When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Too Good to be True?

freddy333

Here is a site that has some EXTREMELY realistic looking vintage Rolex reps. If the pictures are accurate, this site merits some SERIOUS investigation.

No prices posted.......you have to email for pricing. Here are a few of the more notable examples that made my eyes (& mouth) water

2007912859744907.jpg

20079128583913574.jpg

Here is the link

20079139235790363.jpg

20079139242771197.jpg

Here is the link

20079176234264730.jpg

2007917624413332.jpg

Here is the link

20079176201890552.jpg

20079176204873996.jpg

Here is the link

20079139403691923.jpg

20079139405550433.jpg

Here is the link (note the date font)

20079139112911164.jpg

20079139115544837.jpg

Here is the link

20079138524799367.jpg

2007913853148731.jpg

Here is the link

I have never seen such accurate & realistic looking patina on commercially made reps in my life.

The "Pics" or "Images" do look good .. but I tend to take a pessimistic approach to a site that has such realistic drawings and images.. with no pricing

I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong in my doubting that this is in fact ... a site that you could not trust.. but I think we have learned not to be so trusting... when ... something is too good to be true .. it usually is.. to good to be true..

I am much more sceptical when some of the images look like an artist rendering of the timepiece..

I would say if anyone is willing to play the roulette wheel, then ... good luck ~

Lani

Edit Add: this is there "Mission Statement" Scary... :huh: ..

Home>>About Us

Our company is one professional manufacturer specialized in wrist watches. We supply many kinds of watches such as Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Panerai, Cartier, TAG Heuer and more than 46 brands. We have the professional watchmakers and strict checking process, in order to ensure the products are in the high quality. We provide the high-grade watches and service but the prices are the most competitive, and the watches will be dispatched with the gift boxes.

We also supply many other fashion and popular products that we believe you must interest in them. Such as Gucci sunglasses, Montblanc pens, Louis Vuitton handbags and so on. All of them are in high quality and the prices are reasonable. If you are interested in any product, please don't hesitate to contact us at once, we will supply the details and reply your questions as soon as possible.

All customers will become our member as soon as order our any product, that you can enjoy the prices of our all products, recommend products per half a month and delivery cost by login the website. These are priorities for our customers.

We will update the website usually and ensure which products are in stock now, all of products are in stock which you can see them in our website, and we hope can supply more convenient way to you, that you can find the preferable watches which you like and easy confirm whether in stock, we believe that must can save your more time to choose our products.

We hope can establish a long-term business relationship with you and with our most honest, we are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions, comments or questions, Please feel free to contact us anytime, and as often as you would like to ensure that you feel 100% comfortable with your purchase. We at Prevailkey.com appreciate your trust, and look forward to making your experience with us not only worthwhile, but safe and pleasant as well. Nearly 80% of our business comes from repeat customers. We have no doubt that our percentage of repeat business will continue to grow.

About US | Use & Care | Shipping | Payment | FAQ | Contact US

Copyright

Absolutely. What dealer would hire an artist do do these slick, expensive renderings of the watches? Photos are much more reassuring.

Shame, the vintages are gorgeous.

Absolutely. What dealer would hire an artist do do these slick, expensive renderings of the watches? Photos are much more reassuring.

Shame, the vintages are gorgeous.

What? Those are photos. Admittedly, they're composites, but they're not paintings.

I hereby nominate DBR to be our sacrificial lamb and order up 2 of those 6542s, one to be shipped to me for photographic documentation purposes.

All in favor say "aye"

:tu:

I hereby nominate DBR to be our sacrificial lamb and order up 2 of those 6542s, one to be shipped to me for photographic documentation purposes.

All in favor say "aye"

:tu:

Aye.

Most likely a scam site. But if their response provides me with a warm, fuzzy feeling, I may have to preempt DBR.

On the negative side, they do not accept Paypal or direct CC orders.

A couple of things on the positive side --

For 1 thing, the hands on most of the vintage Rolexes appear new, or, at least, not in the same condition as the dials. This tells me that either the hands on all of these gen vintage watches have been replaced with hands of a more recent vintage or the watches are reps (if these are all pics of vintage gens, it is hard to believe that none of the pictures would be of gens with matching hands). And, although no guarantee of reliability in the rep world, this is from their FAQ --

18.Are your pictures from the actual replica or the genuine watches on the Wed site?

You may be amazed by some of the pictures we have up on our website. Because of their quality, you might think they are from catalogs of the genuine watch. But that is NOT true! We have an in-house professional photographer taking the pictures for us, and he has taken pictures for a few watch catalogs before.

As a matter of fact, many other sites steal our pictures to place up on their own website.

We guarantee 100% that all pictures taken from our site are actual pictures of our Swiss Rolex replicas! The watches look exactly as represented in the pictures, and we never, ever use anyone else's pictures, or pictures of the genuine watch. If you have any doubts at all about buying the watch, just remember that we have a money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose!

At the end of their Daytona section, I found this;

post-783-1218565896_thumb.jpg

Not a very big pic, but you can see what is a most horrible rep. I find it odd that this site can post pictures of amazing stuff, yet can also stick in a clinker such as this one. Freddy, please do keep us posted if you find out anything else, but do be cautious as, IMO, any vendor picturing Date Justs with the older "pie pan" dials, Omega speedy moons with correct sub dial spacing, vintage peices with damn near perfect patina, and then some real dogs here and there just makes me wanna cry foul.

At the end of their Daytona section, I found this;

post-783-1218565896_thumb.jpg

Not a very big pic, but you can see what is a most horrible rep. I find it odd that this site can post pictures of amazing stuff, yet can also stick in a clinker such as this one. Freddy, please do keep us posted if you find out anything else, but do be cautious as, IMO, any vendor picturing Date Justs with the older "pie pan" dials, Omega speedy moons with correct sub dial spacing, vintage peices with damn near perfect patina, and then some real dogs here and there just makes me wanna cry foul.

That is another thing that made me do a double-take instead of just walking away. You do not usually see scam sites that mix gen pics with such obvious (& poor quality) fakes. Also, I have noticed that although most of their Daytonas are posed with their hands in the usual gen Rolex photo positions, many are slightly off. This tells me that their pictures, at least, might actually be original (or they spent alot of time & were very lucky to locate pics of vintage gens all posed in the same position). Look at the position of the second hands & the similar light reflections on the cases/bezels (denoting pics taken in the same location)

20079137341717924.jpg20079137421972686.jpg

Proceeding with cautious optimism.

Aye.

Most likely a scam site. But if their response provides me with a warm, fuzzy feeling, I may have to preempt DBR.

Trust me Frederico, you could wait a decade and still preempt me with this seller ;)

I have little doubt you will have your pants pulled down, metaphorically speaking - the 6542 in that pic is a gen, absolutely no doubt whatsoever. I'd bet Nanuq's rusted junkyard of a vintage collection on it.