When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO 1:1 Coming Soon

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

datewheel has already been mentioned. and symmetrical pusher?

It has been mentioned, but not explained....

What is wrong with the date wheel? Colour, font, size? I have no point of reference because I know nothing about the genuine article.....

Just assume I am a noob :) (not far wrong :p )

Mickey-

The incurable issue on the rep is simply the alignment on the crown and pushers. Original is a base movement with chrono module slapped on top. As a result the crown will sit lower on the side of the case than the pushers. Won't happen on the 7750 where all components are basically on a parallel plane. Someone more knowledgeable than I can compare the sub-dial layout. I still think it is a great rep. Someone else can comment on the date area.

Kruz

Guest Sql_pl

Well I have to say it looks great.

Apart from the date font that will be actually hard to correct unless Lelloo or someone else makes a proper font replacement it is like spot on.

Wonder about reliability though.

Will wait and see some reviews and them I may replace my MBW with one of these... or two :)

Theo-

Thanks for the info. I couldn't resist checking against the gen. What do you think of the height of the 12 o'clock sub dial. Methink it still looks a tad too high but I know you know these babies well.

Kruz-

I think what you're seeing with the 12:00 subdial is that is is slightly too large in diameter... The hand looks to be in the right position to me, but eyeballing the subdial, it just looks a tad bit too large...

Edit: Looking at this closer, it's not the subdial size, but rather the hand/pinion size that's too large. My focus was on the distance between the center of the hands at the pinion and the bottom of the 12:00 subdial; in looking closer, the subdial looks to be okay in size, but the larger pinions for the 7750 hands requires a larger diameter hole fitting for the hands (hence meaning less distance between the hands' center and subdial).

with all its' flaws, the new APROO is still an improvement over the reps of yore.

What I do want to see if there will be an MBK version of this. And while I'm wishful thinking, I would hope that they could rhodium-plate the bezel screws with white gold. Something to give the "slightly goldish" shine of the gen.

with all its' flaws, the new APROO is still an improvement over the reps of yore.

What I do want to see if there will be an MBK version of this. And while I'm wishful thinking, I would hope that they could rhodium-plate the bezel screws with white gold. Something to give the "slightly goldish" shine of the gen.

Actually, the Offshore uses steel screws, so this one's okay. It's only the classic RO and chronographs that use the WG bezel and caseback screws...

;)

Maybe a silly question, but according to pics, this is the 21.6k movement?

That would be okay as well. The cal 2126 in the gen Royal Oak is a 21600bph movement (with 33 jewels).

2226 and 2326 however, are 28.8k a/h movement.

On a completely unrelated topic... I'm surprised to see the case construction which is visibly apparent in the pics with the caseback off. Nicely done.