When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Skyland is finally up

bollobandit

I feel like I'm in some type of paradox where perfect can be had at only a fraction of the price...I mean, i am still in the thinking that:

"Oh my god! I can't believe they've made a $3500 item available for only 10% of cost! I mean, what, pray tell, is wrong with the rep? It can't be that PERFECT! If it looks good for only $298, I wonder if the quality is comparable inside the watch (movement excluded)."

How many of you share my thoughts?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand it guys.

Everyone here is saying its a 'steal' at $300. Why? it has a standard asian 7750 movement, IMO $300 is still too expensive.

An example for comparison the PAM 212/253 is now going for $218, same movement and then gen costs $8,000 or something.

Come on, if dealers read this which they will, and people are saying "Its as steal" the price will go up.

I think most of you need to rethink your ideas on pricing!

Looks great, i agree with ajoe. If it were priced @ 300 on the pro2 it would be a steal, on rubber its a bit much. But overall this rep looks great! Throw it on some leather and it's really nice looking but i prefer the SS. I can't tell from the dealer pics, but is there a lume dot @ 12 in the triangle? On my gen the triangle is lumed, no dot. Here's my gen aswel for reference

sky7-1.jpg

skylandbook.jpg

Edited by UB7

I wonder how the lume is? The datewheel is a great extra and imagine if it used proper lume then I think it would be the best selling watch for certain! As it stands it just doesn't look right from the pictures when compared to Italiano's genuine. His is super shiny whereas the rep looks very bland and matte by comparison..

Just got this reply from Andrew:

Me: Is the Skyland ready for sale? Are the pics prototype shots or shots of the finished product? The reason I ask is becasue the lume dot at 3 o clock is rather bad (only half a dot).

Andrew: The Lume at 3:00 is supposed to be half a lume. Thanks

So I doubt wether the dot will be fixed...... Just an other flaw we have to live with.

Just had the same reply about the lume attached to my tracking number...I think the prototype is exactly the same as the 'production' model. Still got that exited feeling though, i have been waiting soooo long for this one. I will post detailed pics when it arrives.

Be lucky all :)

I wish they would just use Google for reasearch, i cant find one with a half lume dot anywhere, any one else, if this is made from a gen peice then they, well i dont know what then but it smacks of bull to me.

I can't edit my previous post for some reason but I noticed something else but again, it's very hard to tell from the dealer pics. The subdials on my gen have half of the circle guiolloch'd and the other half the same color as the dial. When I zoom in on the dealer pics, it's very hard to see if they did the guilloching on half of the circle on all of the subdials. It appears they did this, but it is not nearly as pronounced as it is on my gen. We'll just have to wait and see when someone has this beautiful rep in their hands. As you can see in the pic below, the darker half of the subdial is very visible and doesn't seem to be so much on the rep

skyclose.jpg

Edited by UB7

I'll bet that this rep. piece wiil be just s shinny as the genuine.. the makers pics never do the reps justice .. too much sturation takin out.

I think the price is resonable ... we';; have to wait and see wait and see approach

I think the price is OK , and the general look is very good, but the two flaws of the half dot at 3 and the "extra" dot on the triangle at @ 12 are very obvious when you are aware of them.

The flaws are what i call 2meter flaws its a easy thing to spot and even non watch nuts now about breiltings and may have tried it at a AD.

this one its screaming "hello my name is replica" i have comperd to my gen photos of one i had sometime ago.

Cheers

The flaws are what i call 2meter flaws its a easy thing to spot and even non watch nuts now about breiltings and may have tried it at a AD.

this one its screaming "hello my name is replica" i have comperd to my gen photos of one i had sometime ago.

Cheers

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. This one does not scream replica at all, they did a really good job repping this one. I have the gen on my wrist as we speak and any non-watch enthusiast would never be able to tell this was a replica unless your face is 2cm from the dial - even then so any non-watch savy person would not be able to tell. Again, it's hard to gauge how good of a rep this is from the dealer pics alone but I suspect that this one will be a very, very good replica even with the few minor flaws.

Edited by UB7

Got this reply about the bracelet below. No bracelets available as spares now on the other Breitlings....so....we'll see.

No reply yet on the hour dot at 12 and 3 o'clock. Looks like V1 "tells" that won't get fixed until V2. Still pretty darn good though.

Hi Alan,

Bracelet .. Likely in about 2 months.

yes.. I will be able to sell the bracelets as spare.

joshua

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. This one does not scream replica at all, they did a really good job repping this one. I have the gen on my wrist as we speak and any non-watch enthusiast would never be able to tell this was a replica unless your face is 2cm from the dial - even then so any non-watch savy person would not be able to tell. Again, it's hard to gauge how good of a rep this is from the dealer pics alone but I suspect that this one will be a very, very good replica even with the few minor flaws.

Yeah i agree i was little hot on the sauce ;) but i think they are not minor flaws to be honest.

I em just tierd of the Chinese mini flaws, if i did not now better i woud think they have some agrement whit the swiss to put always some flaws on reps :lol:

...if i did not now better i woud think they have some agrement whit the swiss to put always some flaws on reps...

I heard this theory from someone else as well. Almost makes you wonder why there is always a "tell" when they have a gen as a sample and have computer aided precision machining available.

I heard this theory from someone else as well. Almost makes you wonder why there is always a "tell" when they have a gen as a sample and have computer aided precision machining available.

This "conspiracy" theory is very old but it makes some sense, since every rep seems to have flaws, some of them are just stupid and so easy to observe and fix before going to massive production.

FXR, it 100% will not fit. The only reason I know this is because i purchased my skyland on a leather strap and than ordered the Pro II a week later. Well, my AD accidentally ordered me a SFSO bracelet instead of the right pro II for my skyland. I told them to try and put it on, and it did not fit because of the lug ends which are curved on the steelfish, but straight across on the skyland. look at the picture below of mine

skyband.jpg

Edited by UB7