When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The full list of James Bond's watches.

JBond

The full list of James Bond's watches

Rolex Submariner:

ga001lx2.jpg

rolexwatchesrt1.jpg

Rolex and James Bond have a strong connection. Before Omega started supplying the watches for 007, Bond used a Rolex Submariner in several movies:

Dr. No (1962)

From Russia With Love (1963)

Goldfinger (1964)

Thunderball (1965) (and a Breitling Top Time but no pics... sorry)

You Only Live Twice (1967)

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)

Diamonds Are Forever (1971)

Live And Let Die (1973)

The Living Daylights (1987)

Licence To Kill (1989)

In the books of Ian Fleming, James Bond wears a Rolex Oyster Perpetual, but not many details are given by Fleming which makes it hard to find an exact description of this watch.

Rolex Chronograph 6238:

ga030xu3.jpg

ga030rolexoy1.jpg

A stainless steel Rolex Chronograph wristwatch, ref. 6238 was used for the movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969).

The actual watch was sold for GBP 23,400.00/USD 41,000.00 at Christies London, 16th December 2003. This watch was purchased by Eon Productions for George Lazenby to wear as Bond when, undercover as genealogist Sir Hilary Bray, he infiltrates Blofeld's research institute, Piz Gloria, in the Swiss Alps. At the end of filming, the wardrobe department sold off some of the costumes and accessories from the film and this watch was purchaed by the production accountant at the time. The watch was supposed to have been redesigned to be a compasss and the red seconds hand was the compass hand to guide James Bond.

Pulsar LED:

3502pulsarledwatch1da3.jpg

Live And Let Die (1973)

Seiko 0674 LC:

ga018mb0.jpg

The Seiko 0674 5009 was used by Bond in the 1977 movie The Spy Who Loved Me. 007 receives a ticker-tape message on the watch, telling him to report to Headquarters.

This watch is, like all the Seiko's used in Bond movies, quite rare. Beware of sellers on eBay offering similar Seiko models, claiming it to be the Bond watch, but there is only one correct model Seiko 0674 5009, and that is the one pictured here.

Seiko M354 5010 Memory-Bank Calendar:

s59em8.jpg

The Seiko M354 5010 Memory-Bank Calendar was used by Bond in the 1979 movie Moonraker. The watch is equipped with explosives and a remote detonator, which Bond uses to escape from the Moonraker launch platform.

This watch is, like all the Seiko's used in Bond movies, quite rare. Beware of sellers on eBay offering similar Seiko models, claiming it to be the Bond watch, but there is only one correct model Seiko M354 5010.

Seiko H357 5040:

007h357od0.jpg

The Seiko H357 5040 was used by Bond in the 1981 movie For Your Eyes Only.

This watch is, like all the Seiko's used in Bond movies, quite rare. Beware of sellers on eBay offering similar Seiko models, claiming it to be the Bond watch, but there is only one correct model Seiko H357 5040, and that is the one pictured here.

Seiko TV Watch:

007tvwatchpw3.jpg

From Octopussy, Seiko TV Watch tested in Q's lab. The real version has a black & white screen.

Seiko G757 Sports 100:

007g757wh4.jpg

The Seiko G757 Sports 100 watch is used by Bond (Roger Moore) in Octopussy. The Seiko is equipped with a tracking device to locate the Faberg

Thanks for the great post.

I think you forgot one though. The Seiko divers' watch, commonly referred to as the "Darth tuna" 1000m auto. I can't remember which movie it was featured exactly, but I recall reading something about it and seeing some pics too.

Thanks for the great post.

I think you forgot one though. The Seiko divers' watch, commonly referred to as the "Darth tuna" 1000m auto. I can't remember which movie it was featured exactly, but I recall reading something about it and seeing some pics too.

The watch is from A View To A Kill (1985) thanks for the info. ;)

The watch is from A View To A Kill (1985) thanks for the info. ;)

Thanks for that Jbond. I couldn't think of which movie it was, but I did remember reading about it. I was really surprised that so many Seiko's have been used in Bond movies though. Great stuff!

• 1 month later...