When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

APROO Macro Pictorial

AUDEMARS PIGUET ROYAL OAK OFF SHORE

Macro pictorial.

Welcome,.... it has been a long wait and these are some offerings for your eye's .. I will defer the tech info ... mechanics and such to those members who will do it justice.. let's leave room for what I am sure are going to be many reviews of this piece

Enjoy !!

wristshots089ebel031ba7.jpg

First I really need to do a comparison to illustrate size .... of course the case set is larger but look at the bracelet at the lugs... I'm not even going to bother measuring this beast !!

It is quite large..

wristshots089ebel045pd1.jpg

The dial.... I have not viewed the genuine in person so chime in anyone who is familiar with the details of the dial.. no hypothesis please..

wristshots089ebel001ol3.jpg

I'm hoping the dial can be removed and the Date Window area can be painted black.. it looks like there is a possibility ..

wristshots089ebel004ql7.jpg

wristshots089ebel005qi8.jpg

Canon Pin ....

wristshots089ebel008pn2.jpg

Swiss Markings ... looks 3d over the ticks..

wristshots089ebel015ha5.jpg

Pushers... notice the beveling and contrast in the case from polished to brushed metal..

wristshots089ebel016um6.jpg

wristshots089ebel017sj9.jpg

Crown.. very nice engraving.. I for one do not care at all for the hexagon shaped crown.. very irratating to me .. not functional at all.. but it looks good... B)

wristshots089ebel007kt2.jpg

Focus is on the crown guard

wristshots089ebel019ab0.jpg

wristshots089ebel018zw2.jpg

The Case..

wristshots089ebel010wh2.jpg

A little ruffness to the rubber..

wristshots089ebel011cg9.jpg

wristshots089ebel012sz7.jpg

The bezel screws .. this was the only one I found that was not "tight".. but you cannot see it with the naked eye.. the screws must have bolts on the inside of the case.. anyone have experience with this ??

bezelscrewmw9.jpg

Case Back, individual serial numbers .. :)

wristshots089ebel026ne7.jpg

Very nice looking engraving work !!

wristshots089ebel027vt1.jpg

wristshots089ebel021cb7.jpg

wristshots089ebel029lt8.jpg

So those of you who have seen or are knowledgable about this model please contribute.. to the commentary.. PLEASE do not guess or theorize ..we need to be accurate in the assesments.. please all members can participate.. but I would like FACTS from those who know..

I leave you with these parting shots... thanks for viewing.. have fun..

wristshots089ebel038wv6.jpg

This timepiece seriously needs a Gator strap.. :huh:

wristshots089ebel039xq0.jpg

I wear my bracelets loose... I can feel my pulse when it's too tight and with this weight.. I don't need to monitor my heart rate ..

wristshots089ebel041qs3.jpg

the back fitrs great ... :D

wristshots089ebel043ga0.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome Pics L,

Just got mine from Angus this AM, I was going to attempt photos, but yours are awesome so not needed. I agree with all your comments, I will be sending mine up to rob for a movement overhaul...and will ask at that time if the date window can be painted black. lume is also only on hands, nowhere else...

my caseback serial number is different than yours which is a good thing, F50140...and this thing is a heavy bastard! :victory:

dave

Buttons on clasp are just for looks, they don't depress...to get the bracelet deployment to release, you have to PULL the buttons on the clasp to release. That's my only disappointment since it's a nice bracelet otherwise...I'm off to buy a nice strap for this baby now!

Thanks for the lume shot, the only lume I saw earlier was ONLY on the hands..I guess rob will be reluming many of these momentarily. :victory:

Lani....amazing pics. You have sold me on this watch. Now need to see if I should wait for the DW to get fixed or just pull the trigger now. Extremely tempted .... but not able to make up my mind.

btw...what lens did you use for taking these pics?

Cheers

looks great lani! the only flaw i see with the black dial is the date background being silver. it should be black

f64e1xf4.jpg

thank you and take a look at the macro pic for the date window..it would appear that the silver piece is seperate from the dial.. this is what I has hoped for... it can be corrected.. small gamble..

ubiquitous Posted Today, 06:14 PM

GREAT pics, R!! They look fantastic (and put mine to shame ).

Something interesting I noticed... Individual serials...

thanks R.. and Congrats to you too !!! yes I noted that .. but like the comics everyone will just look at the pics... :lol::whistling: ..btw.. tomorrow will be shots of the tourbi at home in Hawaii... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

carlsbadrolex Posted Today, 06:14 PM

OK FINE... I have ordered one. THANKS LANI!

welcome... :yu:

promotersf Posted Today, 06:09 PM

Awesome Pics L,

Just got mine from Angus this AM, I was going to attempt photos, but yours are awesome so not needed. I agree with all your comments, I will be sending mine up to rob for a movement overhaul...and will ask at that time if the date window can be painted black. lume is also only on hands, nowhere else...

my caseback serial number is different than yours which is a good thing, F50140...and this thing is a heavy bastard!

dave

thank you D ... I need to take a fast pic of the bracelet... the clasp that has the AP logo acts as a safety .. it locks in place.. lift that from the clips and then you have to .. for lack of a better word.. unhinge the two halves .. .. when you take it off at night.. you don't put it down.. you "rack it" like your dumbells at the gym..

*** CHECK YOUR PINS AROUND THE CLASP MINE WAS LOOSE.. VERY TINY.. LOOSE THAT AND .. YOU KNOW THE DRILL.. CHECK ALL TINY MICO PINS ON CLASP..IN CASE YOURS WAS LIKE MINE .... A MONDAY FACTORY JOB !!!!

chieftang Posted Today, 06:07 PM

An excellent tour of greatness! Some high quality shots in there. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the watch.

PS. What is that toy your holding next to the APROO in your hand??? Oh, nm, it's a Rolex

HEHE... THANKYOU B. .. yeah I did that to illustrate the size of the bracelet..

Jawo Posted Today, 06:10 PM

Lanikai, great pictorial pal!! It looks great. Mine will be in tomorrow with white/silver subdials. I will post pics also. I can't wait!!

Congrats in advance Jawo..!!!

At least no one said .. you alway's get yours first.. well this proves logistics..... Richard Lawton.. must be in Asia.. Ubi.. stones throw form LA.. then me .. Hawaii.. :yeah:

thank you all... Live Strong and wear Them WELL>>>

Lani....amazing pics. You have sold me on this watch. Now need to see if I should wait for the DW to get fixed or just pull the trigger now. Extremely tempted .... but not able to make up my mind.

btw...what lens did you use for taking these pics?

Cheers

thanks Samu... I really hope Aaron can do the hornback within 3 weeks.. :rolleyes:

I used the Nikon Macro lens ..manual settings..

thanks Samu... I really hope Aaron can do the hornback within 3 weeks.. :rolleyes:

I used the Nikon Macro lens ..manual settings..

I heard Aaron had a long whait on straps, did he say 3weeks garante?

Thanks for the photos i think the dw fix is a easy thing to do :)

Cheers

Ok...so have decided to get this one now.....can't bear the itch in my ar.se anymore.

Question...where can I get the DW changed? Ideally...have the DW changed & have lume job done together.

wow.. you thought about a whole 5 minutes.. :1a: ... not the datewheel the date window needs to be repainted black.. airbrushed.. it's silver it should be black Samu

Aaron usually has my straps done done in 3 to 4 weeks.. the fastedst was 2.... shipping takes another 7 to 10 day's... he's alway's busy.. i ordered mine in advance.. alway's do..

@ten\acious.. I'm not that powerful.. it's the timepiece calling your name.. :shock:

one quick question. how is the bracelet clasp? are the buttons functional and actually open the bracelt or are they just for show?

the clasp with the logo acts as a safety .. what looks like buttons are there to take a hold of then pull ... then you unhinge the two halves so it's a three piece lock down.. need it for all this weight