When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

(not so) funny story

swemoose

Like many others I have been trying to get a hold of a Pam 187. Just to entertain my own morbid curiosity I decided to use one of the new sellers offering the thing on TRC/RWG 1. Started off asking the "seller" if he knew if there was a 7753 version in the works already, his reply; "I have it". I'm thinking let's move forward. I ask the guy for pictures and he sends me pics, great pics, really good pics. The date wheel is nice and snug and all I want is to stand up and yell; YATZY!! Later that same day I am browsing the posts over on RWG1/TRC and find this link, http://homepage.mac.com/mediaplays/PhotoAlbum44.html . Same pictures sent over by the "seller", later that day he sends me this e-mail,

Hi, here is my web site .

http://shopping.e-conveni.net/index.html?cart_num=1743

All watches are mine

I have big business in Japan.

Of course, the watch you will get the same as the pictures

Thanks

The website is Watchonpo......

Some people will go to extreme lengths to scam people...............

moose

If it really is Watchonpo, it should be one helluva watch. The guy, from my understanding, works the watches himself. Sets them up the way he feels is the best, mods them himself. Only thing else I caught is he only sells in Japan. I was just over at TRC, who is he listed as there??

B

seriously, i think its your own fault then if you got ripped off! i even opened topics stating "BEWARE OF SELLER" at RWG!

that guy only made ONE post and he offered a 187 at PG2, even my untrained eye spotted the scam right away

well, i'm just saying, if someone on brooklyn tells you "hey,pssst, i have some nice rolexes in my coat... only 100$, 100% genuine!! and definetly not stolen!" you would agree, that it would be ones own fault if he baught that watch and later discovered it was either stolen or a replica!

Hey Moose,

Ok, I'm not into Pans at all, & I don't read Japanese, and also can't translate ????????????? all over the website . . . . .

Is the line in your original post:

"The website is Watchonpo......"

yours ???

I understand the link to the site doesn't say watchonpo, but, somewhere in one of my browsers favorites, I do have the link to watchonpo. Been a while since I've checked it out, and mainly dismissed it when I found out he would only sell in Japan. It was probably somewhere on the old RWG that I read the posts, and do remember about him going over each of his watches. Sure seems like he didn't carry a whole lot compared to other dealers around here though. Lucky thing you checked out that other link and caught the same pics. I also seem to remember a number of old posts with people catching scammers using pics taken off gen sales on ebay, and I even remember some scammer using pics they stole off one of our trusted dealer's sites!

Good Catch!

Brian