love all of them and would buy 2 more if the dealer can offer NEW dials....AP released tons of LE in the last months...just dial-variations they are. We need some more good dials e.g. the blue dialed themes (with dark blue rubber pusher and crown cover) or do the white dial with stick markers or a proper Rubberclad (with rubber bezel , not PVD!).

This time I will not hold my breath, I will try to wait untill some of our members checked or reviewed these pieces.

lets wait and see...

Theo

Theo, you're a maniac!!! ;) I love it! Did you get your PVD 28 back yet???

I hope this comes out soon, this is the only new release watch that has me wanting it like my early days of collecting with Eddie Lee. I see a black themes and a safari in BOTH SS and RUBBERCLAD(if it is true that we can swap bezels).

stop the teasing and let's start with the pleasing... :victory:

Yeah but correct me if I am wrong but this is like comparing apples with oranges. Yours is a franken is it not? Gen Dial, ETA 28xx with genuine Deprez chronograph module. The "Angus" version with secs @12 is going to use a highly modified A7750 with rep dial?

Lovely piece by the way, love the blue hobnail dial...

Yep... I'd have to say that dalayclass' is in a completely different league; a class of it's own...

Gorgeous example would be an extreme understatment when it comes to that one :wub:

received a new e-mail today

Dear All,

Recently received hundreds of mails regarding the new upcoming APROO with seconds at 12. The factory just confirmed there will be 4 dial options in the first run, they are:

1. Black dial, black sub-dial and white numbers (listed on the front page).

2. White dial, grey sub-dial and greenish numbers (listed on the front page).

3. Black dial, white sub-dial and greenish numbers.

4. White dial, white sub-dial and black numbers (the safari version).

Only bracelet version will be released in the first run and the stock will be limited to 50 pcs only. Please stick to our web-site and we will inform you when this watch is released.

BTW, the ultimate Swordfish should also release this month if there is no more accidents...

Thank you all for your time to read this.

Best regards,

Angus

50 pieces...for the 50 idiots who will give them double what the rest of us will pay in a month.

I'm definitely in for one of these when the rushe is over, even though I'm thinking the zsymetruc pushers won't be fixed. I've always wondered while staring @ pusher stems how much bend or angle you can get out of them and still have them push the little chrono tabs on the side of the movements. If the even got the pushers a mm or so higher than the crown the illusion will be good enough--nobody has the pusher/crown position distance memorized;at best people who will look at your wrist MIGHT know the pushers are supposed to be higher, but not by how much.

That link is for the AP ROO secs @ 9, the one being offered is NEW. Just pulled the trigger on a Black Themes AP ROO secs @ 12, $598 shipped is not ridiculous for a watch that many of us have been waiting for YEARS The secs @ 9 for the $499 price has sold well, but $100 more for a correct subdial movement works for me...so glad I had to talk myself out of ordering it dozens of times. Is the HBB Ceramic overpriced, maybe...but I'm enjoying mine still...and this being one of my grails for less than the HBB, it's a no brainer.

dave :victory:

p.s. angus matched other dealer pricing, send a refund for the difference.

That link is for the AP ROO secs @ 9, the one being offered is NEW. Just pulled the trigger on a Black Themes AP ROO secs @ 12, $658 shipped is not ridiculous for a watch that many of us have been waiting for YEARS The secs @ 9 for the $499 price has sold well, but $160 more for a correct subdial movement works for me...so glad I had to talk myself out of ordering it dozens of times. Is the HBB Ceramic overpriced, maybe...but I'm enjoying mine still...and this being one of my grails for less than the HBB, it's a no brainer.

Is it out?

Where bro?

Cheers

Just emailed Angus and he advised he could get it, I usually don't do pictorials, but I'll grab the girlfriend's Nikon and take some flicks when it arrives. I have a black one coming, but I'll grab a white, better yet a safari if they offer it. If they offer the rubber bezel and strap, i'm grabbing those to switch out the look. It's been a LONG time since a rep had me excited, now the only other rep I want is a 1:1 Big Pilot.

Enjoy guys, I'm sure other members will be posting shortly.