When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bond SMP from King

whitestripes

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

man, if they make a correct case, i'd buy at least 5: SMP 300 Bond, SMP 300 GMT, SMP GMT sword hand, SMP 007 Black LE, and one more SMP 300 Bond as a spare! ;d

hell, i'd make the case myself if i had access to a 4-axis cnc machine!

somebody make this case PUH-LEASE!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jagleaso
Hmmm....who could that be? Hmmm...ME ME ME ME !!!!!!!!!

If it was a black dial or a bond it would have never left my collection ;)

So off she went and I was fine until I realized my dealers "same watch" had the wrong he valve we have all come to love so dearly :(

Wear it well triplehd!

And show us some freaking pics!

Guys I would, but the only way I could convince my wife to allow me to get it (yes, she hates our hobby with a passion due to all of the $$$$ I spend), I told her it could be my X-Mas gift this year from her. She agreed - only if I didnt wear it until X-Mas (suprise surprise, right ?). Relentlessly, I agreed. Couldnt pass this baby up. However, when she's away at grad school, I'll take some quick pics....but please - dont tell her :)

Guys I would, but the only way I could convince my wife to allow me to get it (yes, she hates our hobby with a passion due to all of the $$$$ I spend), I told her it could be my X-Mas gift this year from her. She agreed - only if I didnt wear it until X-Mas (suprise surprise, right ?). Relentlessly, I agreed. Couldnt pass this baby up. However, when she's away at grad school, I'll take some quick pics....but please - dont tell her :)

:huh: A relentlessly agreeable horologist? I don't think I've ever seen one of those....

No, of course we won't tell her (unless you accidentally tell us where she goes to grad school..and her name)! ;)

• 5 weeks later...
i agree!

I'm still looking for a good rep of this SMP (2537.80.00?)

I'm not that concerned about the placement on the case, more so the accuracy of the face etc

Quite a few dealers carry (a rep of) that one, and they're as good as their 2531.80.00 ;)

Edited by f5mando

Quite a few dealers carry (a rep of) that one, and they're as good as their 2531.80.00 ;)

ya i have found a few, but i have been a bit hesitant i guess... never ordered a rep online :o

also i wish i could find someone that makes a quartz version... i really kinda prefer the whole "maintenance free" and accuracy aspect of quartz vs questionable automatics

Yeah, I have found a few, but I have been a bit hesitant, I guess... never ordered a rep online :o

Also, I wish I could find a quartz version. I really prefer the whole "maintenance free" and accuracy aspect of quartz..

:huh: Yes, er..ah..well, now..you raise a..hmm..er..whew! Now, let's start at the beginning, shall us?!

Firstly, it appears you're (what we fondly refer to as) a noobie. Welcome! :group::welcomeani:

Now, quartz-v-auto is a debate in itself, and as such (I believe) has its own thread. If not we should start one and name it appropriately, "Fred"(?) :headhurt:

As for never having bought online before, well..what can I say? We were all virgins once. Even the girls at the 'Kit Kat Klub'! That's what these fora are for-a (see what I did there)? Do yer readin' and researchin', and then yer buyin', and postin' - NOT forgetting to post photo's of your purchases, or we get very upset.. :aggressive:

:huh: Yes, er..ah..well, now..you raise a..hmm..er..whew! Now, let's start at the beginning, shall us?!

Firstly, it appears you're (what we fondly refer to as) a noobie. Welcome! :group::welcomeani:

Now, quartz-v-auto is a debate in itself, and as such (I believe) has its own thread. If not we should start one and name it appropriately, "Fred"(?) :headhurt:

As for never having bought online before, well..what can I say? We were all virgins once. Even the girls at the 'Kit Kat Klub'! That's what these fora are for-a (see what I did there)? Do yer readin' and researchin', and then yer buyin', and postin' - NOT forgetting to post photo's of your purchases, or we get very upset.. :aggressive:

yes i am indeed a noobie :)

i have searched a lot in the last few days and read what must be hundreds of threads, and FAQ, and "start here" guides so im a little... less clueless ;)

i actually own two reps i bought in china town... went with the GF last week and she *needed* to buy some rep purses, so we go through a movie-like-adventure and long story short i end up in a little basement in chinatown full of every kind of rep of anything you could ever want...

i didnt know much about watches besides, rolex is expensive, james bond wears an omega in the new movies, and patek philippe makes that 1.5mil watch lol

so i picked up these two... one an omega so its not too off topic i guess hehe...

nalanaabn.jpg

nalajaabn.jpg

the omega seemed a little off when i looked at it, and now looking at photos of real ones the differences are pretty apparant... and the patek is a fantasy, no similar watch actually exists, but thats ok i just bought it becuase it looks pretty not becuase of whos name it has on it (well, the patek, not the omega :D) plus at $120 for the pair I'm happy

also i dont want to start a war of mechanical (automatic) vs. electronic (quartz)... i just figure theres less variance in quarts movements (even cereal box watches keep time "ok" lol!) but from reading more and more about the movements they seem to be ok... i just worry becuase i would like a watch i can wear every day and not worry about knocking something out of wack...

Edited by tehflea

That Omega is also a fantasy watch. It wan't (as far as I know) ever in black. The crown guards (& I'm guessing the rest of the casing) are very Rolex-like. The gear you'll find through dealers here, as you'll see in the pictures of others' reps, are very close to the real thing, and generally of good quality. Don't take my word for it. Take the weekend to scour the boards. I'm sure some other members will pitch in soon with their thoughts.

If a decent case was ever to be made again I would likely get all four of these and I don't think I'd be the only member who would be likely to get a couple. The electric blue SMP is one of my favorite watches and I've only seen a couple of them change hands in the year and change that I've been on the forums. I've never been lucky enough or quick enough to grab one.

2je3x0.jpg

2q061aw.jpg

bdk2s9.jpg

2u44uox.gif

yes i am indeed a noobie :)

i have searched a lot in the last few days and read what must be hundreds of threads, and FAQ, and "start here" guides so im a little... less clueless ;)

i actually own two reps i bought in china town... went with the GF last week and she *needed* to buy some rep purses, so we go through a movie-like-adventure and long story short i end up in a little basement in chinatown full of every kind of rep of anything you could ever want...

i didnt know much about watches besides, rolex is expensive, james bond wears an omega in the new movies, and patek philippe makes that 1.5mil watch lol

so i picked up these two... one an omega so its not too off topic i guess hehe...

nalanaabn.jpg

nalajaabn.jpg

the omega seemed a little off when i looked at it, and now looking at photos of real ones the differences are pretty apparant... and the patek is a fantasy, no similar watch actually exists, but thats ok i just bought it becuase it looks pretty not becuase of whos name it has on it (well, the patek, not the omega :D) plus at $120 for the pair I'm happy

also i dont want to start a war of mechanical (automatic) vs. electronic (quartz)... i just figure theres less variance in quarts movements (even cereal box watches keep time "ok" lol!) but from reading more and more about the movements they seem to be ok... i just worry becuase i would like a watch i can wear every day and not worry about knocking something out of wack...

Your Omega is a pretty poor rep... Wrong color, wrong bezel, wrong CG's, wrong bracelet. That chinese street stuff. Take a look at this:

picture1hu5.png

w520.png

A swiss replica from ptswiss.com

Could you see the difference???

yes i said i didnt know anything about watches at the time, not that im an idiot

anyhow, does ptswiss have any prices on their site? all i can find are photos?

Take it easy my friend. If you wanna know the price you have to contact the dealer. No price catalog... Photos here: ptswiss.com