When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mini-review of "new" BCE batch..

tazzman

The datewheels in the 7750-reps has always been a mystery to me. Why can't they make them correct?

When the SMP Chrono came, I got mine from EL with perfect ETA-datewheel, out of the box. But all the later batches of this rep had the silly Asian 7750 default wheel.

I'm puzzled why they can't produce more of the ETA wheels? Everything else is often repped really well, but then the wrong datewheel ruins it all.

My guess is that the movements are bought in bulk, and they use what the manufacturer puts in them. Of course an ETA style datewheel would be a good start, but this one is obviously built for Breitlings only. This is really a big step forward!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always said that its very important to post pics of your watches as you get them. Some guys feel that since everybody and their brother has posted an Evo pic, then why bother to post another. These watches are constantly evolving, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse (Fighters Edition), and posts like this bring really good information to the table. Thanks again Tazz!

This got up on J's site just a while ago..

shows the new DW ..

4.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

anyhow no pricetag yet and no info.

I just got the "V2-version" , pictures on site are not updated to show new dw-batch..

take care . -tazz

Edited by tazzman

Guy's i've carried this thread over to RG also so I hope you dont mind.

I've got a modded BCE V2 with a Lello DW and i've just wound it round to the 6th and it's exactly the same.

Im not kidding the shape of the 6 is a perfect match to the Lello. Now I dont know if all numbers are as per

Lello's DW but the 6 is at least at this point.

This is great news - Now we can jump on another BCE without the hassle of having to source and install the

Lello DW (no offense to lello). That's gotta be a $100 saving!?!. Lets just hope its not a limited run.

Edited by elisiX

I bought my V2 maybe 6-8 months after it initially came out. My watch has none of the end link gaps and imperfections sited within this string. The exception may be date font but mine is not bad at all...maybe a little too thin but who is ever going to notice that?????

I bought my V2 maybe 6-8 months after it initially came out. My watch has none of the end link gaps and imperfections sited within this string. The exception may be date font but mine is not bad at all...maybe a little too thin but who is ever going to notice that?????

Same here.

My V2 with (slim) ETA font and gen for reference .

2002649105672497134_rs.jpg

thumb_big_200806211020031983902823.jpg

(sorry for the crappy pic, the lighting is [censored])

I really really hope the BCE I ordered from Puretimewatch on friday has the updated Datewheel. I emailed him 10 hours ago and still no respsonse. And of course out of the 3 people i was gonna order from trustytime, perfect clones and puretimewatch is the only webstie that hasnt been updated to say it has the new datewheel..... :(

Just heard from Josh about possibly getting the datewheel alone for modding other Breits. His answer was no, sorry, not available. :o

Ofcourse not, as he is going to sell a lot of new BCE's just for the DW. So to sell DW's seperate for 20-50 USD or to sell th ewhole watch for $308, there wasnt much to think about. My opinion anyway ;)

-tazz