When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Skyland is finally up

bollobandit

Here we go!

Angus broke down the rep game so I now have a better picture, let's just say that I believe in free trade and competition, and don't like price fixing so Angus will always be my dealer going forward. The Cartel is more interested in price fixing and without pushing the envelope with making the best. There are 2 schools of thought here, making something the best from the beginning(like the HBB) which Angus pushes for, or coming out with something good, then improve upon allowing the dealers to sell generation after generation and lots and lots of reps(cartel). I prefer doing it right from the beginning.

Source:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...18&hl=angus

Now that is no proof! but I still believe in it..everyone who isnt blind would have noticed these flaws!... so I am not interested in supporting this kind of business by sending 300$ !

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is quite a way to stir up the pot!! Wonder if Josh or Andrew can attest to these accusations? I agree that with the technology and know how from these factories that a true 1:1 watch should be no problem to produce as long as the base 7750 movement is the same as the gen. I have always wondered about this.

See my new post please below...

If they have the gen watch, then they know first hand the exact size of the case and the dial lume configuration. There is no need to have these flaws, and to my eyes they are glaring ones....

The Evo with updated DW is better than this, and cheaper too.....

Sorry you're saying these 12 and 3 lume dot flaws are "glaring"? Or is there something else I'm missing here? We'll know soon enough if the rep has the 44mm or correct 45mm case.

If we had these reps 2 years ago we would be the happiest collectors alive. Don't forget we are dealing with reps and with reps come flaws. I don't mind.....

I think I am not expecting too much in general. nowhere have i complained about bad finish on my SFSO, movement scratches on my 111h or about the wrong datefont on my Nautilus. Until now ;)

But these flaws appear to me as if they were made by intention. This is what i THINK, not a fact stated by me ;)

2 years this would have been great - of course.

So I have no right to complain about my cellphone on which the display only works in Black/white? Because 2 years ago.... ;)

Just kidding... I am simply not buying this watch just like I have not bought hundreds of other watches :p

Edited by piratedzeus

I am curious to know exactly how many rep factories there are manufacturing the same model of watch? You are right about Angus, I am very happy with the reps I have purchased from him. I don't see a need for multiple versions of the same model of watch. Regular, Perfect, 1:1, Ultimate, 4th gen...... When does it end?

Here we go!

Source:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...18&hl=angus

Now that is no proof! but I still believe in it..everyone who isnt blind would have noticed these flaws!... so I am not interested in supporting this kind of business by sending 300$ !

Sorry you're saying these 12 and 3 lume dot flaws are "glaring"? Or is there something else I'm missing here? We'll know soon enough if the rep has the 44mm or correct 45mm case.

The dial is the most important part of the watch, and for me those two flaws would draw my eye and ruin the watch for me, let alone the case size being wrong........ I did not buy the first Breitling Heritage due to the "P" and "A" alignment, the Skyland's flaws are more numerous and much worse than that....

However drop a gen dial in there (if it fits) and you would have a great replica though ;)

Why get this Skyland when you can get the Evo? The Evo has a fantastic dial, without any lume dots chopped in half, or placed where they should not be..... :lol:

As for the dealer emails and "prototype" issues, that's just out right lying, if all the watches turn out to have the same dial issues as the dealer pictures.........

Cheers! B)

Geez guys, why are you trying to create some kind of scandal out of this? The thought that J&A are trying to pass off a recycled Chrono Avenger as the new Skyland is ridiculous. Firstly, if they had used the Avenger case, don't you think this would have been ready months ago? Secondly, the SS Avenger was 43mm, the Skyland is 44mm, and the gen is 45mm. Thirdly, pictures don't lie.

Look at the shape around the crown, sort of a rounded, smooth edge...

7.jpg

Now look at the hard edges around the Skyland crown. Definitely different...

3a0218dd6db31e7ad083848cb8794136.image.750x498.JPG

Also, the existing Chrono Avenger Pearl is perfect. Why would they go through the expense of producing a less accurate pearl? My guess is that the Skyland is produced in a different factory altogether.

As for the 44mm dimension? LOL, I remember when the Navitimer was released. Every dealer had the same watch, but the measurements ranged from 40mm to 43mm. My guess is that the half lume dot will be unnoticeable to the naked eye (they are pretty [censored] small) and will likely be easily fixable with a trip to The Zigmeister. Lets face it, the lume on most Breit reps has sucked anyway.

So if you weren't going to buy this one in the first place, don't come here and [censored] about these minor flaws and try and promote your own agendas. Go buy the Skyland from Angus if that will make you happier :p

My "agenda" B):D

Forget it, some people mentioned that these flaws were made by intention .... I linked to a post where a information concerning this was posted.... and did my own decision. Now stop calling me "bitching" or talking about my "agenda".

Thanks!

Thanks for the proof about the Avenger case anyway - I thought the same as you did .... wrong measurements.

Edited by piratedzeus

No scandal or agenda here, just silly easily avoidable flaws ruining a good watch, a watch I was looking forward to buying....

I had hoped the dealer emails regarding it being a prototype pictured were true, but it seems they were not, at least from what I have read eleswhere. We will soon see when the member reviews arrive.....

Cheers! B)

I don't mind people chatting about flaws. Speculating that these particular dealers purposely build in flaws simply to profit is just ridiculous however.

Look, one of the most successful reps ever, the UPO, has two glaring flaws, much worse than the Skyland IMO, but people were happy. I get the feeling that there are a lot of anti cartel people, who will criticize this watch no matter how good it is. If Angus had commissioned this watch, maybe it would be better, maybe it wouldn't. But the simple fact is that he didn't bring this one to market. Josh and Andrew did, and I think they should be commended for that. They also brought us a great Heritage model, much nicer than what was previously available. They have strived to ensure that their Breits have double AR and correct date fonts, which no other dealer seemed to care about.

As a Breitling fan, I'll say that the Skyland is really a step forward!

Speculating that these particular dealers purposely build in flaws simply to profit is just ridiculous however.

I never said they did ;)

I just think that it's so close to a perfect replica, it's just a shame the it has been ruined (for me) by the lume dot issue, everytime you check the date, it will be there. I could live with just the triangle 12 dot.......

Such an easy fix, you have to hope the next batch will be corrected.....

Cheers! B)

Bravo !!!.. Well said Andreww .. coming from a veteran member and one who has been through all the controversies ...

a good reputaion is easily torn down .. a negative reputation or reputed negative is not easily corrected .. no matter how hard one tries...

there is alway's a great deal of speculation on threads that "anticipate" the new arrival... so for me,.. I like to wait on the "arrival" of the actual rep piece.. these threads alway's seem to escalate like an angy "mob".. looking for a lynching ....

Or maybe it's that time of day and too much Caffine !!!! :rolleyes:

should be another day or two before we see the first ones touching down in the US.. so maybe everyone can "hang tight" ... start another thread on the next rep we can demolish before arrival... :lol:

Too true Lankai, I really wish that it was a prototpe pictured, if not, I hope they correct it soon....

I think we can all agree that dealers should not lie just to make a sale, right? I mean if it turns out that all the watches are as pictured, then what was all the "prototype" email stuff all about then?

Cheers! ^_^

Hey Mickey, regarding that half lume dot, I was looking at my chrono avenger yesterday and those dots are small. Really, I have good eyes and I couldn't tell if mine was whole, or partially cut off by the date window. I really don't think this will be as much of an issue as some think it is.

@Lan - I think its a good thing to support your favorite dealer, but you can't simply trash everybody else and what they do because of it. As you know I've had my issues with J&A, but that was in the past and IMO the have made great steps forward. I judge every watch as I see it, and not by who it comes from.

And while we are on the subject of the lume dots, here is my theory as to why they did this. In studying the dots on my CA I've always marveled at how perfectly spherical these dots are. Each one appears to be identical in size as well. Am I to believe that this masterful application of lume was done my the same twits that couldn't equally fill the hour markers on the SFSO?

I theorize that the dots are actually manufactured half spheres that are applied to the dial as hardened pieces, not as a liquid. On the gen you will notice that the lume dot at the 3:00 marker is about half the size of the other 10, so a full dot would not fit. Rather than go through the expense of trying to conventionally lume that one dot and the 12:00 marker, they just decided to use a half dot, and a full dot on the 12.

Yeah it is really small to be sure. Everyone is different, some mind, others don't, there is no right or wrong :)

I just have to ration myself as to what I do, or don't buy. else I would end up with twice as many watches as I already do! :lol:

That means I have to set the bar high as to what replicas I purchase B)

Too true Lankai, I really wish that it was a prototpe pictured, if not, I hope they correct it soon....

I think we can all agree that dealers should not lie just to make a sale, right? I mean if it turns out that all the watches are as pictured, then what was all the "prototype" email stuff all about then?

Cheers! ^_^

This is a fact of life MP.. weather it be reps .. genuines.. I had the Rolex AD saleperson tell me the most bizzare untruths to the GMTIIc.... that would make anything the rep dealers say appear to be the "Ten Commandments" ...I have heard Jaguar and Ferrari and yes even Tiffany's "Sales people" .. come out with the most outlandish BS.. all for what ... Sales my friend ..

The world is no different and neither are the people when it comes to sales.. weather genuine diamond or CZ ... human nature takes over.. so please don't think we are the first nor the last that will be told "misdirection" by sales people.. especially if one puts them against the wall

The better thing to do is ask the Q... then filter the A ... and make decisions based on that ... it sometimes is a game of Chess or Poker ... but to cry foul means you don't have any options ... which we do ..

I am not "blindly loyal" ... if there is a mistruth... then I need to see through the naivete of thinking that everyone is alway's going to tell the truth... I try and live by the commandments and the "golden Rule".. but put me in front of a Judge .. and who knows what story I would come up with .. although the last time that happened I stuck with the truth and was let off.. so go figure

ask the question.. take the answer with a grain of salt at times. ... this is life MP.. B)

and these reps will not be "perfect" but our expectations are sometimes unrealistic for it not being a genuine.. IMO

I understand where you are coming from Lani 100% :)

I myself work in sales, in an electrical retailer. I guess I just hold people to my own standards. I do not BS my customers, I give the best advice I can, no half truths or bending of facts..... Probably a rarity in my line of work :p

Still if I purchased this watch and was told I would receive a corrected dial, as the pictures were of a prototype, I would be rightly pi*sed off about it, should the watch not be as sold.....

Cheers! B)

I understand where you are coming from Lani 100% :)

I myself work in sales, in an electrical retailer. I guess I just hold people to my own standards. I do not BS my customers, I give the best advice I can, no half truths or bending of facts..... Probably a rarity in my line of work :p

Still if I purchased this watch and was told I would receive a corrected dial, as the pictures were of a prototype, I would be rightly pi*sed off about it, should the watch not be as sold.....

Cheers! B)

Yup.. your a good and honourable gent MP... but the world is not that way.. we can only hold "ourselves" to those standards... trying to find a honest contractor in today's world .. better to believe the polititians... :D

so my mantra is.. I' have to "see" when I have the rep in hand... we alway's hope for the very best .. that's why Our "expectations" are let down.. gotta practice.. "open hand" easier said than done though...

off to the gym .. then ma favourite time o day... LUNCH!!

have a great day All!!

Just a heads up guys,

Angus posted THIS on repgeek a few minutes ago,

basically it says that another maker will be bringing out the skyland soon which should be more faithful than the one that the twins are offering

this could have been mentioned before in this thread but with so many ego filled posts i must admit i skimmed though the pages

anyway, hope this give you prospective buyers food for thought

Suspected as much, explains the numerous conversations I've had with Angus about the Skyland dating back to last November - knew he must have been feeding the info somewhere, didn't make sense that the Twins would commission the only one.

So, we have another version on the horizon - and this time the SS bracelet comes first? :Jumpy:

Sadly like Andreww says, it's too similar to my Chrono Avenger, so will likely wait for the Black Steel but you never know.....:D