When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Puretimes Skyland

watchmannen

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hooray! Our prayers have been answered!! lol

The grey one looks good, though on the blue one, there is a colour mismatch on the main hands. Not being picky, just an observation! :D

...and

"ALL parts interchangeable with the original"

Edited by Importr

Lume dot at 3 is still crap and looks applied off center as well.

Am I alone in thinking the pearl looks better?

The pearl IS better, it has its own "bezel".

Re: the lume dot @ 3 Angus does state though, that the one pictured will be improved upon....?

Edit: I have another point or two in the interests of Quality control

The grey dial hands need to match the dial (as with the blue)

The tang buckle, the stamping of the Wings logo looks worse than the previous version buckle. This would need to be sharpened up if any straps were to be sold?

Please??? :)

Edited by Importr

From the same crappy lume applier as the SOSF :yuk: ..... I rather have 1 half dot than 12 misaligned dots LOL. I also think the graphite dial doesn't look right, just can't put my finger on it?

I have a V1 on it's way but I will also buy the V2 when the bracelet comes out. Maybe combine some parts and do a comparative review.... For now? Can't wait to have the V1 in my hands :D

Clearly puretimes version is better after looking at UB7's gen compare pic. The lume application is not that big of deal it can be quickly corrected with a trip to The Zigmeister or someone else for a lume job.

And it's cheaper on top of all that?....not sure what more we want here?

I know a few members were actually considering buying the gen of this watch, some im trying my best to illustrate the minute differences between the rep and the gen (from the pics at least)..This is as good as it gets guys!! The average person would never be able to tell the difference, a trip to The Zigmeister to fix the lume and it would be perfect! The only thing i've noticed is the lugs, which taper down a little to quickly on the rep and seem a bit too angular, whereas on the gen its a smooth curve.. what this equates to (when the pro2 is released) is the lug ends sticking up a bit from the case, at least this is what i suspect - i think this was a problem on the nearly perfect SFSO..Again, this is really picking it apart, like i said this is as good as it gets. Good thing i held out on the v1 because i'm getting myself the blue 1 of these..This is so you guys can see what im talking about, my gens on the left

sideview-1.jpg

Edited by UB7

I had my Skyland on order last week from the HBB maker (all collectors will have the HBB version) .. so this was no surprise .. but I did order the Blue dial from the current release...

it is out of customs and I will pick it up Thursday morning .. if however another member will have theirs before then (because of the time zones) and before I spend time duplicating this for pics. PLEASE !!! give a ..HOLLA!!!!! I plan my day ... gym,.. lunch everything around this fact .. and there are not enough hours in the day to accomidate this for me.. but I make time..

So as a courtesy and also.... no sense in racing to see who can post pics.. please let me know and I will acquiesces to any member who would like to have honours .. since I can have the hours available for a hundred different things..

thanks in Advance ... and thank you UB.. we got a guy on the inside .. so to speak with his Genuine !! U da MAN !!!

Aloha ~ Cheers

Lani

good stuff ub7. very good quick comparison. i agree, i am also worried about the bracelet....for this and also the new super

avenger, which should be out any day now. if the bracelet is like the fish i will be disappointed. breitlings bracelets are

top notch and very comfortable to wear.