When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartel do not want to fix the flaw AP

Guest nikos1978

So the peeps will buy these watches anyway...

If we bought MBW's with numerous other flaws...the biggest one being the running sec at 9 and not at 12...I also think that this one will be a great seller...as soon as the mvt really proves to be a reliable one...

If you are this particular about the reps, then you'll find better satisfaction with buying a gen.

Sure, we've been spoiled with the terms of "1:1" and "Super Rep", but IMO, you do get alot for $568 if the case construction and other detail matching is beyond reproach.

They have made SOME of these watches...and they need to sell.

We will see several dials for the ROOfs but my guess is ... they will just do dial-variations....some LE of the ROO only need colored numbers and some slight variations (e.g. yellow numbers and PVD

i had email from 1 dealer and he tell me

that the cartel(factory)

do not want to fix the ap offshore flaw

Niko .. perhaps you should look up past "history" or discussions or ask some of the members on this thread.. "ALL" have been through all the reps for a good long time.. the movement issues related to the dial (it could have something to do with the layout of the Date Window or Subs)

Kruzer has been through every obstacle in searching for the perfect Pam (want to say 189) Submersible ... and has sacrificed a lot to attempt to find the correct "everything"

when using alternative movements it is not always "black and white" .. there are many "grey" areas that have to be compromised

Look at what members were paying for MBK's with incorrect subs.. at the time it was accepted.. for those who choose to purchase it..

If you are looking for a "perfect" copy .. as all of us are ... you should not be overly disappointed at minor flaws ... this is the nature of the "beast"... there are a lot of legal battles going on behind the lines.. one was with the Swiss Federation and another with the CEO of HBB..

So who's to say the the "little" flaws are not put there knowingly ??

Those members who have "accepted" the FACT that the reps are much better now and discuss means and availability of "Modding" the dials .. hands.. .. getting the AR coat done... have come to terms with our "Hobby"..

it would be much less frustrating to just go out and buy a genuine.. but I like most members enjoy the "search" for "building" the perfect rep..

Check out the vintage Rolexes.. and you will find members who put just as much

$$ into genuine vintage parts than a new genuine would cost... this hobby is a labour of love..

When I am having a really sh1tty day .. and go through the gauntlet of emotions... I look down at my Ziggified vintage 1665.. or what ever I choose to wear.. and like a kid I crack a big smile and say .... "this to shall pass"

A hobby is supposed to bring enjoyment and comfort... fulfillment.... that is the key to finding enjoyment with this crazy obsession of ours..

so after you have been here for a while you will see what I am saying.. but experience is the key.. so stay long enough to where you can start feeling the love for these reps.. and not just the material excitement.. and you will meet great people along the way !!! As I have..

It also concerns me that for a new member.. you are using the word ."cartel" .. looks like you have been PM'd by certain members .... be careful who you follow Niko.. stick with the winners man.. they are all on your thread and in every section.. main thing to do is "learn" first.. before you address collectors like this..

Just some info for you to digest.. or leave alone.. up to u

aloha

R

Lani-

Speaking of tilting at wind mills :lol: I am going to take a shot at correcting the date placement and window issue. A little cannibalization from the original MBW. :D Move the date placement that 1 mm further away from the side with the MBW inner bezel ring which is "steeper" and thus leaves more room between the dial numbers and the bezel, attempt to steal the "date window insert" (will have to take the dial apart to see how it is set up) and contemplate bracelet swap as I can't imagine the bracelet on this one is as good as the first generation MBW. Whadda ya think? :Jumpy:

Lani-

Speaking of tilting at wind mills :lol: I am going to take a shot at correcting the date placement and window issue. A little cannibalization from the original MBW. :D Move the date placement that 1 mm further away from the side with the MBW inner bezel ring which is "steeper" and thus leaves more room between the dial numbers and the bezel, attempt to steal the "date window insert" (will have to take the dial apart to see how it is set up) and contemplate bracelet swap as I can't imagine the bracelet on this one is as good as the first generation MBW. Whadda ya think? :Jumpy:

Well, let me guess who's doing the artistry; and only one person can do what equates to moving a building to another dimension ;) .. look forward to seeing the final :)

My take on the bracelet.. I ordered a gator strap.. If I'm going to keep this piece .. the only way it'll work for me is with a leather or gator strap... I'm not into hip-hop clothing B)

Look forward to seeing the finished piece W.. :1a:

Lani-

I have no idea whether either ideas will work. I don't have the new one. Do you have both? If so please eyeball it. Not looking for a definitive yes - I will take that risk. But if it is an obvious no simply from looking at both together I would opt to get a different dial on the new one and keep the MBW in one piece.

I think that is is the chinese policy of products

In the past only AP quartz was available

Yesterday was available AP running at 9, then MBW running at 9 more detailed and finest, then the second version, to day AP running at 12, then AP improved, then MBW running at 12, then Ultimate, then the second version MBW ecc... but this is a play, if you love it you play, if you dont love it , you collect stamps......

Between one or two or three years there will be reps without these defects, but perhaps they have others defects........

The market changes. I bought my first MBW by George after a long search, today eurotimez sells you all MBW MBK without any difficulty

The future has some surprises for us, i think......