When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

APROO Macro Pics... Part II.. Open Case Back

Excuse the stupid APROO Noob question here...I'm I correct to understand that this new release with secs @ 12, is still the usual A7750 but with a "properly done" mod kit to move the subdials around, or is this an entirely different movement? The macro shots are great, but to the uninitiated, I couldn't tell you if the transfer gears were properly jewelled or running metal on metal...not knowing which would be the transfer gears.

Great work as always Lani.

Excuse the stupid APROO Noob question here...I'm I correct to understand that this new release with secs @ 12, is still the usual A7750 but with a "properly done" mod kit to move the subdials around, or is this an entirely different movement? The macro shots are great, but to the uninitiated, I couldn't tell you if the transfer gears were properly jewelled or running metal on metal...not knowing which would be the transfer gears.

Great work as always Lani.

I defer that Q .. before I mess up the smantics.. but on the same note.... the AAP. or A7750is still spot on .. runing fine.. I am going to run the chrono for a while now ..... I'm confident that this movement and the mod kit will be fine.. just my "feeling" .. given the QC of the movement so far..

Wow, fabulous post Lani. Blown away by the quality. I officially give in and will have to get one. Now a couple of mod questions. Is there anything on the original first generation MBW AP ROO that someone should consider swapping out on this one? Crown, bracelet, etc.? Should the screws on the gen be white gold in which case it might be well worth it to get it plated. Anything else of this nature? Based on your movement review it doesn't sound like it is worth it to morph in a Swiss 7750's parts. Lastly, you always have a good feel for what is coming down the pike. Your guess on the upcoming ROO models?

OK W..promise not to say anything... the APRoyal Oak with rubberclasp bezel and rubber strap is going to be released in about 12 hours.. ssshhhhh

seems like the dials will be endless now.. move over all other brands the AP has arrived in replication... FO REAL !!!!!!