When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can asian movement in Breitling Heritage be swapped with swiss 2824-2 ?

milsub5517

Most reviews seem to be great so far. Can we replace the asian movement with swiss 2824-2? Will it fit and will we be able to reuse the hands?

I do not know if the movement spacer in the asian ultimate is the same size as in the swiss Silix's version... if they are made at the same place then the spacers are probably the same, but looks like these watches were made at different factories...they could be using the same spacers though.

5cbf439d753299e08250fd03c9a8046c.image.750x497.JPG

Here is Silix's swiss version movement shot, notice the size of the spacer .. looks thinner to me. May be its just the angle ... :

mvmt.jpg

Edited by mil_sub

My guess is that an eta would be a direct fit. I doubt that any of the silix parts would be compatible though, except for the movement. If you are talking about replacing an ultimate movement with a silix movement, forget it. My guess is the silix version is just as Asian as Trusty and Josh's version.

i am talking about putting swiss eta movement in the ultimate trusty version.. my concern is - will the movement fit and will the hands fit eta movement..?

My guess is that an eta would be a direct fit. I doubt that any of the silix parts would be compatible though, except for the movement. If you are talking about replacing an ultimate movement with a silix movement, forget it. My guess is the silix version is just as Asian as Trusty and Josh's version.

if this holds true for this version of Heritage then we are out of luck...unless we can source some eta hands from the factory that makes older swiss heritage..

I always thought the Asian clones use different hand sizes (at least I know the Asian 4813 has different hand sizes from ETAs). Someone who knows more will be able to answer definitively.

I always thought the Asian clones use different hand sizes (at least I know the Asian 4813 has different hand sizes from ETAs). Someone who knows more will be able to answer definitively.

The 4813 is NOT an ETA clone, even though some dealers tried to market it that way. The "clone" movement in the heritage appears to be just that, an exact copy of the ETA 2824. I would put money on the ETA fitting perfectly in the case and the hands working perfectly.