When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aigh Caramba - Rubber on rubber!

Prices are not up yet, where are you getting $588 from? ^_^

The watch should cost less than the full SS version......

I asked Joshua and he told me.

I think it's bcz of the rubber clad, that it's more expensive, and I bet that the complexity of the rubber strap (and conversion kit) is the reason why it's not cheaper to put it on rubber.

I don't believe that, it is just pushing the prices up and up, increasing their profit margins. Almost all other watches are cheaper in rubber, than SS...

SS: http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...8dc7c6bcfb1e71d

RB: http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...8dc7c6bcfb1e71d

Don't forget the older AP models had rubber straps too, there is no major price increase in using what they already had replicated from long ago......

Cheers! B)

I don't believe that, it is just pushing the prices up and up, increasing their profit margins. Almost all other watches are cheaper in rubber, than SS...

SS: http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...8dc7c6bcfb1e71d

RB: http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...8dc7c6bcfb1e71d

Don't forget the older AP models had rubber straps too, there is no major price increase in using what they already had replicated from long ago......

Cheers! B)

Yeah well - as long as there are someone dumb enough to buy it (read: you and I), they will push it as much as they can ;-)...

Yeah well - as long as there are someone dumb enough to buy it (read: you and I), they will push it as much as they can ;-)...

Not me, I won't drop over $600 on a replica watch :p

Maybe invest in a franken project, Swiss movement etc.....

But not a rubber strapped, modified Asain 7750 replica ;)

Not me, I won't drop over $600 on a replica watch :p

Maybe invest in a franken project, Swiss movement etc.....

But not a rubber strapped, modified Asain 7750 replica ;)

Well, I'm dumb enough then :-)

I'm not dumb enough to fall for the ceramic issue though. Because they just sky rocketed after having had another price initially. These APs were priced like this to begin with, they have an amazing finish (have one) and they needed to mod the movement to make it work...

Edited by Manitou

However these AP's are priced high, and going higher, even though common sense dictates a watch without the SS bracelet should cost less....

NEW ULTIMATE BARICHELLO REP:

secs at 12 like gen!

Titanium and carbon inserts

Low dollar

$26.000

GET ONE BEFORE YOUR NEIGHBOR!

Good question actually.

You'd assume, that it would be easy to swap another strap on them, when they have a rubber strap already.

Yes if it is already on a rubber strap, then you have those little lug connectors, I see no reason they could not be used on other straps B)

Depending on construction of the system, you might end up having to molest your rubber strap to make it work, but who cares if you will swap anyways :-)

Judging from the pictures, it looks like it will work though!

Edited by Manitou

Nice :)

32764410sh5.jpg

45463671cs8.jpg

I like the black dial with white subdials.....

These will be more expensive I bet, even though they have a rubber strap, not SS :p

These should wear smaller on the wrist too, no? B)

When on rubber the gen seems to hug the wrist much better and it does not feel so big as when on gator.

Cheers

Oh my, the AP ROO is one of my favourite watch, my problem is going to be choosing which one to finally purchase, the all back on steel, or the black rubberclad, decisions decisions!!

you forgot the option of whaiting for more versions :)