When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland v2 rep vs. genuine comparison

UB7

Figured i'd put this in a new post so by-tor can link this in the breitling sticky. I put together some quick and dirty comparison shots of my gen slate grey skyland and dave_nyc's rep. Hope this helps anyone who's on the fence about this rep. Besides the lume, this rep looks almost identical. Definitely one of the most accurate rep's we have seen in awhile. Enjoy :D

repgen1.jpg

genrep2.jpg

genrep9.jpg

genrep4.jpg

genrep5.jpg

genrep6.jpg

genrep7.jpg

genrep8.jpg

• Like 1

Great comparison shots !! :1a:

Couple of things I noticed: the pearl on the rep looks larger than the gen and the "flying B" engraved on the clasp is noticeably different on the rep. I'm sure "in the flesh" these minor flaws are virtually invisible. I have the grey dial on order - can't wait !! :p

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see 9 fairly easy to spot differences in the close up dial shot.

A lot of them are the spacing from the numbers to the lume blobs, the most obvious is the difference between the 7 and the 5, on the gen as you'd expect they're uniform all round the dial, on the rep the 7 (like lots of others) is almost touching, and the 5 is far from touching.

Also the Bret logo is clearer on the gen, and most of the text below it looks a fraction smaller font on the gen, it just looks "right", and the date wheel font is also slightly too big on the rep, making it more difficult to read than the gen.

Lastly the bezel numbers and markers, on the gen they have a dark look at the bottom of them, a matt finish, on the rep they're glossy, they look pressed rather than milled.

Also the quarter hour markers on the bezel, they look as if they're part of the bezel on the rep and look as if they're separate items on the gen.

Just my views of course :)

• 4 months later...

I have a genuine and one thing to look for (and you don't need a genuine side by side to the rep to compare) is that the luminous dot next to the date is always a smaller dot than the other dots on the originals.

At least I hope it's an original LOL

Edited by Granox