When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date problem fixed on AP ROO

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievably fast. It is good to see dealers are responding so quickly. I asked elsewhere but does anyone want to venture a guess as to whether the inner bezel from the MBW will fit on this one? It would leave the date in the right place as the steeper inner bezel (shallower on the dial) would leave more room between date and inner bezel. Of course far brighter minds than myself came up with that one. ;)

As I am staring at comparable rep and gen pictures I am now convinced the date placement is correct. The issue is definitely the inner bezel. It is too flanged versus the texture on the dial. That could be an easy fix. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether the cyclops is the right size?

I think the sales of AP ROO haven't been as encouraging as the dealers/rep factory had hoped for it to be. It's all the nagging tiny flaws in the watch that everyone has been discussing and the general consensus to wait for the V2........I think the dealers finally leaned on the rep factory to make the change and recoupe their investment and make moolah. Overall....I think if a mojority of rep collectors decide not to buy a watch unless it is fixed (assuming the fix is easy enuff)....we will eventually see the factories coming up with corrected versions.

Hooray for consumer power..... :-)

p.s. might be a good idea for dealers to send a few samples of the first run to select memebers ....discuss it here....fix the small issues...and then go into production run....win win sitch.

Cheers

Looks good. But i guess i have seen the pictures of the gen watch both ways - both silver and black. Which is the true correct one.

Also - datewindow is still a little to far to the right - but less noticeable now.

Best I can tell looking at pics of the gen. the black dials have the black on the date window and the white dials have what looks like the silverish color on the date window. However on the AP website there is a gold case white dial which has black on the date window. Really confusing....

Nice, looking good. I am thinking about getting one of these. just having an EXTREMELY hard time deciding whether or not I want white face or black.

I got several (well will soon have) black and grey/anthracite color faces. I have no light color faces.

What are the shortcomings of the white face or safari compared to the black?

Thanks

Edited by cue003