When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any quality control issues on the new ROO?/

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

I just received my new ROO. Since getting the one from UBI I was amazed at not only the quality of the watch, but that I could find no real QC issues. Then the little incident with the clasp, which was a fairly easy fix...

The one I received today has some issues. First the markers do not reset EXACTLY to the 12 oclock position. NOW, they are very close, but for a $600 replica, I think they should split the 12 oclock marker in half.

The next issue is with the screws on the case back... Every single one of mine look like they were installed with a much too small screw driver, and there are scratches and marks from where the screw driver turned in the slot. Not earth shattering, but again... not great.

And lastly, there is a nick/ding in the side of the watch right on the back edge. Not huge, but you can feel it with your finger and see it if you look closely.

Unfortunately, I can only fix the markers... I would need new screws and a new case to fix the other issues. Are others seeing such issues?

Is it worth sending it back and taking a chance with another one? Or shall I try to source some new case back screws and call it a day?

I will get some macro pics up later to show what I am attempting to describe.

T

Guest carlsbadrolex

I understand that I can work with my dealer. Im sure he would be willing to accept it back and send another. But as someone who has been down THAT road before, you never really know what your getting the second time around either. PLUS, you are without a watch for as much as 4 weeks.

I guess my question should have been phrased differently. Am I simply getting spoiled with decent quality control and being too critical of this watch?

And the main question was, are others having QC issues with this particular watch. If we are all having some issues, then it doesnt make much sense to send it back only to get another one with similar or different issues.

Thanks,

T

If it were me in the same boat I would not be happy either, like you say $600 is no small change.....

I would have it packaged back up straight away, after having emailed pictures of the defects to the dealer, and then a cross shipment sorted out for a direct replacement. If you are not 100% happy with the watch you received, get it dealt with straight away....

Cheers! B)

I just received my new ROO. Since getting the one from UBI I was amazed at not only the quality of the watch, but that I could find no real QC issues. Then the little incident with the clasp, which was a fairly easy fix...

The one I received today has some issues. First the markers do not reset EXACTLY to the 12 oclock position. NOW, they are very close, but for a $600 replica, I think they should split the 12 oclock marker in half.

The next issue is with the screws on the case back... Every single one of mine look like they were installed with a much too small screw driver, and there are scratches and marks from where the screw driver turned in the slot. Not earth shattering, but again... not great.

And lastly, there is a nick/ding in the side of the watch right on the back edge. Not huge, but you can feel it with your finger and see it if you look closely.

Unfortunately, I can only fix the markers... I would need new screws and a new case to fix the other issues. Are others seeing such issues?

Is it worth sending it back and taking a chance with another one? Or shall I try to source some new case back screws and call it a day?

I will get some macro pics up later to show what I am attempting to describe.

T

Hi, I am new here, I too ordered the first batch of the ROO secs @ 12. Mine is White dial with grey sub. I received mine last Friday. I have a serious problem with the winding [censored], it seems as it was rubbed against some very harsh or rough surface, the [censored] also seemed not quite installed properly and feel quite loose. However, my dealer was very responsive on the issue and my new one is already on its way. Hopefully I can get it back today. Will let you know if I have any issues.

Speaking of the devil, my replacement just came in, this one is almost perfect, I have a tiny problem with the clasp, not a big one, I guess one of the pins on the clasp where you clip to tighten was on perfectly straight. Just need to be a little careful when putting it on, other than that and the usual date windows thingy, it is a great watch.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, I took the watch over to my new watch maker today. The screws are nothing special and he can get me a set for $12.

He is resetting the two subdial hands that are slightly off. And he said he can get rid of the nick in the case. It is shallow enough and on a beveled edge, so it will be easy for him to do.

While the watch was opened, he also confirmed that this movement has been serviced. Not only is it properly oiled, but it is extremely clean and as Lani had stated the seals are greased.

He is willing to removed the dial and paint the date surround black also.

All of this will be done later today (yes he is working on July 4th) and will cost me a whopping $105.

Maybe a few dollars more than sending it back, but I wont have to wait and I know what I will have in the end.

T

Just a heads up. I just received the white with gray subdials. I had brown (dried glue-like) spots around several of the numbers. The built in cyclops seemed to be pretty dirty. I was going to send it back, but rather than chance the customs risk (or cost) and the wait, my dealer is sending a new dial. I will have it installed and try to get the old one cleaned up as a spare.

Other than that, the movement is fine and my clasp is great

post-11951-1215296923_thumb.jpg