When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Is and Why the Euromariner?

EuroTimez

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse a newbie question..... I know on the Omegas alot of the reps have those awful raised pearls on the bezel and the gens have sunken ones.

Just because on this pic the Noob's pearl looks more genuine than the Euro. I could be completely wrong but what is the general consenus of opinion on it? Is the Rolex not sunken like the Noob one and closer to the Euro model. They both look pretty nice. What cost difference?

4-date-mag.jpg

Well hello to everyone! I am thinking of getting the Euromariner 2008 with the ETA mechanism but i have one question! Is the mechanism a chinese copy of the real swiss mechanism right? Also a question about the mechanism. How accurate is it guyz? Thanks and congrats on the forum fellas!!

Well hello to everyone! I am thinking of getting the Euromariner 2008 with the ETA mechanism but i have one question! Is the mechanism a chinese copy of the real swiss mechanism right? Also a question about the mechanism. How accurate is it guyz? Thanks and congrats on the forum fellas!!

Yanni kalimera kai kalwsirthes (good morning & welcome). Chris has a QC policy . He guarantees that when you buy ETA from him, it IS ETA. He is very trustworthy , read his posts on his policy. You pay a premium but you receive high quality service.. And ask the board anything you want. (kai emena episis - me also)

Man thanks for the welcome!! :)

I can see Eurotimez looks like a serious business it is just that i read that there is no replica Rolex with a genuine mechanism made in Switzerland, but instead, copies of that mechanism made in China. So i thought genuine ETA meant that it is an exact replica of the mechanism. If so then that means that the mechanism is the same one as that used in the genuine Rolex????

Please excuse a newbie question..... I know on the Omegas alot of the reps have those awful raised pearls on the bezel and the gens have sunken ones.

Just because on this pic the Noob's pearl looks more genuine than the Euro. I could be completely wrong but what is the general consenus of opinion on it? Is the Rolex not sunken like the Noob one and closer to the Euro model. They both look pretty nice. What cost difference?

4-date-mag.jpg

Does nobody have any answer to this, regarding the pearl on the bezel?

To explain it as simply as I can (and because my brain isn't really working at the moment)- Gen pearl is essentially a small, thin WG ring (it's actually a small cup that sits in the insert, for lack of better term) that is filled with lume and has a glass dome over it. A pic would explain this better than I can (I need some coffee, methinks):

IMG_3038.jpg

Man thanks for the welcome!! smile.gif

I can see Eurotimez looks like a serious business it is just that i read that there is no replica Rolex with a genuine mechanism made in Switzerland, but instead, copies of that mechanism made in China. So i thought genuine ETA meant that it is an exact replica of the mechanism. If not so then genuine ETA means that the mechanism in the top priced euromariners is the same one as that used in the genuine Rolex????

Edited by yannis7777

Its a 2826 some say its even better then the rolex 3135

Yeah, some people also say that Toyota is better than Mercedes. And usually all these people drive Toyotas. :D Might be cheaper to maintain and just as reliable... but "technically" and overall quality-wise... nope.

Whoever says that ETA 2836 is better than Rolex 3135 is full of it. 2836 is definitely NOT in the same league with 3135. The only thing better might be the rotor construction (this according to Ziggy).

The Noobs generally come with a pearl that is slightly 'zitty' whereas the Euromariner comes with one that looks to slightly proturde from the surround. With a gen insert the Euromariner will be amazingly close to the real deal.

To explain it as simply as I can (and because my brain isn't really working at the moment)- Gen pearl is essentially a small, thin WG ring (it's actually a small cup that sits in the insert, for lack of better term) that is filled with lume and has a glass dome over it. A pic would explain this better than I can (I need some coffee, methinks):

Thanks guys.... looks like the one to go for huh...

Chris at Eurotimez is selling the Euromariner WITHOUT the engravings on the rehaut.

Just thought I'd let you know ......... I'm not crazy about all that engraving.

Forgive a noobie here, but is the engraving found on the Gen as well?

I wonder as I found the thread below where the member in question used a Dremel to take away the engravings from a rep and also that the noobmariner rep doesnt seem to have the engravings either.

I found the thread here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...;hl=euromariner

// d

Forgive a noobie here, but is the engraving found on the Gen as well?

I wonder as I found the thread below where the member in question used a Dremel to take away the engravings from a rep and also that the noobmariner rep doesnt seem to have the engravings either.

I found the thread here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...;hl=euromariner

// d

I just bought a NoobMariner from Chris and there are no engravings on it, nor any other Noobs that I'm aware of.

I think the Euro is the only one. Don't know about the Gen

Jim T

Edited by JimmyT

Some of the newer gen models have the rehaut engraving (i.e. Z and M serial). Some of the Z serials, but not all. For a while, the engraving was dependent on if the watch was SS, TT or 18K full gold, though now it is a feature that is being implemented across all model lines, regardless of case metal type...

Yanni kalimera kai kalwsirthes (good morning & welcome). Chris has a QC policy . He guarantees that when you buy ETA from him, it IS ETA. He is very trustworthy , read his posts on his policy. You pay a premium but you receive high quality service.. And ask the board anything you want. (kai emena episis - me also)

Hi 'im2',

I just bought a NoobMariner from Chris and his communication and QC seem great. I went with the Swiss ETA

and it's running little fast.......around 5 seconds a day or so. I've only been wearing it 2 days. Do they settle down to an acceptible "drift that's close to the mark ?

Jim

Edited by JimmyT

5 seconds a day is very good, it's within what is required for a COSC certification (-4, +6)

Hey b16a2,

thanks for the note. When it first arrived it was really fast around 10-15 secs a day. My gen SMP 2254

runs around 3-4 secs slow per day.

Do the ETA's on the Rep subs ever settle down? I know it's within COSC parameters but will it stabilize?

here's a couple of pics of her.

cheers from Oz

Jim

post-16348-1222958031_thumb.jpg

post-16348-1222958054_thumb.jpg

post-16348-1222958075_thumb.jpg

post-16348-1222958103_thumb.jpg

Edited by JimmyT

OK from what i have gathered across this fantastic thread, you can pop some genuine parts into the Euromariner without any hassle at all!

Can someone please list a price in Euros for the original parts that can replace the replica ones?

Also can you fit the genuine bracelet?

If someone could come up with pces of the parts and prices i would be grateful! Thanks felas!!