When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Keep an eye on the rivots holding the AP engraved clasp

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

I received an AP this morning and wore it all day. When I took it off this evening, one of the rivets holding the fold over clasp fell out (it is what appears to be the pivot point pin for the fold over).It is actually two separate pieces (one on each side). When looking at it, the "pin" portion of the rivet is only about 2mm long. I was able to put a smaller diameter pin into the hole about 4mm.

My point is that these rivets are only held in by pressure. They don't appear to be made properly and they are definitely shorter than they could be. I have an old Omega bracelet that uses similar rivets but they are almost 6mm long and the head is the same size. Tomorrow, I will pull the other one out and replace both of them.

I will also take pics in case you have no idea what my cheesy description is all about. I need to get this sorted out tomorrow morning, as it leaves for Spain on Thursday!

Hey where are you getting the pins from? The piece that you are talking about is a tube that gets a "rivet" stuck into each end and it holds the foldover to the watch right?

I need to find one too. My Link Chrono had something similar but instead of a rivet it had a screw in each end, I lost one of the screws and have not been able to find a replacement. If I could find the rivet kind I am sure I could make that work.

CBR-

Thanks for the heads up. Just getting up the nerve to order one but that is a good thing to know.

- Kruz

i have one that just arrived still in plastic wrap and in brand new condition for sale as it is too big for my skinny wrist. Check the for-sale section

I received an AP this morning and wore it all day. When I took it off this evening, one of the rivets holding the fold over clasp fell out (it is what appears to be the pivot point pin for the fold over).It is actually two separate pieces (one on each side). When looking at it, the "pin" portion of the rivet is only about 2mm long. I was able to put a smaller diameter pin into the hole about 4mm.

My point is that these rivets are only held in by pressure. They don't appear to be made properly and they are definitely shorter than they could be. I have an old Omega bracelet that uses similar rivets but they are almost 6mm long and the head is the same size. Tomorrow, I will pull the other one out and replace both of them.

I will also take pics in case you have no idea what my cheesy description is all about. I need to get this sorted out tomorrow morning, as it leaves for Spain on Thursday!

Wish you would of read that part in the write up I did T. .... my Breigtling Bentely did that a couple of years ago.. so I alway's check now.. and when I did check the AP sure nuff it was loose.. your local watch smith should have a generic part to fit in there..or worse case senario.. there are a lot of "bead shops"... they have tiny metal beads that will fit in place of the rivet .. try your local WS ..

Good luck

R