When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rubber-duck

The page seems to be a bit misleading...

The title is: "AUDEMARS PIGUET- 124-PVD"

But we all know it's the rubberclad version and the bezel looks like rubber too...but is this the high-quality dust-repellent kind, or just some standard rep rubber?

The pictures seem to be a little confusing. At least to me it is.

Picture in question:

AP-123-7.jpg

The page seems to be a bit misleading...

The title is: "AUDEMARS PIGUET- 124-PVD"

But we all know it's the rubberclad version and the bezel looks like rubber too...but is this the high-quality dust-repellent kind, or just some standard rep rubber?

The pictures seem to be a little confusing. At least to me it is.

Picture in question:

AP-123-7.jpg

PVD could be the screws?

Put the proper rubberclad strap on that and I'll bite...hope they come out with the rose gold too(and i'm not a gold kinda guy). I'm assuming the screws for the rubber bezel are SS, but the photo makes it look black...probably from the lighting. :victory:

The screws are SS...but when I saw PVD on the page, I natually assumed the bezel was PVD. But instead, looking at the pictures, it is definitely rubber. But like I said, it would be a disappointment if it were the kind of rubber that attracts dust.

you can have the rubber strap from angus (deploymet included) for just 40 usd

http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?productID=2

i got one fron him and the strap is really good, similar in feel to the IWC CD 06 i got

regards

what a bummer. i would have thought they would have the rubber strap as well. hopefully that will be here

soon as well.

But it does not come with adapters - does it?

No, it doesn't, so go buy an Oracle straps strap for the adapters or get Eurotimez's MBW hornback with adapters.

Heard from Josh....the spare rubber strap will be available in about 2 months time. Guess it's SS till then.

Am inclined to go for the Steel bezel one....if required...can buy a rubber bezel later on. Am not really sure about the quality of the rubber on this.

The screws are SS...but when I saw PVD on the page, I natually assumed the bezel was PVD. But instead, looking at the pictures, it is definitely rubber. But like I said, it would be a disappointment if it were the kind of rubber that attracts dust.

A little confusing...??? What makes you think its rubber and not PVD like listed.

Has anyone contacted King on this?

My holy grail is still the AP Boutique Scuba. No pusher issues.

I agree about that...there are 3 dial versions...blue, orange and red...blue is my fav...

when I spoke to Angus a couple of months ago he said he would ask the factories to do it but apparently they decided not to go for it since the gen was high priced...but now, If they bought gen AP ROO's for replicating...then they could invest as well in the Scuba LE...