When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My holy grail.

thomasng

4965-6353.jpg

This is the watch I freaking love. I handled it in Paris, and it was an absolutely stunning watch, with the platinum case and the rose gold movement. Too bad it was something like 120,000 euros with zero discount available. FP Journe goes back to the basics with the tourbillon cage being reminiscent of a traditional Breguet, and incorporating rare complications such as the remontoir d'egalite and the dead seconds. SO when you handle it, the seconds moves like a quartz, which is actually kind of special.

I am so longing for this watch, that I am even tempted to sell my UN Freak off to buy it (Used of course).

Edited by thomasng

Wouldn't say it's my tasse de thé but a facinating timepiece.

One the main attractions of this place to me is learning about watches I would never have heard about otherwise. Here's a link to an article with lots of pictures of building the watch.

FP Journe

I still can't figure out what the 0-42 scale is for. Anyone?

Wouldn't say it's my tasse de thé but a facinating timepiece.

One the main attractions of this place to me is learning about watches I would never have heard about otherwise. Here's a link to an article with lots of pictures of building the watch.

FP Journe

I still can't figure out what the 0-42 scale is for. Anyone?

Power reserve...

Esmarc :pimp:

Sorry....whilst I appreciate the technical expertise of F.P......I can't see any real desigb flair in this.....try reading the time at 3.30 in the morning on this dial......power reserve is always nice to have on a watch...but not necessary.......same with a tourbillon.....a lot of money to watch a wheel going round.....forget about the accuracy...not required nowadays...your mobile phone is more accurate.....it seems to be design for the sake of design....same with the "Freak" and Richard Mille watches......JMHO...!

Personally I think this Certina has all the clarity and purpose of design that is necessary in a watch......!

5030-6317.jpg

Edited by TTK

Personally I think this Certina has all the clarity and purpose of design that is necessary in a watch......!

5040-6310.jpg

Picture didn't come up.

That watch admin likes is ok, but TTK is right.

Still, it is off-beat and different, and how many people will have one of those ? :Jumpy:

Most muggers round here would probably think it's a piece of junk and leave it with you :victory:

That's what's great about the non-"name" brands - not as well known but even more expensive. Too bad I can't afford a genuine!

But then again, buying mechanical watches nowadays is just as wrist-jewelry... so if this does it for you, no one can really argue. :D

But then again, buying mechanical watches nowadays is just as wrist-jewelry

You're perfectly correct.....but having your teeth gold plated and diamond set is mouth jewellery in the rap industry......NO?.......doesn't means it's attractive....!

Edited by TTK

You're perfectly correct.....but having your teeth gold plated and diamond set is mouth jewellery in the rap industry......NO?.......doesn't means it's attractive....!

True, people do whatever pleases them, even when others won't understand!

Isn't it all about what makes you happy? Much as I've tried, I just can't get excited about Pams 'cause I just don't like the way they look. (Flame-retardant suit is on.) For many, a watch is a highly personal choice. For me, they're like women - I like most of them. I say whatever floats your boat.

Some further info on this FP Journe watch, from the Wristwatch Annual.

Model

Tourbillon Souverain a seconde morte

Movement

manually wound, FP Journe Caliber 1403; diamter 32mm, height 6.35 mm; 26 jewels; 21,600

vph; one-minute tourbillon; escapement with "second morte"; patented remontoir; plates and

bridges made of 18-karat gold.

Functions

hours, minutes (off-center), subsidiary seconds; power reserve display

Case

platinum; diameter 40mm, height 10mm; sapphire crystal; exhibition window case back

Band

platinum, folding clasp

Price

US$121,500

Variations

in rose gold with crocodile skin strap (US$96,200).

Isn't it all about what makes you happy? Much as I've tried, I just can't get excited about Pams 'cause I just don't like the way they look. (Flame-retardant suit is on.) For many, a watch is a highly personal choice. For me, they're like women - I like most of them. I say whatever floats your boat.

Naturally. Everyone is different, or we would all look the same and have a wife / girlfriend that all look the same. Wouldn't be as much fun.

The girl I think that is the greatest looking girl, you may not ... (and a friend of mine *definitely* does not!).

It looks like watches and women are more form over function.... otherwise you would get that babushka Olga, the matron-like Russian woman that looks like... well that's enough you get the idea. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree that everyone has unique tastes -- which is why admin' perspective is always refreshing in a forum where many peoples' favorites lean heavily toward the Submariner/Seamaster/Pan side of the spectrum. Nothing wrong with those options, of course, and they are among the best repped models available, but if I were to buy a genuine watch, I think I'd get something different and unlikely to be repped, whether the rep is good or bad.

You're probably right.

There are watches difficult to rep just because of the movement inside as well... it would become too expensive as a rep. For example, a genuine El Primero movement perhaps? It would definitely cost a lot more than regular reps.

admin,

If that is your wrist in the avatar, I have two things to say to you:

1. Nice AP

2. Stick with 38mm and under. The watch looks pretty silly on your wrist.

Welcome to the New RWG and my to the point style :yeah:

LOL, that's why I traded it off for a 15300 Royal Oak which is 38mm fits my wrist a lot better. It was far too big for me. And yes that is my wrist in the picture, the setting is at La Swiss at Carrefour Laval, which is an AP AD, if you really want to get detailed. :p I had one originally, but wore it once and didn't like it.

It's great for everyone to have different tastes, I like the variety on this forum. People may not like the Journe, but I have that bit in me that says "I love it" in me. But on the contrast, I also like Panerais, because of their plain simplicity, but having said that, I will only buy Panerai reps despite the fact that I probably will keep shelling out the dough for Royal Oaks over and over again. :lol: