When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why RWI has removed Josh and Andrew as dealers

seanf

Yeah, it is my understanding it takes 10 months or so to turn one out - and I'm not saying it does "make it so", but I thought maybe it was valuable to communicate what I am hearing from those guys. If the group would rather not hear what I am hearing, say the word...

No offense RobbieG, Andrew stating "I'm the reason we have every 1:1 project" does not make it so. It takes quite a while for many of these 1:1 projects to launch, and there are a few dealers that know... Most just don't go around stating it is their doing.

And this, Robbie, is why we're taking what you say with a big grain of salt.

RobbieG is the master of repeating what he "heard" The truth is I doubt he owns more than one Rep. All he does is read the boards and repeat hearsay with no real first hand knowledge.

I have read what he has been posting about Josh and Andrew and I can say with authority he is guessing and in most instances is dead wrong.

Take it for what it is worth...

Oh yeah - JETMID LIVES!!!!!

Edited by jake48

Yup, all interconnected and that is supposedly theirs too. This is why we can't make sense of it. Maybe sometimes Josh takes a piece of the factory action even if he doesn't release it first? Who knows what they are all doing over there which has been what I keep saying. We have no idea. Actually I just heard that the Skyland was theirs too after all but then something happened with the HBB guys which he didn't go into. Others were the Porsche 6 and The Fish as well. Sometimes the factory does a watch and CHOOSES the best dealer to run it out to for those exclusivity price reasons I keep alluding too. Makes sense no? I know of two more MAJOR cool projects in the pipeline right now that they are doing as well. How, when and by what method the release will be is something I have no idea of. I'm not trying to be a conduit to Josh here though guys. I'm just repeating what I am being told without revealing anything they ask me not to. You all have their email addy's. Don't take my word for it. Drop them a line and ask. All I know is that 1:1 project watches is something that J&A have done in the past and continue to be very interested in.

Im starting to wonder where you are getting all your strange information from? Some of us know exactly whats going on over there B)

The skyland issue: the cartel comissioned the skyland from a factory.. was supposed to be 1:1 but the factory messed it up. The HBB factory quickly introduced a MUCH better version2 skyland and killed the V1 factory sales. Thats why the cartel now sells the V1 with better V2 dial installed and a free bracelet. But you can still get the real V2 from ANgus for less money. Angus helped with the V2 skyland and also the new Super Avenger... Angus is the guy to watch out for in the next while. Hes got some cool things happening.

I think we're getting a little off topic here with all this factory "who dunit" talk. :)

Nice to see you LOS. Do you have something to add or would the WE-KNOW-CAL family like to continue to discuss my personal business somemore? How about my income again? Now that was a fun topic...

I did licence this photo recently actually, funny you should mention it...

PO4.jpg

...and I am going to try to put together a watch pictorial gallery show just for fun here in Florida soon as well. In fact, others here will be asked to contribute some of their great images including Pugwash and ByTor by the way. You are welcome to as well if you have anything. It won't be until fall though...

I am just surprised that Robbie is so in touch with GZ and what is going in the rep world when he is so busy negotiating big pictorial contracts and licensing with some pretty big companies and a gallery...

@robbieg.... when you're talking on RWG, you are talking to the top of the rep food chain... you are talking to people who are in the know... who have been on the ground in GZ... who have walked up to the MBK stall...

they are replica experts...meaning, they're smarter than your average bear...

He is now cruising on his outerspace trip, experiencing zero gravity, having a private room at ISS and watching this post closely from there!

Be careful, he is watching you from up there :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I know I shouldn't really care about this, but it seems to me that the RG admin is slagging both RWI and RWG with this statement:

After all the slagging RWI has done? Pot, this is kettle: take a look in the mirror.

Alright, look, now you guys are starting to turn this into pissing contest and putting me at the center of somehow communicating false info. What gives? And how could YOU possibly know what is really going on over there? We are all just meshing ideas dude. Like I said, I'm asking the source about these things and I didn't give them a fu*ck&ing polygraph. I'm sorry my fact finding mission is falling this way. Just trying to help undedrstand what is happening with all this stuff. Here is where I got the info - from emails today where I was provided simple answers to simple questions:

Hi,

The GMT is bought by the maker.. Not me..

I contributed other watches.. The skyland, Posche 6, Steelfish Heritage and a few more upcoming ..

joshua

...and from Andrew:

The others that we bought was the Skyland Avenger and the Super Ocean Heriatge... but Skyland was in the end clashed with the maker of HBB.. =P

Im starting to wonder where you are getting all your strange information from? Some of us know exactly whats going on over there B)

The skyland issue: the cartel comissioned the skyland from a factory.. was supposed to be 1:1 but the factory messed it up. The HBB factory quickly introduced a MUCH better version2 skyland and killed the V1 factory sales. Thats why the cartel now sells the V1 with better V2 dial installed and a free bracelet. But you can still get the real V2 from ANgus for less money. Angus helped with the V2 skyland and also the new Super Avenger... Angus is the guy to watch out for in the next while. Hes got some cool things happening.

I think we're getting a little off topic here with all this factory "who dunit" talk. :)

Alright, look, now you guys are starting to turn this into pissing contest and putting me at the center of somehow communicating false info. What gives? And how could YOU possibly know what is really going on over there?

You have to be prepared to believe that there are people in this hobby who have a much greater understanding than you.

This isn't a personal attack, it's just a statement of fact. :)

Yeah, it is my understanding it takes 10 months or so to turn one out - and I'm not saying it does "make it so", but I thought maybe it was valuable to communicate what I am hearing from those guys. If the group would rather not hear what I am hearing, say the word...

This is classic RobbieG - posting long rambling posts in an effort to raise his credibility and making statements with the intent to sound like he knows what he is talking about. As soon as he gets called out he starts with the "Fine I'll take my ball and go somehwere else" BS - Next will come the stories of 7 figure incomes, exotic cars, "friends" with million dollar watch colections etc -

Really... Why are you peddaling this BS?

You really didn't think people here were going to buy the overinflated view you have of yourself did you?

Edited by jake48

Alright, look, now you guys are starting to turn this into pissing contest and putting me at the center of somehow communicating false info. What gives? And how could YOU possibly know what is really going on over there?

not trying to start a pissing contest at all...I'm simply correcting the incorrect information being posted.

And how do I know whats going on over there? Well, along with seanf, takashi, Legendofspeed, supermanX etc, we are Moderators/Admin at RWI and we know exactly whats going on in GZ, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the cartel and their "little white lies" :)

We care about THIS forum also and thats why we are here.

dizz

Add edit : Lets try and stay on topic please guys :)

I am seriously considering really trying to become the character you want me to be Jake. Like, instead of telling the truth about just being a guy who has fallen on some dumb luck and is doing a little better I should push it really hard and maybe say for instance that it is me, not my friend with a hundred piece, million dollar watch collection and that I live in a mansion on the beach. Instead of being a trader who launched a moderately successful fund, I could be like a sovereign weath fund guy with 30 Ferrari's and $30B under management who buys a house every day in a different color and I have never been to any of them. Fun stuff. No, not really...

And all because once upon a time I said my Rolex AD wouldn't think I was a rep guy because I had bought 8-10 watches from him over a 10 year period totalling 100k or so just to illustrate a point. Not 100k last week mind you, but over a long period of time. Or that I said I had had some luck recently and my income had quadrupled - again as an illustration that I would not be a guy who my AD wouldn't take seriously. No "...hey, good for you man..." "Happy for your new found success..." All the things I hear from my freinds, but evil condecending comments designed to hold me out as a braggart. And now I'm being compared to Jet - something - or - other who I'm not familiar with who is I guess some guy who brags alot or something? Ok fine. I get it. Oh and one more thing. Not so long ago I was a guy who found this place because all I could afford was a CN Sub rep and I loved it. And I found a source for true watch nuts like myself and made a lot of friens and even though my life has changed and I'm fortunate enough to buy more gens, I'm still here. Because this is where the watch talk is. And so it goes that because of a few statements taken out of context I get burned at the stake basically for no other reason than I admitted to making more money in a thread and saying (and showing in pictorials) that I continue to add gen watches to my collection which I truly enjoy working on and trying to become a better artist and share with you all. I can't imagine what would posses you Jake to torch me out like you are over that and I don't think you have any idea how much its hurts man. Not trying to get mushy, but to get painted like that when it isn't who you are is just sucky man. If I'm guilty of anything it is of exactly what Pugwash has said which is that I don't think before I open my mouth. Having a little more dough is new to me so I guess I just don't realize that you have to watch what you say so people don't take it as bragging. Trust me. I'm not. In my business if I were not humble I would go broke in an afternoon which is why it is hard for me to understand why anyone would think I am arrogant. I just come off that way I guess with the way I write. And in my world I'm also the littlest and poorest guy incidentally. Anyway, sorry to muck up another thread but man I just wish you guys would ease up on me. I'm trying to make it a source of boredom boost as I sit in my office and wait for trades but it is starting to wear a little thin.

RobbieG is the master of repeating what he "heard" The truth is I doubt he owns more than one Rep. All he does is read the boards and repeat hearsay with no real first hand knowledge.

I have read what he has been posting about Josh and Andrew and I can say with authority he is guessing and in most instances is dead wrong.

Take it for what it is worth...

When have I ever held myself out as more knowledgeable than anyone about anything? It is a fact. It is important in any discussion to consider all the possibel angles in a competitive system like the rep biz and all I ever do is:

a) communicate what i am hearing from a dealer an AD or whoever I am personally connected to

B) offer words of different thought processes to consider in something that is happening a world away and we can't possibly know all the facts about

I have no alterior motives here. Just trying to consider all the angles like anyone else.

You have to be prepared to believe that there are people in this hobby who have a much greater understanding than you.

This isn't a personal attack, it's just a statement of fact. :)

Edited by RobbieG

no personal attacks here please guys.. this is actually a very serious topic and i dont want admin to lock it up :) Lets really try to stay on topic

Pug, I have to ask. Where is this coming from? What is boastful talk of gens? I have bought (and photographed maybe 5 or 6 so far) a lot of genuine watches lately. So what? You said yourself, if you won the lottery you would never buy another rep. Well I did win the lottery and I'm not buying any reps right now. So what, now I'm just some d*ck who isn't welcome here who is a blowhard if he refers to, talks about, mentions plans for future purchases of, or photographs genuine watches?

Robbie, with all his boastful talk of his gens, is the new JetMid. Just take everything he says with a large pinch of salt.
Edited by RobbieG

Has anyone tried to contact Andrew or Josh to come out in the open and comment on these accusations? There must be a great deal of concern with them, knowing that this issue will have an impact on their business. I have only been with the forums for a year and a half and a lot has evolved since then. I bought 90% of my reps from A&J and have been quite satisfied for the most part. With all this info on the table it makes me very leary though. I have tried Angus, Jay and Davidson and they have been great. I don't know if their attitude is so cavalier that they don't care about RWG or RWI. RG seems oblivious to this issue and seem to dwell on happy times of rep collecting. Do they know things that we don't? I have really enjoyed this hobby for the short time I have been around and spent close to 20K with A&J. It makes me wonder if that money would have been better spent somewhere else?

This Thread has run its course. We as a Team were not terribly excited when it was started here as it was a RWI action and not a RWG action. However, we try our best to always allow open discussion and not practice censorship. At this time we believe that all that have an opinion have spoken. These last few posts are now nothing but personal attacks. If you would like to further debate these things please feel free to post on the Original Thread at RWI.

Thanks,

RWG Admin Team