When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

APROO Macro Pics... Part II.. Open Case Back

APROO PART II

It has been 24 hours since I started the PR on my ROO .. at this time it is running at the same time as my Blackberry that was used to set the time..it has been on the winder .. I'll take it off the winder and see what the PR is like..

What do we have under the "Hood" or "Bonnet" .. take your pick ..(pun intended) :D

the hexagonal caseback has 8 screws .. it was evident that the gasket had lube or silicone sealant on it.. the makers took the time to do this.. :o ..

wristshots089ebel057zb1.jpg

the Screws are very good quality .. from the metal QC .. to thread.. it was very, very smooth .. both screwing them off and putting them back on... I am impressed by the machining on this case set.. very nice..

wristshots089ebel060he4.jpg

wristshots089ebel061eu9.jpg

close up of the engraving on the inner case back.. very tiny.. I am assuming this is replicated from the genuine..

wristshots089ebel059oz9.jpg

There was one HUGE thing missing.. "Noise" ... for the first time (for me) there is absolutely no friction to the rotor .. this movement has actually been serviced and oil is evident .. ya think they are starting a trend here ?? :shock::good:

Seriously the rotor feels like a Swiss.. and the gearing "feel" like it has been serviced..it definately does not feel like past movements..

wristshots089ebel062bm1.jpg

wristshots089ebel051dn4.jpg

wristshots089ebel064eo3.jpg

wristshots089ebel063hx4.jpg

wristshots089ebel065we2.jpg

wristshots089ebel031qz5.jpg

I hope this validates issues members may have... I was going to get ambitious and go deeper .. but I will save that for another time and place when I'm not so tired.. I would be prone to errors.. (and this is my timepiece :rolleyes: )

Thanks for viewing...

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Wow, fabulous post Lani. Blown away by the quality. I officially give in and will have to get one. Now a couple of mod questions. Is there anything on the original first generation MBW AP ROO that someone should consider swapping out on this one? Crown, bracelet, etc.? Should the screws on the gen be white gold in which case it might be well worth it to get it plated. Anything else of this nature? Based on your movement review it doesn't sound like it is worth it to morph in a Swiss 7750's parts. Lastly, you always have a good feel for what is coming down the pike. Your guess on the upcoming ROO models?

Slay-

We all wish this one had a separate chrono module. Then we could get those chrono pushers higher than the crown (or rather crown lower than the pushers and we would have one perfect watch. This one is set up with transfer "gears" but at least it appears to be properly engineered unlike our original seconds at 6 daytonas. :D

great pics//info and really nice movement...however, I will wait a little bit to see how the new mvt actually works...hopefully in the meantime they will release some new models (Navy please!) and will fix some little flaws....

Guest Sql_pl

It all alooks gerat.

Wonder what other dials will be available.

Hope they will make a good EOD with proper velcro strap, a NAVY or a good Safari....

It all alooks gerat.

Wonder what other dials will be available.

Hope they will make a good EOD with proper velcro strap, a NAVY or a good Safari....

I have an MBW EOD... just wondering what's wrong with the original MBW EOD velcro strap... is it very wrong?

Slay-

We all wish this one had a separate chrono module. Then we could get those chrono pushers higher than the crown (or rather crown lower than the pushers and we would have one perfect watch. This one is set up with transfer "gears" but at least it appears to be properly engineered unlike our original seconds at 6 daytonas. :D

We still dont know if they have done thr movement properly or not yet, it may still have the same problems as the secs at 6

Wow, fabulous post Lani. Blown away by the quality. I officially give in and will have to get one. Now a couple of mod questions. Is there anything on the original first generation MBW AP ROO that someone should consider swapping out on this one? Crown, bracelet, etc.? Should the screws on the gen be white gold in which case it might be well worth it to get it plated. Anything else of this nature? Based on your movement review it doesn't sound like it is worth it to morph in a Swiss 7750's parts. Lastly, you always have a good feel for what is coming down the pike. Your guess on the upcoming ROO models?

Thank you all !!.. All your kind and generous words Humble me !! :)

This is my first APROO kruz ... i never got one before due to the sub dial configuration.. there are members who have almost all the models that have been released previously released.. they could answer questions regarding mods and cannabalizing parts ... much better than I.. maybe start another thread along those lines..

As far as more models... giving it a calculated "guess" I would assume it would depend on how this is recieved in the industry... "world wide".. and how sales warrant this maker investing more in product development ... or rather the collectors investing in product development ... (puchasing the genuines for replication) .. as you explained a couple years ago that Honpo started.. But I would imagine if they come out with more models too quickly it would curtail sales on these models and dilute thier profits.... then again this is just "my" take on it..

On another note .. this movement having been services well from the factory is "Proof" that what Ziggy told us "ALL" in his review of the A7750 is based on facts and his expetise and not like detractors say.. that Ziggy does these things to drum up more business .... if anyone can remember Ziggy stated that the A7750 can be just as reliable "if" serviced properly.. and all the A7750 movements that Zig has serviced for me are running spot on ... He advised me .. to just stick with the A7750 ... it's a good movement.

I'm not trying to stir things up here... but the majority of us have no doubt that what Ziggy endorses has nothing to do with him manipulating anything and even more ... nothing remotely resembling "marketing" himself.. what he said has come true or "was" true from the get go..

To Clarify ... the movement is much improved.. but what is the unknown defining entity is the "Mod kit".. how good is it.. this is a new release so only time will tell ... just follow the ABC"s of the chrono movmt when setting the time and getting the watch started .. ie. using the crown to gain all the PR..

and finally I am really going to need the Horned back strap to make this work on my wrist..

thank you again ALL !!!

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, once again Lani has provided an incredible insight to the beautiful pieces he owns. Im going to have a real hard time handing over the one I ordered to my boss... I guess I will need to get another one for me!

T

hi kruzer, is possible to transplante the innerbezel and the dial+movement to a mbk case, this way you had the best of two worlds MBK general finish plus the new correcte dial and functions = )

i did that with and old chinese AP and a Empty MBK case i have.

regards

Guest carlsbadrolex

I think that the improvements to the case design are far more important that what may/may not be slightly accurate about the dial. The fact that they designed the watch so that the bezel screws are in fact tightened by the screws in the case back is incredible. The fit and finish seems to be quite on par. BUT of course there will be slight issues. We must remember that we are not replicating a $7000 Rolex. These are $20k watches that are DAMN CLOSE.

Just my $.02