When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster

Bazz

This is a repost of my Omega Speedmaster from I received from EL about a year and a half ago, its such a timeless design and has such a wonderful history. I have killed the sub dial at 6 as per the original (stays at 12). The venus movement 6 sub dial follows the main hands as a 12 hour indicator and is not part of the stopwatch function.

:wub:

4679-6509.jpg

4679-6510.jpg

4679-6511.jpg

Edited by Bazz

I don't quite understand why you 'killed' the 6 o'clock sub dial. Is the 6 o'clock sub dial on the original moon watch non-functional and serves only as a cosmetic purpose? Thanks and please reply.

What he means by killing it is that it is now frozen at 12:00. In the replica, the 6:00 subdial is directly tied to the hour of the watch. So, at 2:00, the subdial shows 2:00. At 4:00, the subial shows 4:00, etc. In the genuine, the 6:00 subdial is used as an hour counter for the chronograph and thus is always at 12:00 unless the chronograph is being used. Many people freeze that sub-dial so that it appears to be part of the chronograph.

@ the playful eyes

Tom has explained it pretty well (ta mate), on the genuine its a 12 hour counter which stays at 12 unless you have the chrono running. As the 6 sub dial does not function as part of the chrono and follows the hour hand so I froze it, as to me a chrono that has subdials all over the place just looks wrong.

Dont get me wrong I am up front with all my reps being reps I just enjoy trying to "improve" them as a bit of fun :drunk:

Edited by Bazz