When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

APROO Macro Pictorial

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW some of the gens had silver date window. I am sure I have seen some pics at TZ. But of course it looks better in black.

Wow.. if we could get even one pic that would be great SP!!.. thanks !!

@MP... I'll get some measurements .. I was a bit "fryed" yesterday.. up 20 hours again .. not to athletic when I woke up at 12:30..

man, did you get those tattoos in prison? :p

:shock: Thanks for your discretion Slay <_<

Prison "Tats" .. are done a number of way's.. the plastic checkers( as in Chess or Checkers) .. are melted and used as ink .. and a needle is used and the tip is wrapped with thread.. or home made machines...... if you are familiar with... Danny Trejo.. acted with Segall and Deniro in many Movies... his tat's are from a variety of "Federal Institutions" .. whilst he was a guest there.. very detailed and intricate.. usually they have lots and lots of time to do them :whistling:

Interesting as.. I put the dial up to the light (natural) and low and behold.. got the same effect as in the pics.. silver metallic on the borders of the numerals..

As you can see in this pic it is indirect light and it's "bouncing" off the borders.. easy to catch as there is no other light to deflect the only light source.. I will try to "replicat" ..(no oun intended) this type of lighting for proof..

But right now I am taking the case back off so we can see .... WHAT'S UNDER THE HOOD ... or BONNET .. as the members with the "Queens English " would refer to the "Hood" as :D

Macro pics coming up... maybe I should post these on a seperate thread... ??

@Jakob... haven't forgotten you my Brudder.. we say Bruddah .... "Welcome" take your shoes off .. this is local "Hawaiin style Thread".. relax get nut's like the rest of us... :rolleyes:

@ricardo .. we're looking for the Black Dial ... with silver DW if that exist ..... don you know how to "host the images " or post pics.. wthere are turorials here..you can post wrist shots..

gotta go .. take macro without case back..

that's awesome SP!!!! you have just made many members very happy !!!.. ..ye of little faith in our collectors !!Oh the shame :rolleyes:

but still wonder why no lume in the numerals /

anyway.....give me an hour or so.. this case back has mo0re parts than anyother watch I've had..yikes !!!

Guest Sql_pl

Yeah but still most of them have it in black and it looks much better that way.

To be honest the one posted above is the ONLY one I have seen in SS and with silver date aperture.

It can be seen in titanium ones but not often in SS.

:shock: Thanks for your discretion Slay <_<

Prison "Tats" .. are done a number of way's.. the plastic checkers( as in Chess or Checkers) .. are melted and used as ink .. and a needle is used and the tip is wrapped with thread.. or home made machines...... if you are familiar with... Danny Trejo.. acted with Segall and Deniro in many Movies... his tat's are from a variety of "Federal Institutions" .. whilst he was a guest there.. very detailed and intricate.. usually they have lots and lots of time to do them :whistling:

you really know how its dune, huh? B)

i just know how to built a tat machine using an electric razor (i was tought that in the army)

Guest nikos1978

i think that if the factory make the daywindow little smaller

they can fix these problem

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think that if the factory make the daywindow little smaller

they can fix these problem

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Nikos.. good to see you participating in the threads .... sometimes the positioning of the dial is due to the movement and not error's in design .. these are things that go beyond the makers control.. but a small flaw is better than the wrong sub dial configuration IMO..

because you are in EU .. eurotimez (Chris) can service you and you will not have any customs issues.

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

you really know how its dune, huh? B)

i just know how to built a tat machine using an electric razor (i was tought that in the army)

I've had a few done that way.... maybe I should get a Coronet on my calf.. B)

Pugwash Posted Today, 03:26 AM

Very nice, great macro shots

thank you Pug... I'm humbled by your kind words.... still need more practice... more reps of the reps :rolleyes:

OMG!! This is good news and bad news. The good news is that the black dial is now accurate. The bad news is that I just picked up a white/silver subdial version. Looks like I have to buck up for the black one now too. I'm gonna go broke and the C1 still isn't out yet :(

BTW some of the gens had silver date window. I am sure I have seen some pics at TZ. But of course it looks better in black.

Here is the gen. picture of the white dial.

Everything is almost perfect --- even the greenish colour of the markers are dead on. Silver date window is no longer an issue as you can see. But no one so far has ever mentioned the fonts on the subdial, particularly the 6 o'clock subdial is not correct. Thickness of the inner bezel and the oversized date mag are beyond the limits of any mods, only the maker can address to these flaws, then we will have the 99% perfect APROO.

At this moment I will say only the Safari version is closest to the gen.(6 o'clock subdial fonts are correct) if the obvious flaws are not taken into account.

post-943-1214839681_thumb.jpg

forgive me asking but... are all of the 3 chronos fully functioning on this watch? Or is it only running seconds @12 and the rest of the chronos are faux?

koko.... all the chronos are "working" when you see "functioning" on other dealers sites (other than RWG collectors) ..it could mean faux,.. the collectors on this board use "working" meaning they are as the genuine models..

running seconds @12 is because up to this time most or all of the AP have had incorrect sub dials due to the configuration of the movements.. so this has a mod kit .. although not tested in the field.. it is said to be tested by the makers and working to standards..