When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date problem fixed on AP ROO

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just becoming ridiculous. How about a straight indication from the damn dealers about what they're selling.

Which is it?! An updated version with correct window or a modified watch that he's selling?. It's beyond the joke.

This is just becoming ridiculous. How about a straight indication from the damn dealers about what they're selling.

Which is it?! An updated version with correct window or a modified watch that he's selling?. It's beyond the joke.

I don't really understand your post. Puretime is offering to get the date area painted black for those that want it, how is that a bad thing? :huh:

I don't really understand your post. Puretime is offering to get the date area painted black for those that want it, how is that a bad thing? :huh:

Mate its not a 'bad' thing that he's offering the service.

My point is that before he updated the page again yesterday, he had updated it to say that there was a NEW UPDATED version. I dont know if you saw the page which was put up in between.

Now he's changed it to the original listing however with the drop down menu advising that the window can be painted black. In other words, the 'NEW UPDATED version' was a lie as it was infact just a modified existing stock.

Edited by elisiX

I wonder if the factories/dealers are not selling as many of these new AP's as they thought they would? A few went up for sale straight away as peeps realised how big the watch was. Add that to the date colour issue and it's location too far to the right. Then the Safari version is the wrong colour, plus the high price and maybe they can see they need to change things to help push sales?

Clearly it had no mass purchase frenzy that the GMT2C had.....

I would buy one myself, but only if it was a $120ish less........

Cheers B)

I wonder if the factories/dealers are not selling as many of these new AP's as they thought they would? A few went up for sale straight away as peeps realised how big the watch was. Add that to the date colour issue and it's location too far to the right. Then the Safari version is the wrong colour, plus the high price and maybe they can see they need to change things to help push sales?

Clearly it had no mass purchase frenzy that the GMT2C had.....

I would buy one myself, but only if it was a $120ish less........

Cheers B)

Aren't there both a version of the Safari in this color combo as well as the creme dialed one? Or aren't you referring to the dial color?

From what I have seen it should be cream and dark brown, not white and black. Have a peak here: http://www.iforia.com/watches/audemarsroosafari/index.html

picture1vu6.jpg

Cheers! :D

Yeah that's one version, but there's also a version in pure white and black numerals. I think you can see a picture of it on Luxury bazaar.

http://www.luxurybazaar.com/timepieces/web..._D091CR_01.html

Cheers!

It states Safari in on both of those links mate.

Once the movement has settled in and this date window rubbish is organized ill take a Black Theme and eventually a safari if it comes out.

Edited by elisiX

It states Safari in on both of those links mate.

Once the movement has settled in and this date window rubbish is organized ill take a Black Theme and eventually a safari if it comes out.

YES - but my point is that it's not creme and brown, it's black and white like the released version. It's very obvious on the high-res image on the link I posted, that it's the same color as the one for sale as a rep. I think the creme/brown safari could be a previous years version?

I am pretty sure there is no white/black version, but just under certain lighting conditions it looks white/black......

More gen pictures:

audemarspiguetroyaloak2jy2.jpg

a168wtmknk1.jpg

Yeah maybe you are right. But I am not 100% sure. AP has a tendency to change color schemes like people change socks from year to year :).

I think I'll try and call my local AP dealer and get it cleared up...

Here is another picture:

a167wtmkoe7.jpg

Like I say the replica colour scheme is not accurate, they just assumed it was white/black, but it is clearly not....

Maybe there was a white/black Safari version? I really doubt it though, not very "Safari" in terms of colours......

Maybe there was a white/black Safari version? I really doubt it though, not very "Safari" in terms of colours......

Yeah well - I like the creme/brown better also :-P...

You could argue that a zebra is somewhat safari-oriented hehe....?

Be aware all .. that the black window has been done supposedly with a black marker pen .. and not by the maker .. futhermore the maker has deemed any watch that has been tampered with as the pieces with black date windows will not be warranted..